PG Music Home
Hey,

Is it just me, or is the feature that allows you to see who's online on the forum and what they are doing and reading kinda creepy?

David Snyder is currently in his boxer shorts with his video camera plugged in looking at off topic posts and brushing his teeth.

Now, he is reading a youtube forum post.

No, now he, and the six other people on, named....and....and....and are typing a response to a forum argument about forum etiquette.

Looks like David is trying to log off.

No...he's logging back in and trying to disconnect his camera...

[memory hole.....]

Creepy? Or am I just overly sensitive?

Is this a Canadian law or something???

Will anyone laugh??? Or will they call me a hater???

The Internet is so complex.
At first I read, "Who on the forum is kind of creepy?" =8^)

You can make yourself invisible in Preferences. I usually do that myself because in fact I do find being watched like that kind of creepy.
I think it's kind of creepy that I kept reading past the OP's 2nd sentence...
What a difference punctuation makes.

"What's that lying on the road ahead?"

or

"What's that lying on the road? A head?"

So in this case:

"Who's on the Forum" feature kind of creepy?

Or my favorite:

"Punctuation: The difference between knowing your sh** and knowing you're sh**."

Eddie,

I clearly see where I went wrong.

What I meant was:

"Does anyone else but me, in any way, feel that the grumpy old puppet man doll who goes by Eddie 1261, appears to be, however minimally, in a certain cantankerous and leering way, exceeding the bounds of "unique forum specimen" and veering off wildly, to some degree, into the grey zone of certifiable creepiness, and even more, is anyone else bothered as much by the creepy puppet head man as I am.

That is what I was really trying to say, I think.

Eddie, was that helpful??
Crystal clear!!!

I wasn't aware of this until I read your post, then I had to search around to find it. Yes, the degree of detail is a bit odd, most other forums that I visit just have a list at the base of the page of those currently on line.

Vintage
I was at the VA hospital for several hours yesterday. I just did not feel good when I came home and went to bed very early.

I just want to thank you guys for waking up to one of the most hilarious threads I have seen in a long time. I laughed until tears ran down my face.
Perhaps I am easily amused...

Eddie has worked diligently for years to develop a certain persona and the latest avatar is perfectly suited to reflect that condition.lol

Having other people observe where I go and what I do every day does not really bother me much. I can turn my video camera on and you are welcome to live your life vicariously through me if you like...lol I am afraid it will be pretty boring...lol But...don't think you can get away with giving me a hard time if I did not dress to please you or I decided not to shave today...lol

In fact, if you can play piano or drums, and are willing to play in exchange for chasing me around with a video camera...bring it on....lol

Even better, apparently, I will need to have some surgery in a couple of weeks so filming that bloody mess should satisfy your most complex need to know...lol

There are very few things I find "creepy" half-naked girls with snakes wrapped around their neck come to mind...lol

And just so you know, Eddie is a friend of mind. Only a certain amount of making fun of Eddie will be tolerated before trained warthogs will arrive at your house to poop on you front porch...lol

LOLLOLLOL

Billy
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I was at the VA hospital for several hours yesterday. I just did not feel good when I came home and went to bed very early.

Billy

You and all of the other veterans on the forums thank you for your service.

You take care of yourself. Us vets have to stick together.

Welcome home!
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Billy

I have been talking to Billy on the phone lately about some new-fangled high tech music biz and entertainment inventions that could make billions of dollars, and I have to say, he is not as bad as people say.

He is actually a really nice guy.
I'll be OK...just stuff everyone has to go through from time to time. Nothing special.

Thanks Eddie and Mario for thinking about me.

Billy
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Billy

I have been talking to Billy on the phone lately about some new-fangled high tech music biz and entertainment inventions that could make billions of dollars, and I have to say, he is not as bad as people say.

He is actually a really nice guy.

You are screwing up my whole bad boy cowboy persona David.
It will take me weeks and at least a fifth of Jack Daniels to fix this "really nice guy" comment...lol

Actually, thanks David, that was a nice thing to say.

Billy
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Is it just me, or is the feature that allows you to see who's online on the forum and what they are doing and reading kinda creepy?

David Snyder is currently in his boxer shorts with his video camera plugged in looking at off topic posts and brushing his teeth.

You've got something stuck in your teeth still, bottom left.

But yeah, the "Who's Online" is definitely a bit lot more in-depth than other forums I've seen. As others have mentioned, it's possible to disable this for your account - simply go to the "My Stuff" link at the top then go to Edit Preferences - near the bottom, change "Hide from Who's Online" to Yes.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
"Punctuation: The difference between knowing your sh** and knowing you're sh**."

Let's eat Grandma!

Eddie has worked diligently for years to develop a certain persona and the latest avatar is perfectly suited to reflect that condition.lol

He's doing a wonderful job of it too!

And just so you know, Eddie is a friend of mind. Only a certain amount of making fun of Eddie will be tolerated before trained warthogs will arrive at your house to poop on you front porch...lol

Previous comment has been adjusted accordingly, even though I don't actually own a porch.
After all this conversation, I don't see this "Who's Online" thing. And no it's not turned off in Edit Preferences! Why am I being deprived of this? Why am I being treated like a redheaded stepchild?

I am making novellas. I need this kind of gossip. Why do you treat me like this?

Simon, you better answer!

Billy
Billy, this wouldn't involve a long tube and a small camera, would it?

That is something I DON'T want to see in the "What he's doing" area....
Billy, this wouldn't involve a long tube and a small camera, would it?

That is something I DON'T want to see in the "What he's doing" area....

That notice is not on this screen. If you go to Users then Who is online, on the right is shows what they are doing currently.
LOL...No Eddie, I wish it was only a long tube and a small camera. It involves robotic surgical instruments and conventional surgery to remove my left tonsil and the lymph nodes in my neck. And just to add insult to injury I get chemo and radiation to go along with all that fun stuff. I will be back to my normal cantankerous self in no time.

I looked at a bunch of videos of the procedure and I assure you that you don't want to see this either...lol

Well, they did give me a choice, do this or they would send me back to Vietnam...lol

And thanks for the heads up on where to find the "Who is on the forum" thing.

After looking around a bit, sadly I did not find any usable gossip.

And don't be sending no get well soon cards. I want whiskey and Peruvian Marching Powder smuggled in...lol

Billy
Billy, when I was going through chemo I found that Whey Protein really helped me. Chemo knocked the crap out of me. Whey Protein helped me get some energy back.

You might want to keep this in the back of your mind because if you are really tired all the time like I was it might help.
Thanks Mario

Billy
As far as creepy, eh, take it or leave it.
Sometimes it is handy if I am trying to help somebody, I can take a quick look and see if they are reading my reply .. if so I'll stay on a few extra minutes to see if I can help more, but if not, I may take a break.
Same with when I report a problem; it's nice to see if someone is looking at it and may offer a solution soon

It's handy, and who cares which thread you may be looking at on a given moment.
I kinda like it, but that said, I have it turned off .. I think that was from the old 'Ivan' days, hopefully not many remember that time frame.
Trolls made me do it, but that seems to have improved a bit lately.
OK, maybe not
Simon, you better answer!

I plead the sixth!
I'd have went with the minor 9th but that's just me .. <grin>
adds more suspense
Originally Posted By: rharv
I'd have went with the minor 9th but that's just me .. <grin>
adds more suspense

Minor 5th for me, seeing as I'm a metalhead. It reminds me of myself - ugly, clashing, and possibly possessed.
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
Minor 5th for me, seeing as I'm a metalhead. It reminds me of myself - ugly, clashing, and possibly possessed.

In Locrian Mode......
I listen to Simon play. I think he likes E demolished the best...lol

Billy
Hey Eddie, If I come back all black and blue and bloodied up with big ugly stitches in my neck, can I take a picture and use it for my new avatar?

Billy
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

In Locrian Mode......

Lydian is good too laugh there's nothing quite like a nice Tritone

I listen to Simon play. I think he likes E demolished the best...lol

Billy

That's definitely my favourite scale. I play it all the time on my 8 string! Owning one of those might be a bit heretical around these parts though crazy
Hey Eddie, If I come back all black and blue and bloodied up with big ugly stitches in my neck, can I take a picture and use it for my new avatar?

You can use whatever you like for your avatar!! I honestly expect to see you come home looking like this.

Originally Posted By: sslechta
In Locrian Mode......

Hey! Master Of Puppets was in Locrian.

Remember, while Locrian is the darkest of all modes, D minor is still the saddest of all keys.

© PG Music Forums