PG Music Home
I found an Australian compilation album of original country songs performed by
Quote:
a fine collection of Australia's best independent country artists
. A copy of the album cover is below.

There are two songs I liked enough to purchase and download. Unfortunately, no artist names are given! I would like for the artists to receive proper recognition so am asking for your help in identifying the artists. The album was released in 2012 and the songs appear to have been originally released between 2003 to 2006.

Song 1 is called The Way Old Friends Do and song 2 is called Wives Don't Like Old Girlfriends.

That was quick! Thanks Steve. cool

Update 1: The links have been removed. I've notified the vendor and requested they contact the music publisher to update the files with the proper information so the songwriters and artists can receive the proper royalties. Update 2: The download vendor demanded a corrected download from the publisher.

Description: Dirt Road Presents The Australian Country Music Series: Volume 1 "A fine collection of Australia's best independent country artists"
Attached picture folder.jpg
Per the Shazam app on my phone......

Song 1 is Johnny Chester
Song 2 is Camille te Nahu & Stuie French
That girl is your sister but your mama don't know...lol Johnny Chester.
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Who Sings These Australian Country Songs? - 08/27/21 04:00 PM
Only person I know that did Wives Don't Like Old Girlfriends was Suzy Bogguss with Chet Atkins on their album Simpatico. Written by: SHANE (MICK BARAKAN) FONTAYNE, RANDY VAN WARMER. That album is from 1994. Released in October of that year.
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Who Sings These Australian Country Songs? - 08/27/21 04:03 PM
When you look it up on Amazon Music it lists the artists with each song and Steve is right about song 1 and 2. Never heard the Australian version before.
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Who Sings These Australian Country Songs? - 08/27/21 04:04 PM
Winds of Change by Toe Sucking Cowgirls. Now that is a band name.
While I was in the military I discovered country music is enjoyed world wide. Some of the best bands I've heard were bands in the Philippines, Japan, Australia and Vietnam. South Africa and Europe also have some great domestic country music.

The main thing I've noticed is the genre is broader internationally than it is in the US. Much of what the US would label Americana, Rockabilly or Folk fall under the country umbrella elsewhere.

As one that remembers hearing Marty Robbins, the Everly Brothers, Motown, Dean Martin and the Ventures without changing the radio dial, I think broad classifications are good for the music business and listeners.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
The main thing I've noticed is the genre is broader internationally than it is in the US.

That may have changed though Jim. We were in Vietnam 50 years ago.
© PG Music Forums