PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance Anybody tried the Hybrid Keys NI freebie? - 05/28/21 02:57 PM
Got an email from Izotope and NI who are partnering up and giving away freebies, Ozone Elements and Hybrid Keys respectively for a few more days.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/ozone-elements-hybrid-keys-for-free/

Anybody dl'd and tried the Hybrid keys here? What did ya think?

Thanks,

Josie
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anybody tried the Hybrid Keys NI freebie? - 05/28/21 03:12 PM
First I am hearing of this. So no interest in Ozone Elements since I already have the full packages. But listened to Hybrid Keys. This is very similar to Unify! Tons and Tons of presets which is good since I don't know how to put these sounds together myself. I generally don't care much for these type of synth sounds. In the case of Unify it does so much more than play the synths that I made an exception and paid for the program. I like it overall. So I know I don't need any more synth sounds, but in the case of Hybrid Keys it is free! If just one or two of these end up sounding nice it would be worth it. So I am going to see what it takes to download and install the free version. Let me get back to you on how it pans out.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anybody tried the Hybrid Keys NI freebie? - 05/28/21 03:43 PM
OK, install was as simple as it can be. I already have an account with NI so Native Access is already installed. Only complaint was it did not ask be where I wanted to place the ~4GBs of files. Maybe I missed that.

After ~ 8 minutes I found a keeper with this one. This one was way cool and I could see using it at some time.

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, for someone who wanted to get introduced to NI by installing the free Kontakt 6 Player and creating an account and then down loading this freebee, this would be a good chance.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: MarioD Re: Anybody tried the Hybrid Keys NI freebie? - 05/28/21 04:51 PM
I have Hybrid Keys and it is OK. You have an A and B section. You load a preset into each and blend them to your satisfaction. You have lots of options for sounds and effects. You also can choose to have only one section activated at a time. I'm sure that you will find some use for it. It is well worth the DL IMHO.

Note I got Hybrid Keys when I upgrade Kontakt so I'm assuming it is the same version here.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anybody tried the Hybrid Keys NI freebie? - 05/28/21 04:58 PM
I have seen Hybrid Keys listed at $49 USD. It comes in the Komplete 13 package.
Thank you for the info Dan and Mario,

I dl'd it last night but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
© PG Music Forums