PG Music Home
My old system has a Radeon HD5450 graphics card. My new system has a Radeon RX570 graphics card.

I have a 36 inch wide Proscan TV I am using for a monitor with my old system. Works great as I can stand up and play guitar and see the information on my DAW.

When I tried to hook this monitor to my new system I can not get it to size properly.

Got any ideas?

Billy

Both are connected HDMI
Posted By: MarioD Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/16/21 10:08 PM
Have you tried setting the Radeon RX570 resolution to the same resolution you used with the Radeon HD5450?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/16/21 10:31 PM
Is there a "recommended" when you look at the Windows side of the resolution? What can suck is when the card, the system and the monitor ALL have sizing options. My upstairs system uses a 32 inch flat panel TV and I STILL don't have it right!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/16/21 10:34 PM
Hi Mario,

Yes, I have tried to set it to every resolution that is available. I guess there is something really different with the RX570. I could remove the RX570 and use the HDMI port that is on the motherboard to see if that would work. I could install the HD5450 in the new machine.
I have not tried that yet. I am a little tired of working on computers...lol

Billy
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/16/21 10:38 PM
The Control Panel for the graphics adapter card will have a resolution adjustment setting, and one of the available resolutions will likely be listed as 'Native'.

Does that setting improve / (work) ?
Posted By: Planobilly Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/16/21 11:49 PM
Hi,

Been messing with this and discovered the old computer card displayed a setting of 1776x1000 which works.

The new card does not display that setting.

I also started digging into the control panel for the new card....ten zillion settings...lol

I have not found "Native" yet....still looking
Posted By: Planobilly Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/17/21 12:03 AM
I resolved the issue by increasing HDMI scaling to 6% in the RX570 control panel.

Well...that was pretty arcane stuff.

I never found "native" but that did lead me to dig deep enough into the control panel to solve the issue. Thanks Video Track.

Man...what a pain in the...
Billy
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: My new computer monitor question - 01/17/21 06:55 AM
Glad you got it working.
© PG Music Forums