PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Hammersmith Pro Soniccouture Steinway D - Free - 12/26/20 11:28 AM
The Hammersmith Pro Soniccouture Steinway D is the essence of what a grand piano should be. Guys this is currently at a reasonable sale price, but better yet there is a free Kontakt V6 Player lite version for download. This to me is the essential Grand piano, so bright you have to wear shades. Extremely playable and expressive instrument. My current go to bright Grand.

Take some time to hear it demoed here.

Thanks Dan for the review, so seems you prefer it compared to the Ezkeys Studio Grand?

Looks like you are definitely enjoying your retirement, all this extra time to spend with your music.

smile
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Thanks Dan for the review, so seems you prefer it compared to the Ezkeys Studio Grand?

Looks like you are definitely enjoying your retirement, all this extra time to spend with your music.

smile

Thanks Musiclover, you are exactly correct.

I audition a lot of different piano sounds. But I only download a small fraction of them and then only keep a fraction of those and then only recommend a small fraction of those. This is one of them I recommend. A free Kontakt V6 player instrument, which weighs in at just over 4.5 GB and is serialised through Native Access. It is currently the first thing I load in the morning. I know these sounds can be personal, but this has some kind of magic mojo in it that makes it very playable. Huge dynamics from soft to loud. So bright you have to wear shades (but I said that already grin). There are a couple of demos on Youtube.

I don't know for how long this deal lasts or if it's forever, so grab it while you can. Link below:

Soniccouture Hammersmith Free: https://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/p322-hammersmith-free/

Guys, this freebee is back for a very short time. This continues to be a big favorite of mine. Ya, the free version is a bit limited in mics, but it is not limited in sound! It is absolutely one of the most beautiful grand pianos available and it is FREE.

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/free-stuff/
Good Stuff Dan, I got Hammersmith free from your init1al post

I actually lived in Hammersmith in london for a good number of years, so probably the software is named after there.

There are a few extra freebies there too that I didn't have so got them as well.

Thanks again.
Musiclover,
So glad to see you are enjoying this product. That now makes three of us. You, me and Peter (who by the way went for the full version) have all taken advantage of this wonderful product from the folks at Soniccouture. Seems every piano has it own voice and speaks to each of us in a different manners. On top of that it is certainly true that different music requires different pianos.

The Hammersmith is my "player" piano. I use a number of piano VSTs in my music, but when I am actually playing the piano this is the piano I want to play. Could be the 21 Velocity Layers. This is extremely expressive on my SL88iStudio.

I would have thought this tread would have gotten more attention here with the BIAB Folks. I suspect several reasons. 1) Folks already have there go-to piano sounds which fit the music they make and are just not generally looking for something new. 2) Many are not familiar or comfortable with the hoops one has to jump through to use a Kontakt instrument. For this final point I can only add, if any one is waiting for a reason to install the Free Kontakt Player-V6 and jump into the deeper end of the pool to advance their music libraries, this is the time and this is the piano.

Oh, and despite prior claims, I can run this in BIAB 2021 v822! But unfortunately, not without an issue! cry It seems that when this VST is used with the MST's the player has his foot down hard on the Sustain Pedal the entire performance. Ya, that is a problem. I started another thread to see if we can find a fix for that. crazy

Attached picture Hammersmith in BIAB.JPG
Dan, I DLed this right after your first post. I do like this piano and it does sit well in mixes. It is also an excellent solo piano. So yes I am in the "I like it" camp.

For others, if you haven't DLed this yet then do it. If you don't have the free Kontakt player needed to use this then DL it also. This is one of, if not the best, free DL out there today, it will make your BiaB MIDI piano tracks come to life.
Mario
... welcome to the club. We have meetings once a month, I will get you an invite to the next. grin

Dan
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Mario
... welcome to the club. We have meetings once a month, I will get you an invite to the next. grin

Dan

Do I have to bring my piano wink
The free version has not been available for a long time now. However....

If you previously grabbed the free version of the Hammersmith when it was available, log in to your Soniccouture account and you should see an upgrade offer to Pro for $79.
Without the prior free version the current sale price is $99. This is still my favorite go to piano to jam out.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
This is back and FREE again. All the previous items in this text remain the same.

We can start up the club meetings again for new members. grin

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/

Try this legendary virtual piano for yourself.. free.

Free Download Via Native Access
4.8 GB Library
21 Velocity layers
Schoeps MK4 Mic Pair
Kontakt Player NKS Compatible

Hammersmith Pro just €99 | $99 Until Sept 30th 2022
Dan, I downloaded this from your previous post some months ago. Definitely do like it. Is this a newer version or the same free version one?

Jeff
Same version. It comes and goes for free. I know, there are a lot of wonderful piano VSTs. And a lot of them are free. But if you have the disk space this is worth the download.
Hope I am not pushing this too hard. Just want to be sure I get your attention. grin
Attention? Yes, got it wink
Not just your "everyday" Steinway. I love that comment.
© PG Music Forums