PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Halftime show - 02/07/21 11:03 PM
Every year this halftime show gets worse and worse. I really miss "musicians".
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 01:04 AM
what he said

Billy
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 10:23 AM
What halftime show. I saw a bunch of moving around, lights going everywere and moving mouths, but I did not see a show.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 10:45 AM
My 25 year old son tells me Weeknd is actually very good and knew all the songs he was singing. He is a R/B Soul singer so not exactly suitable for a studium show. On top of that the show was held in the stands and not on stage on the field. But more likely the issue was the sound system. Half time shows have a very bad reputation for pulling off the sound. Me - I could not hear a thing. My family does not allow me to turn up the TV that loud.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 11:10 AM
I thought it was fine, a very curious choice for the halftime show though. I can't say I'd imagine the fanbase of football and The Weeknd really matching. My dad hated it, but I personally thought it was so-so. Didn't really captivate me or anything, but I didn't think it was awful.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Every year this halftime show gets worse and worse. I really miss "musicians".

What? Was there something special going on yesterday?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Halftime show - 02/08/21 11:59 AM
All prerecorded, Dan. They used to record the music and the performer would sing, but even that went away about 8 years ago. I think Red Hot Chili Peppers was the last band that sang live over prerecorded music. They showed some closeups and people took still frame captures of Flea playing his bass with the output jack on his bass completely empty. In this case I don't even know what Weeknd or Dwntown or whatever his deliberately misspelled name is does, nor did I care much to find out.

I think the last halftime show I watched was Bruno Mars.
© PG Music Forums