PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 03:19 PM
I wanted to go mow the lawn but still listen to a Twitch stream I like to listen to. No problem, right? I have 5G here so my data stream is strong. All I need to do is plug in the over ear sealed headphones and...

AAAARRRRGGG!

The Galaxy 21S is the first model where they eliminated the headphone jack and you have to use bluetooth headphones. Which I do not own.

Well, DID not... The Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth noise canceling headphone will get here Tuesday.

Posted By: rharv Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 03:37 PM
I got a Note10+ and discovered the same thing
Let me know how you like the headphones, though I rarely use my phone for music.
I should probably start, since it has 256 gig of space smile
That would hold plenty of MP3s
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 04:42 PM
And all I wanted to do was listen to a Twitch stream!!! $300 later... LOL!!!

All I ever need is an excuse and it's off to Amazon for me!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 05:11 PM
I have had two prior pair of the noise cancelling Bose. Left one on a air plane and when I replace it with a second pair, my son decided he needed them more than me. I loved both pair, but not more than my son.

However, I have never learn to enjoy BlueTooth technology. Just never behaved well in my limited attempts at its usage.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I got a Note10+ and discovered the same thing
Let me know how you like the headphones, though I rarely use my phone for music.
I should probably start, since it has 256 gig of space smile
That would hold plenty of MP3s

And for a few bucks a month you can have access to millions upon millions of songs and keep all those gigabytes free smile
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
And for a few bucks a month you can have access to millions upon millions of songs and keep all those gigabytes free smile

I happily pay 8 bucks a month for Amazon music's middle tier. I also have an Alexa Auto so I just say "Alexa" (boink) "Play song Soulfire by Little Steven" and it announces and plays it. I have to include "song" or it wants to play the whole album of the same name.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/02/21 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Left one on a air plane

Had I left $300 headphones on a plane I would have risked prison time by hijacking it as it tried to leave...
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/05/21 03:32 PM
This is exactly why I still have an old 2016 model iPhone - the headphone jack. My ATH-M50X's sound better than ANY bluetooth headphones I've ever tried.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/06/21 05:10 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
And all I wanted to do was listen to a Twitch stream!!! $300 later... LOL!!!

All I wanted to do was listen to spotify while I mowed the lawn... but the gas mower was so loud that the noise cancelling air pods were overwhelmed by the noise. So I had to solve my problem by buying an electric mower. You got off easy at $300.
Posted By: rharv Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/06/21 07:53 PM
Simon
Those headphones work with the iPhone??
I thought the ATH-M50X's needed a bit more power..

I WAS a bit surprised to learn a lot of the newer phones abandoned a physical headphone jack, but a few years ago when I experimented with headphones and powered speakers (on an Android at the time) I was disappointed by the output of the phone.
I'm quite surprised to hear an old iPhone could drive those headphones properly.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/08/21 02:01 PM
I have a set of cans that is bluetooth, integrates smoothly with my phone, and has built in amps with 85 dB shutdown for loud noises. I can turn the volume on the amps down and listen to music streamed from the phone while I'm cutting grass or celebrating my 2A rights.

Problem I have is that the quality of the audio, while OK, really is lacking on the bottom end of the music. It's tolerable and beats not listening to music or using my ear buds .....which I have actually done.... Pop in the buds, put on the cans and it's a really quiet experience mowing the grass. But the buds tend to be uncomfortable under the cans after a while.

Oh the first world problems I have to deal with ....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/08/21 02:47 PM
If anyone is looking for a great sounding bluetooth earbud that you can use while mowing, these are excellent (IMO)...

https://www.amazon.com/EarFun-Wireless-Bluetooth-Detection-Headphones/dp/B08B4QSSPS

Comfortable. Excellent sound (good bass and good highs).

I can put them in and set the volume level to where I like it, THEN start up the mower (or blower) and still hear the same level of clarity - without touching the volume. (Barely hear the mower)

I never have drop-out or connection problems (which I DID have with others that I tried).

Currently on sale for $50. Well worth the price.

($250 left to spend on something else).
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/09/21 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
If anyone is looking for a great sounding bluetooth earbud that you can use while mowing, these are excellent (IMO)...

https://www.amazon.com/EarFun-Wireless-Bluetooth-Detection-Headphones/dp/B08B4QSSPS

I can put them in and set the volume level to where I like it, THEN start up the mower (or blower) and still hear the same level of clarity - without touching the volume. (Barely hear the mower)

I never have drop-out or connection problems (which I DID have with others that I tried).

Why do you torment me so? I already am seeing the amazon delivery driver in my driveway more than I should..... It's too easy to click BUY NOW..... and I'm tempted..... so tempted.....
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/09/21 10:51 PM
Herb, I bought something at 9am on Amazon Prime Day and I had it at 9 THAT NIGHT!!!

WAY too easy.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/12/21 03:44 PM
Herb, I bought something at 9am on Amazon Prime Day and I had it at 9 THAT NIGHT!!!

WAY too easy.

OK.... go ahead and brag....
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/14/21 05:38 PM
Well, at least THIS thing I will actually USE. It won't sit on a desk and look pretty.

Arrives tomorrow. If the brass sounds are good I will break it in Saturday night at our gig.

Of course that means I need to change to a rack mounted mixer system because my amp has only 3 inputs, and if I do that I may as well include the Proteus I got from Steve. And the vocoder would get some use for harmonies if I took it out so I should include that in the rack...

This board has some really great reviews, and the ones that are not high ratings are pretty much from piano purists who don't like the feel of the keyboard, but there are no bad reviews about the sounds.

6 months same as cash, I'll pay it off in 3.

Korg Krome EX 61 key

Slechta, I'm coming for the DX9 next! LOL!!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/14/21 06:47 PM
Slechta, I'm coming for the DX9 next! LOL!!

Waiting with bated breath... You'll like that Korg. They have great sounds. Still use my old N5.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/15/21 01:27 PM
Just unpacked it and ran through some of the staple sounds and it is glorious. I should not be shocked that a new keyboard makes a better trumpet sound than a 1988 Ensoniq ESQ-1. It was acceptable back then, but it' snot back then anymore. I won't know enough about using it to play it Saturday, but by the next gig I will have spent some hours with it.
Posted By: rharv Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/15/21 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Floyd, thanks for the suggestion, mine came today and I am pleasantly surprised
.. work great for what they were intended
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/15/21 11:54 PM
Sweetwater is really dangerous. I ordered that keyboard yesterday at 1:30pm. I got it today at 11am. Granted I am only 3 hours away, but to think that they got an order, processed it, pulled stock, and got it on a truck to get it here in 22 hours is amazing. It is SO easy to spend money these days. When I think of how much I have spent while sitting in my office it is staggering.

Between Amazon, Sweetwater and Craigslist... a cheap Slovenian's worst nightmare.

But man, this keyboard sounds really good. The brass, pianos, strings... all great. It's like my ESQ-1 but 30 years of sound architecture better. It's going to take me a good long while to learn how to tweak sounds and learn how to set parameters (because I now have to learn Korg-speak), but day one found me learn how to do basics that are important to my gig, like set MIDI channel, set pitch bend range (which is NOT global - it is sound by sound) but life is about learning new things. Splits, layers, things I never did much. And there is a ton of memory for the sequencer, though I may never use it.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh, it just never ends!! - 07/16/21 08:52 PM
Got far enough with the new board that I am officially retiring the ESQ-1 as of today. The Krome goes to the gig tomorrow. I gave him a 61 key salute...
© PG Music Forums