PG Music Home
WHO STOLE ENGLANDS 50 BILLION ?
england has misplaced not 5 pounds , but 50 billion !

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55173402

does anyone here have it ? ive been looking under cushions all day. lol.
best/merry xmas..
muso.
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
WHO STOLE ENGLANDS 50 BILLION ?
england has misplaced not 5 pounds , but 50 billion !

ROG???

I have just the guy!

I can't remember the exact context - it was either something to do with investigating Russian oligarchs, money laundering, or some combination of shenanigans.

In any event, investigators were complaining that despite what were clearly large amounts of funds flowing in from dubious sources, British banks turned a blind eye as long as there was profit to be made.

Sounds like they're continuing to be incurious.
I have it here in my desk but no one around here in Miami will take Pounds. I can't fly due to Covid-19...this really sucks. You did say 50 Pounds...right?

Cheers,

Billy
Being British this comes as no surprise at all. The city of London being the banking capital has always turned a blind eye to dodgy dealing where profit is concerned, and going so far as too help the people with big money find a way of “losing” it. London is full of empty homes worth Millions, owned by foreign “Investors”, Trying to unravel the shell companies and off shore accounts is nigh on impossible. The Bank of England knows where the money is, and are how it went missing. They were the ones that allowed the Isle of Man to become off shore havens in the first place.

https://www.offshore-protection.com/isle-of-man-tax-haven

I think it was our Pentagon that has misplaced $2.3 trillion IIRC.... and no one has any clue. I'm thinking a simple audit could find it.... that's not exactly a "rounding error". But it's been forgotten since it was discovered and announced on Sept 10, 2001.... and events the next day took it off the news permanently. Oh, and, it's still missing.
DB Cooper strikes again!
it's probably under the mattress of thousands of people in the UK who see what a dog's breakfast of BREXIT boris johnson and his crew of little englanders are making. food prices will go up unless he gets a deal and the pound will plummet in value. (time to change your pound into euros?)

i have seen BREXIT described as 'giving up everything we have to take back what we never lost'.

the old and xenophobic have screwed the future of our country and our young people who look beyond the narrow nationalistic view of a defunct british empire mentality.

and if any brexiteers say european rules restrict us, all you have to do is ask them 'how'? and they can't tell you. it's all myths like eu rules dictate the shape of bananas.

rant over - have a good christmas smile
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
it's probably under the mattress of thousands of people in the UK who see what a dog's breakfast of BREXIT boris johnson and his crew of little englanders are making. food prices will go up unless he gets a deal and the pound will plummet in value. (time to change your pound into euros?)

i have seen BREXIT described as 'giving up everything we have to take back what we never lost'.

the old and xenophobic have screwed the future of our country and our young people who look beyond the narrow nationalistic view of a defunct british empire mentality.

and if any brexiteers say european rules restrict us, all you have to do is ask them 'how'? and they can't tell you. it's all myths like eu rules dictate the shape of bananas.

rant over - have a good christmas smile

+1 Bob!!
"pound will plummet"? It HAS.
Maybe if "our young people" had got out of bed on Brexit Polling Day and actually voted, we would not be in the situation we are now. Seems to me at the moment that the only thing "our young people" want is to be free to infect anyone they like and their only worry is where the next Pint is coming from.
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Seems to me at the moment that the only thing "our young people" want is to be free to infect anyone they like and their only worry is where the next Pint is coming from.

No worries, it's that way in the States too..... smile
Frankie Boyle had a good point......... he said

'its not fair to describe people who voted for brexit as unintelligent. i think they voted to leave because they genuinely dislike pakistanis'.

but that joke only probably make sense to those of us in the uk.............

if we stripped out the racist and xenophobic elements from the referendum vote the small percentage that tipped the result to leave would probably have disappeared
IN the states the "young people" want a policy where police cannot arrest anybody who commits a crime.... Freedom to burn, loot, mug, carjack, deal drugs, kill people....
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I think it was our Pentagon that has misplaced $2.3 trillion IIRC.... and no one has any clue. I'm thinking a simple audit could find it.... that's not exactly a "rounding error". But it's been forgotten since it was discovered and announced on Sept 10, 2001.... and events the next day took it off the news permanently. Oh, and, it's still missing.

There's no such thing a a "simple audit" for the Pentagon. The way they do business just isn't compatible with standard accounting practices, and there have been teams and teams of accountants and accounting firms trying to comply with legislation mandating that accounting standards be applied to the Pentagon.

Pentagon Audit Shows Logistical Arm Of Military Can't Explain Where $800 Million Went (2018)

Pentagon fails audit yet again, could pass around 2027, comptroller says (2020)

It's the kind of project one could retire from without coming close to the goals.
© PG Music Forums