PG Music Home
I ran across this software in another forum. Perhaps some of you interested in live performance will find it of interest. Here is a blurb from the +++ website +++ :
Quote:
Cantabile is the best way we know to play VST instrument and effect plugins in real-time. With incredible MIDI routing capabilities, whether you're practicing in your basement or rockin' the stage we're sure you're going to love Cantabile.

A VST Host designed for serious live performance
Flexible live MIDI routing capabilities
Super stable - battle tested on stage

Especially well suited to keyboard players
Integrates seamlessly with other MIDI hardware
Real-time audio processing for guitar and vocal effects
I use Cantabile to play a Grand Piano VSTi ( Synthogy Ivory ). It's great. Occasionally it gives a problem and won't receive any MIDI input, and then, boy, it's always difficult to figure out how to get it working again (maybe that's just me).
I disagree that Cantabile "is the best way we know to play VST instrument and effect plugins in real-time".

I used Cantabile years ago (preferred it to Forte, which has since ceased development), but switched to Gig Performer...and never looked back. I started on v2 and am now on v4. The developers are former IBM Research Center coders and current musicians (one tours). Highly recommended.

Gig Performer

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I use Cantabile to play a Grand Piano VSTi ( Synthogy Ivory ). It's great. Occasionally it gives a problem and won't receive any MIDI input, and then, boy, it's always difficult to figure out how to get it working again (maybe that's just me).

Have you tried Unify? I have never had any issues with midi routing in that program plus you can create a split keyboard easily.
Perhaps I need to experiment a little more.
© PG Music Forums