PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 06:13 PM
Of course no one is counting, crazy but occasionally I check this top poster list. I have been on a bit of a tear lately so my position is up there at the moment. Otherwise, very familiar names, except for... may I ask, who is Zedd?

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
who is Zedd?

I don't know, but if we were in Canada he'd be last....
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 06:31 PM
He has made 1164 total post. From Vancouver, BC I assume. Registered in 2016. I have it on good authority he is a world famous musician.

You need to try and keep up Dan!!...lol

Billy
Posted By: rharv Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 06:47 PM
Eh, that list just shows who has been posting away lately.
Real heavy hitters (think lifetime batting average) are found in the User List .. sort by Posts.

Even in that list, MusicStudent, you made first page, so you got that going for you.

That said, there are only two of us who have made it half way to the legendary Mac number.
And he hasn't posted in years. We're all amateurs compared to him.
90% percent of his posts were really valuable to boot.

/except the day he ran around here blaming everything on me .. took me reading a few posts to realize he was making fun of someone else who had blamed me for something.

He wasn't around long after that .. wait, that doesn't sound right; his leaving was NOT my fault!

Posted By: DrDan Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 07:15 PM
Seems like some one is punking me here.
When I do a search for his name it shows no posts in 2021? So where has he posted 124 times in the past 30 days?
Posted By: rharv Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 07:35 PM
Not sure where you're looking
When I go to the aforementioned User List, filter by Zedd I see the below. He's posting.

Attached picture zeddPosts.jpg
Attached picture userListPath.jpg
Attached picture xeddonline.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 07:46 PM
Can't find him. Seems he is in Mac side of things. Not worth too much effort, I was just wondering what he was so chatty about? Maybe he will find me. grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 10:02 PM
The Mac beta testing just finished. It would be expected to see a jump in Mac tester's posts now. Zedd is a very valued contributor.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Post List by User Name - 06/10/21 11:08 PM
Hey Dan, I don't see his posts either......

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
The Mac beta testing just finished.

That must be what it is. I don't have access to the Beta testing forums and therefore cannot see his recent post count. That's probably Dan's issue too.
Posted By: rharv Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 08:20 AM
Historically they have not counted beta posts in this list ..
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 08:31 AM
Only because we asked them not to, and they made the change. But that was for Windows. Also, I’m not even sure if it’s still in effect. I think mine went up.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 09:41 AM
Counting posts in the Mac beta Forum is the only explanation to the mystery! You have to be real chatty (in a good, bad or indifferent way) to generate 124 posts in 30 days! It takes a real effort. I know. grin
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 12:55 PM
Some including me are beta testers. And like many others we are active in the User Showcase. A lot of testing was recently done prior to the recent 2021 Mac release and that likely skews the count. The beta forums are only available to testers but it looks like we appear in the overall count. BTW Zedd is a good guy!
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
You have to be real chatty (in a good, bad or indifferent way) to generate 124 posts in 30 days! It takes a real effort. I know. grin

Or you just have to work here grin

Matt and Videotrack still have me beat though, talk about chatty!
Posted By: rharv Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 06:19 PM
FWIW, this type of post is exactly why we asked for beta posts to not show in that list.

Especially around new release time.
People started asking us about the new release because they saw our post counts and noticed us being less than normally active on the public forums so they put 2 and 2 together.

I assumed they made the rule for all beta forums, but who knows.
Quite a few of us would have much higher post counts if those got beta forums counted at all.

Maybe Simon can clear it up.
Did something get reset?
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
FWIW, this type of post is exactly why we asked for beta posts to not show in that list.

Especially around new release time.
People started asking us about the new release because they saw our post counts and noticed us being less than normally active on the public forums so they put 2 and 2 together.

I assumed they made the rule for all beta forums, but who knows.
Quite a few of us would have much higher post counts if those got beta forums counted at all.

Maybe Simon can clear it up.
Did something get reset?

I wouldn't know myself, but I'll ask the powers that be to look into it so we will know for sure.

*edit*

Posts in the Mac beta forum do increment the post count. We're pretty sure it's that way for the Windows beta forum as well.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Post List by User Name - 06/11/21 08:59 PM
Simon, I agree. But it is possible for it not to be that way, and for some years, it wasn’t.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 12:02 AM
Frankly, I don't think it matters if posts are counted. Beta testing is hard work. Lots of issues are found and resolved because of this undertaking. What can be derived is that others are putting in an effort to the benefit of all.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 08:36 AM
I have ZERO concern over my beta posts adding to my total of, well, posts. smile

Bud
Posted By: MarioD Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 08:45 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Frankly, I don't think it matters if posts are counted. Beta testing is hard work. Lots of issues are found and resolved because of this undertaking. What can be derived is that others are putting in an effort to the benefit of all.

Yes, and I would like to thank all of the beta testers for their hard work.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 08:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I have ZERO concern over my beta posts adding to my total of, well, posts. smile

Bud

What is the difference between adding beta posts to the total or adding the thank you posts in the showcase forum? Personally I don't give a rodent's rump about how many posts anyone makes. YMMV
Posted By: musiclover Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 09:18 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Bud

What is the difference between adding beta posts to the total or adding the thank you posts in the showcase forum? Personally I don't give a rodent's rump about how many posts anyone makes. YMMV

Well said Mario and Janice and Bud, I was going to to say something along the same lines, and I thought "Maybe I am overlooking something here" so I didn't.

But it seems this is very important to some people so everyone to their own.

One thing I would like though is a thank you button added to the forums so that a person could be thanked without having to post to do it, but maybe then that might create a problem as to who receives the most "Thank You"
Posted By: rharv Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 09:33 AM
If it was about the post count, we would WANT the beta posts counted. You guys are taking this all wrong.

Beta testers cannot talk about the testing in public forums, so it's a pain in the butt when you start receiving PMs & emails asking about the new features (are they finally adding 64 bit this year??, did they make a plugin, etc). THAT is why we asked for it to not show in the counters.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 11:08 AM
If I had to read JUST the posts of users who have me on "ignore" this would be an all day reading thing for me...

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 11:41 AM
I believe the beta testers posts are again being counted, and no one to my knowledge has yet objected, so no problem. Some of us not only have large boosts, but the inflated count remains because we try hard to help new adopters for awhile after the public release.

So Rharv is correct (as always) that testing can be deduced by others who do watch some post counts changing rapidly. This year, the Mac testing occurred a bit later than the year or so before (and even THAT was noticed), but the Windows version testing has remained in the same general time each year. Of course, past performance is no guarantee of future events...

Carry on.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Post List by User Name - 06/12/21 12:02 PM
Quote:
... Some of us not only have large boosts, but the inflated count remains because we try hard to help new adopters for awhile after the public release.

Yes, good point. It is noted that the beta testers often work encouragingly as a team to assist users with understanding new features during the transition period. Naturally, this increases counts. I think I can also include the O/P as a positive supporter in this area also, and there is no doubt this is appreciated.
© PG Music Forums