PG Music Home
Posted By: bobbyt9999 A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/19/21 10:06 PM
Greetings all...

I bought an upgrade for my 2019 version of BIAB to version 2021. I opted for the external hard drive. With doing so I have removed version 2019 from my computer's hard drive because space on it is starting to cause just a bit of worry. My first question is:

Do I have to install all the 2019 real tracks into the new upgrade or are they already there along with all the new ones that came with version 2021?

My second question is:

I spend a lot of time in my workshop where I have a laptop. Would I be allowed to take my BIAB hard drive and use it on said laptop as well as using it on my PC?

As usual, thanks for your help in answering these questions. So much appreciated

/Bobby
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/19/21 11:00 PM
Second question, Yes. Install BIAB to each computer and specify the external drive as the location for files on each. You have three activations each new version, and this will use two.

First question. What level did you have, and what did you buy? For example, if you had an Ultrapak but bought the Pro upgrade, then we have some work to do. Let’s start there.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/20/21 02:03 AM
Easiest way is just install the new version over the current one. BUT, the new version can contain undesirable new bugs so I always make a complete copy of my current BIAB folder so I can revert at a moments notice.

1) copy your current BIAB and RB folders to an external drive
2) install your new upgrade over the old installation
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/20/21 09:29 PM
Hi Matt... thanks for the comeback.

I'm pretty sure that it was the ultrapack that I upgraded to 2019's version and then upgraded again last week. I do know for sure that I did not buy anything "Pro."

/Bobby
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/20/21 09:32 PM
Hi John...

The main reason for getting the external drive was so that I didn't have to install it on my computer's hard drive. As I said, my hard drive is just starting to fill up to where I'm starting to worry.

/Bobby
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/20/21 11:17 PM
OK. If you had the 2019 UltraPak and bought the UltraPak upgrade to 2021, then yes, you will have all the RealTracks on 2021 that you would have had before, and several hundred new ones. The only thing you might miss is if you bought any XtraPak or Bonus Pak files in 2019. You would want to install those again.

And, the Pro pak in BIAB is actually the starter pak. You have the better package.

ps During the pandemic, I've been spending most of my time just a few hours south of you.

Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/21/21 12:28 PM
Thanks so much for clearing this up for me, Matt... much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that you're not getting snow today like I am... Just about anywhere south of me is better that here. smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/21/21 12:47 PM
We have a little snow.

We did not talk about any content you may have created, like songs, user styles, or user tracks. I trust you know where those are and have backed them up.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: A Couple of Upgrade Questions - 01/21/21 02:21 PM
Two things are pretty much a given living in Montreal, neige et parler français...lol

We have family living there. One of my favorite cities in north America.

Billy
© PG Music Forums