PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/10/21 03:41 PM
+++ Rolling Stones Article +++

An artist with the Monkees and the First National Band. singer, songwriter and producer.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/10/21 07:04 PM
I was sorry to hear about that. Here is one of Michael's songs called "Some of Shelly's Blues".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwCbLuCOwbk
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/10/21 07:30 PM
Sad to hear. It was less than a month ago his and Micky Dolenz ended their concert tour. He appeared very frail in the videos I've seen.
Bob, thanks for posting "Some of Shelly's Blues".

Charlie
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/10/21 08:00 PM
One Monkee left in that barrel. Not so common knowledge is that his mother invented White Out and he ended up with a load of money when she passed.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 02:54 AM
God rest his soul. He wrote some great songs. One of my favs is Joanne

Edit Thanks Bob, brain blip. Forgot MMM wrote What Am I Doing Hanging Round. :Blush:
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 04:30 AM
Yes, a very talented musician with a long and highly qualified career. RIP Michael.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 02:48 PM
Actually, "Hangin' Round" was written by Michael Martin Murphy and Owen Castleman.

We played that song for years and loved it.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 02:55 PM
Nesmith actually wrote very little when compared to how many albums they turned out. There are still people out there who think I'm A Believer was a Monkees original... (SMDH) His biggest song as a writer was Different Drum, that launched Linda Ronstadt from the Stone Pony's out to being a solo star.
Posted By: jford Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 03:39 PM
I think my favorite that he wrote was "Listen To The Band"; liked it from the first time I heard it when I was around 10 years old.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 06:33 PM
(SMDH)????
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
One Monkee left in that barrel. Not so common knowledge is that his mother invented White Out and he ended up with a load of money when she passed.

His mother invented Liquid Paper..... White Out came later and was a competitor. wink

He did get her money...

Charlie
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Michael Nesmith Dead at 78 - 12/11/21 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

His mother invented Liquid Paper..... White Out came later and was a competitor.

I had zero idea they were not the exact same thing. I thought White Out was a slang name for it. I'm not familiar with either since I have never made a typo in my life.

And I almost made it through that sentence with a straight face and less than 3 typos.
© PG Music Forums