PG Music Home
Posted By: Planobilly First gig of the pandemic - 04/24/21 11:43 PM
Small private party. Everyone has been vaccinated. First time I played without a headphone in forever. Played through my Deluxe reverb. I was actually sort of uneasy for the first song...lol

We had a really great time, super good lead guitar player/vocalist. Really good drummer who was right in the pocket...makes things so much more fun. Blues/Rock...easy stuff, no pressure.

I ask the guitar player if he could sing Big Boss Man. He said of course. I said good because I going to show a new version. I started the bass line and the bass player knew what I was doing right away...lol

Here is a video of sort of what it sounded like...Michael who?...lol

https://youtu.be/VCvF2Jpcg_8

Good friends, good food, good time!

Billy
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: First gig of the pandemic - 04/25/21 09:41 AM
Congratulations on the gig!!!

We're getting bookings for next winter season up here in Ft. Pierce. We targeted the senior citizen audience in 1985, and they've been good to us.

The vaccines are here and that's good, but they are all headed back "up north" so we have a bit of a wait before we get to do our second favorite thing again.

Notes ♫
Posted By: Planobilly Re: First gig of the pandemic - 04/25/21 10:42 AM
Thanks Bob.

The weather here today is exceptionally hot for April...92

I never played with these guys before. It went super well. It is so much fun to be able to communicate with musicians who have a good basic understanding of the style of music you are playing.

No need to explain much..."it's in G minor, pop, 120, stays in key" or "Bb shuffle, swing feel" After a few songs, we did not even need to call the key. Fun stuff!

It's not 2019 but it's not 2020 either. Better days ahead I hope for all of us.

Billy
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: First gig of the pandemic - 04/26/21 11:50 AM
My son's jazz trio played their first gig of the year at a vineyard a few days ago.. but it rained hard and almost nobody came. So my son's concerns about social distancing were for nothing... the closest person in the audience was 20 feet away.
© PG Music Forums