PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 07:22 PM
Hi everyone. Even though I do some video editing, and that is my ID on a different forum, it was not really a great identity for this music forum. So we're all about Audio from now on wink

I could add: "the name has been changed to protect the innocent" grin grin grin
Posted By: musiclover Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum AudioTrack, good to hear you in full stereo sound.

smile
Posted By: sslechta Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 08:15 PM
Who is this guy and what did he do to VideoTrack? This will take some time for me. smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 08:40 PM
Hey AudioTrack, I can still see you grin grin grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 08:42 PM
Sorry, that name is taken.
Posted By: rharv Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 08:51 PM
Quote:
I could add: "the name has been changed to protect the innocent"

Too late
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Hi everyone. Even though I do some video editing, and that is my ID on a different forum, it was not really a great identity for this music forum. So we're all about Audio from now on.

And it only took you 10 years to decide that!!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 09:02 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Similarly, and more appropriate for "AudioTrack", what has been heard cannot be unheard!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 09:54 PM
Hi everyone. Even though I do some video editing, and that is my ID on a different forum, it was not really a great identity for this music forum. So we're all about Audio from now on wink

I could add: "the name has been changed to protect the innocent" grin grin grin

Can't help but feel I bear some of the responsibility for this... laugh
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 10:40 PM
I just can't see the name change. smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Can't help but feel I bear some of the responsibility for this... laugh

Ha Ha. It had been on my mind for a long time. JJJ, in all honesty you actually helped wink
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 11:25 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
And it only took you 10 years to decide that!!

One shouldn't rush in to these things Eddie grin
Posted By: Planobilly Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 11:32 PM
No worries mate, you will still be in the Top Posters.

You need to be ready for a deluge of new "audio" questions, especially as I see you are advertising the fact that you have Audiophile 2022.

Billy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/13/22 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I just can't see the name change. smile
I hear you. laugh
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/14/22 07:49 AM
the people you owe money to will still find you - take it from me
Posted By: bloc-head Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/14/22 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forum AT... I'm going to change my "name" just as soon as it becomes less appropriate.
Posted By: Sundance Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/14/22 05:40 PM
Long may you .wav, Trev!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/14/22 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Long may you .wav, Trev!

Ha Ha. I'll .wav both ways wink

Attached picture waving-hello.gif
Attached picture speaker-music.gif
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 07:05 AM
talking of video editing simply reminds me how old i am. in my early days well before video tape was prevalent and the world went digital, i edited 35mm film for cinema commercials on a moviola. we actually cut the film and spliced with clear adhesive tape prior to neg cutting.

and yes we spliced audio tape using razor blades. with BIAB and RB i can now do things in seconds that the Beatles and Brian Wilson could only achieve by hours of work. shame i don't have the same talent.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 08:13 AM
One of first real jobs was working in a library. After way too many years, I decided to visit this last fall. Got a warm welcome and a tour.

They have a small collection of tools that was used in the library throughout the years.

I picked up a film splicer and said "I haven't seen a film splicer in years."

The response: "We all wondered what that was."

I then explained how to use it.

...Deb
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 09:39 AM
Originally Posted By: DebMurphy
I picked up a film splicer and said "I haven't seen a film splicer in years."

The response: "We all wondered what that was."

I then explained how to use it.

Fantastic stories from both Bob and yourself. I'm sure that some people don't know how good they've got it nowadays.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 11:14 AM

Fantastic stories from both Bob and yourself. I'm sure that some people don't know how good they've got it nowadays.

I think that every time someone complains about a software program taking a minute or two to load. I remember waiting 20 minutes for a program to load from tape! Sometimes it would fail at the 19 minute mark so it was rewind and start again. Those were not the good old days!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 01:08 PM
I remember downloading files from BBS systems over 300 baud dial up. In one instance I dialed up to "Al's Nest" to download a hockey game. It was 4 files that were in an early version of today's ZIP files. That system had a 1 hour user limit. Each of those files took 72 minutes to download. So they had a download that nobody could download. I called Al about it and explained and the deal was made that he would set up his system that at 11pm I could start the download and for that one session have unlimited time to get all 4 files.

0.3 kbps!!

My current ISP is 230 mbps.

Why has everything improved over the last 35 years except ME?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 01:09 PM
Remember old synths that stored patches on cassette tapes?
Posted By: MarioD Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 02:41 PM
I remember downloading files from BBS systems over 300 baud dial up. In one instance I dialed up to "Al's Nest" to download a hockey game. It was 4 files that were in an early version of today's ZIP files. That system had a 1 hour user limit. Each of those files took 72 minutes to download. So they had a download that nobody could download. I called Al about it and explained and the deal was made that he would set up his system that at 11pm I could start the download and for that one session have unlimited time to get all 4 files.

0.3 kbps!!

My current ISP is 230 mbps.

Why has everything improved over the last 35 years except ME?

Don't forget to mention that it tied up your phone line!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Even then I had no friends and nobody called me anyway, so...
Posted By: rharv Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 04:24 PM

Some things never change

// Eddie and I kid each other .. and poke and prod, so please don't think I am being a jerk just because I am smile
///Except Eddie, he already knows I'm a jerk
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 05:36 PM
That would have been impractical on the seven-house party-line phone line I had growing up.
Posted By: rharv Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
That would have been impractical on the seven-house party-line phone line I had growing up.

I remember those days!
I also remember only having to dial the last 5 digits of the phone number you were calling (as long as it was local)
45081 = Mom & Dads music store back in the day
Funny, I don't remember the home number from back then, probably because I never called it
Posted By: MarioD Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 07:03 PM

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: The not so 'new 'kid' on the block. - 01/16/22 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv

Some things never change

// Eddie and I kid each other .. and poke and prod, so please don't think I am being a jerk just because I am smile
///Except Eddie, he already knows I'm a jerk

Well if Eddie thinks that you are a jerk then I don't want to know what he thinks of me!
© PG Music Forums