PG Music Home
I'm enjoying searching YouTube and finding international talent that has hung their hat on the country music hat rack.

Bobby Cash has toured Australia, played on the Grand Ol' Opry and won a CMA award. He is a fine vocalist and guitar player. However, he really needs a better sounding acoustic guitar. The sound is harsh because of the piezo pickup. For that reason I choose +++ THIS +++ video. It is a studio cut and the guitar I hate is not used.
India' Top Country Entertainer? What? shocked

My business took me to India many times over the past 20 years. India, is very diverse and very regional. Things are different in the north, south, east and west, but I can tell you, the whole country has one thing in common, no one is listening to this in India. crazy
A three minute ad? I don't think so.

Bud
Sounds like the names that the scammers use...
That is good country regardless of what country he came from.
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
India' Top Country Entertainer? What? shocked

My business took me to India many times over the past 20 years. India, is very diverse and very regional. Things are different in the north, south, east and west, but I can tell you, the whole country has one thing in common, no one is listening to this in India. crazy

Perhaps that is why he spends time touring internationally, because his music is not appreciated in his home country. I've seen some videos of him singing songs from India with Indian instruments playing behind him. I haven't seen anything naming him India's Top Country Entertainer. I came up with that while trying to think of a subject header for the thread.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A three minute ad? I don't think so.

Bud
Bud, I don't understand the three minute ad remark. I don't pay for YouTube so I see a lot of ads. What I'm seeing is an ad, skip ads button and then the video. The video is a cassette tape with moving leds to simulate reel movement and oscilloscope audio signal where the clear window normally is. The audio is a studio album cut.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Sounds like the names that the scammers use...
At least he doesn't start each performance with, "Hello my name is Bobby Cash" (Think Johnny Cash impression).

Originally Posted By: MarioD
That is good country regardless of what country he came from.
I thought the song was pretty good too Mario.
I’m very active on YouTube as we watch music on it about every night. Your link sent me to a three minute ad with no skip option. I moved the FF slider over and at the end it started over. You gotta watch all three minutes to get through. I’ve had this happen before but not often. I was logged into YT so perhaps I was being targeted by algorithms but I doubt that. I recently loaded all of our videos on Vimeo as I grew tired of folks having to watch a YT prostate ad - no matter how short. smile
Well.....

I'm a personal fan of Benny Lava. If you don't know, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCB-GMpQ4ko You have been warned.....!

As far as this Cash song and singer goes.... I haven't heard of him but I don't live in India either. That is country the way it was here back in the 70's and 80's and unfortunately, it's not what Nashville is playing these days.
Aki Kumar is a favorite of mine.

Aki Kumar

...Deb
I take it as an interpretation, an East India take on country.
Benny Lava didn't do much for me. I like Aki Kumar's music. For both, are there any examples of either of them singing in English?

I'm not being snobbish but one of the "selling points" of both Bobby Cash and +++ Shota Adamashivili +++ is they sing well in English even though English is not the native language for either of them.
Aki Kumar singing

Self Made Man

He plays a great harmonica, also.

...Deb
Pretty good original song. The drummer and guitar player do a fine job backing him up. Not bad harmonica playing. Everybody seems to think you have to have that distorted harmonica sound when playing the blues. I disagree with that but I seem to be a party of one.

Thanks for the link. Great to hear Aki Kumar sing in English.
© PG Music Forums