PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle New Windows Video Editor - ClipChamp - 03/27/22 03:48 PM
Microsoft purchased +++ ClipChamp +++ to integrate the application into Windows 11. However ClipChamp works with other Windows operating system. +++ HERE +++ is an article with more details.
Sounds interesting. I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro for many years. There is only one bad thing with Premiere... it does not support Sonys XAVC S HD.(
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: New Windows Video Editor - ClipChamp - 03/10/23 01:13 PM
When it first came out, and without glasses, I thought it was called ChimpClap.
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: New Windows Video Editor - ClipChamp - 03/11/23 05:41 AM
What a rip-off. It's Basic version is included with a Microsoft 365 subscription (69 €/year), but they want another 11,99 €/month for the Premium version. Adobe Premiere Elements has a one-off cost of 99 €, it's not a subscription. They release a new version annually, with an upgrade price of 79 €, but you don't loose access to the version you have if you don't upgrade. I upgrade every 2-3 years. Premiere Elements is one- to two orders of magnitude more capable, but is still relatively easy to use.

If the "free" version of Clipchamp (part of a 69 €/year sub) works for you, great.
FWIW, I have a friend who's a retired video professional who used to use some very expensive tools, but now uses the OpenSource Olive video editor, with which he seems very happy. I gather it has its problems occasionally, but "is written by someone who knows about video editing and just keeps getting better".

YMMV.

I personally haven't used it.
Posted By: Roycol Re: New Windows Video Editor - ClipChamp - 07/31/23 12:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
FWIW, I have a friend who's a retired video professional who used to use some very expensive tools, but now uses the OpenSource Olive video editor, with which he seems very happy. I gather it has its problems occasionally, but "is written by someone who knows about video editing and just keeps getting better".

I've dabbled with it a bit myself, and yeah, it's got some quirks, but it's solid for an OpenSource tool. The updates do keep things fresh, I'll give it that.

I've been finding myself leaning more toward Movavi recently. Their interface just hits differently - super straightforward and easy to navigate. Plus, they've got this epic selection of effects that kinda makes the editing process a breeze.
© PG Music Forums