PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Ripping from vinyl [Resolved] - 12/20/21 12:14 PM
Who here has a turntable and could rip an old (1973) vinyl album into MP3s for me? When you are done you can keep the album. I am not going to buy another turntable for this one time thing.

Some background. 2 guys who came from the original Buckinghams did an album that I once got in one of those "whole crate for 5 bucks" at a yard sale things. Then when I got rid of my vinyl I lost that album. Dennis Tufano and Carl Giammarise were two OUTSTANDING singers who did this album called The Other Side and I'd love to have those tracks in digital format, so I bought the album from Amazon.

As an aside, here is Tufano singing "Suddenly" with Olivia Newton-John from a tour in 1982.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvkr8r7-eU

If nobody here can do that I will look for someone local but I figured I might find somebody here who will do it in exchange for the album.
Posted By: jford Re: Ripping from vinyl - 12/20/21 12:33 PM
Hey, Eddie - If you send me the album, I can record it, clean up any ticks, pops, and surface noise, and rip to MP3. It's what I do as a hobby. PM me and I can send my information. Let me know. I've done the same thing with my 1500 record album collection and 800 cassettes. With my 512GB SD-card in my phone, I have some 50,000 or so songs available at my fingertips any time I want.
© PG Music Forums