PG Music Home
In one of Melbourne's papers today, Australia's influenza statistics up until May were reported for 2019, 2020 and 2021 as follows...

2019 (pre-covid): 30,000+ cases, 800 deaths

2020 (covid): a few hundred cases, 40 deaths

2021 (still covid): 263 cases, 0 deaths

My city has just lifted a 2 week lockdown that was initiated by 300+ covid exposure sites. These sites were created by undetected cases of covid mingling in the community.

It makes me wonder why I never before realised that by being careful, I could have avoided so much illness over the years.
Great thoughts Noel, and something that has crossed my mind too, but had no statistics about.

No shaking of hands either which must be a great help in not spreading viruses.

Personally I think when we do get through all of this I would love the sanitizing stations to stay.
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Personally I think when we do get through all of this I would love the sanitizing stations to stay.

Oh, yes. These should be permanent and mandatory. They must have prevented significant transmission of much more than Covid-19. Great suggestion.
Just don't have kids. You would be amazed at how few pathogens come home...lol

Billy
I never noticed anything different. I COULDN'T go out in public any less than I do...
There was a report on the news yesterday citing an increase in colds and allergies as mask usage has decreased.

The mask mandate in my area says, except for certain settings, mask use is optional if you are fully immunized but required if you are not.

Statistics indicate 30% of my immediate area is immunized. Visually, more than 95% of the population isn't wearing a mask. So much for the honor system. Go figure.
Originally Posted By: Noel96

It makes me wonder why I never before realised that by being careful, I could have avoided so much illness over the years.

I've heard more than one person comment that due to the measures they took to avoid covid they didn't get sick at all in 2020. Coincidence? Maybe in a few cases. But the precautions sure didn't hurt.

I retired 7 years ago and haven't been sick once since retiring. While I still had to venture out and mingle with people on a daily basis I was sick a couple times each year. So, even without the mask, my introversion keeps me socially distant from everybody (whether they have germs or not)
Once I gave up on communion my colds went down considerably. The masks ended it.

BTW, folks, if you are sick please do not attend Sunday service.

...Deb
© PG Music Forums