PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Bringing My Desktop Computer Up To Date - 07/16/21 09:42 PM
I was fortunate to convince my wife into letting me purchase a really nice Dell desktop computer last year. For many different reasons the machine has not been in use lately. I turned it on today and have been updating all day.

First it was Windows updates. Two Windows 10 Home version upgrades and security updates.
Then it was motherboard bios, graphic and audio chip driver updates.
Then it was software managers including 1K Multimedia, Native Instruments, iLOK, Bandlab, and Izotope.
Then software

Now for the kicker. I kept getting failure notices while trying to update both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand. Finally figured out I was running 2921 2021 update installers on 2020 programs! blush Really? It's been THAT long? sleep
I'm more impressed that you found an update for 2921!!
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I'm more impressed that you found an update for 2921!!
Yea, I had to come back from the future to apply those updates! Thanks Eddie, I corrected the tupo, typo. smile
Posted By: KeithS Re: Bringing My Desktop Computer Up To Date - 07/18/21 03:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Yea, I had to come back from the future to apply those

Did you bring back any documentation of sport scores and stock market info for the next several centuries that you can share? smile
Posted By: KeithS Re: Bringing My Desktop Computer Up To Date - 07/18/21 03:35 PM
And here is a special back to the past for Eddie. I have been looking for this ever since we mentioned it in an earlier thread. This is the inside page of a book my wife bought at a book signing in Westerville, Ohio a few years ago. Jane Snow Cooks
Wow!! I just had a flashback of those 6 really long years. I had a cold shiver in my spine. Lightning flashed and thunder rolled on this perfect 80 degree summer day! And I may have felt some seismic activity.

But fair is fair. I am a really good cook as a result of those years. I'm smart, I learn fast, and I remember things well.

It just took me a long time to recover all of the soul and will to live she sucked out of me...
© PG Music Forums