PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor My kids just honored me thusly - 02/18/21 09:38 PM
https://youtu.be/lDByv7HoAyg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: My kids just honored me thusly - 02/18/21 10:27 PM
Nice gift. The name, Leader Of The Band fits. The intro to the video explains it well.

You're very lucky your children think of you in this manner. Not all parents are so lucky.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: My kids just honored me thusly - 02/18/21 10:35 PM
Wow Don. This song always gets me a little choked up; but knowing your children honored you in this way brings it to another level. I have no reservations in saying it's assuredly well deserved.

What an unbelievable feeling it must be to know your children revere you in such a way. My friend, I am happy there is music to express these feelings to this extent.

I agree with Jim, you are a lucky man. It speaks volumes of you and your family.
Posted By: MarioD Re: My kids just honored me thusly - 02/19/21 10:44 AM
Good buddy, you are a very blessed man. Your kids love you and I'm sure that most if not all of us here in the forums love and pray for you. I know that I do.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My kids just honored me thusly - 02/19/21 10:46 PM
I'm blessed with a gaggle of wonderful musician friends and they include some of the top guitarists in the civilized world.

Many have given their permission to post their sets while Zooming into my recent Hootenanny but I am a bit uncomfortable posting the link. If I could be assured that I wouldn't get any of them in trouble I would be proud and happy to post the link.

Some of the artists include Dr. Peter Gannon; Muriel Anderson ( harp guitarist ); Dr. John Knowles ( Chet Atkins' go-to-guy ); Richard Smith; Hayley Oliver ( 4x nominee for Best Female Country vocalist in the UK by BCMA; ) Isla Grant ( Scottish Country recording artist; as well as our own Joanne Cooper.
But perhaps the most famous is a nice long set by Tommy Emmanuel.

Joanne has recorded the full 5+ hour show and has my permission to post the link if she wishes.

Here's one that Tommy Emmanuel plays 'live' for my farewell Hootenanny:

https://www.facebook.com/16303028649/videos/2441534362629936
© PG Music Forums