PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/09/22 05:05 PM
One of those No brainer purchases, but not just because of the $50 sale cost, but because I don't exactly know what I was thinking when I bought this. crazy

Celtic, Fantasy, Medieval and Emotional solo vocals for Kontakt
ETHERA Gold Atlantis represents an exciting development on the vocal library concept. Ethera Gold Atlantis is a tool for creating soundtracks, cinematic music, epic music trailers and any music requiring fantastic solo vocals.

Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/09/22 06:50 PM
Oh, and by the way, I swear it was not the artwork marketing which made me do it. grin

It really was the sale price and the beautiful vocals. crazy
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/16/22 07:31 PM
Here she is, sitting in with my band. grin

Air in the World
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/16/22 07:46 PM
cool....can it do lyrics too?
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/16/22 09:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool....can it do lyrics too?

Simple Answer - No
Marketings Answer - What’s Included in Ethera Gold Atlantis:
- 6 Multi-Sampled Kontakt Instruments.
- Over 6GB of 24bit, 48Khz samples.
- The Brand-New Atlantis True Legato – 4GB of multi-sampled and chromatic vocal true legato, up to 2 multi layers of articulations controlled by midi velocity. Natural Decay, no looped samples, Natural Vibrato, ‘No Vibrato’ samples.
- The Brand New Romantic True Legato. Over 1GB of multi-sampled and chromatic vocal true legato with a classic romantic sound.
- 7 True Legato Articulations Ah, Soft Ah, Ih, Uh, Phonemes 1 & 2, Romantic.
- Different Legato latencies (Slow 250ms, Mid, Fast).
- Long Legato Transitions, and Shorter Versions.
- Custom Convolution Reverb.
- Over 1000 inspiring vocal phrases organized by key – BPM – with legato mode.
- An inspiring vocal phrases builder enabling you to play haunting polyphonic melodies with customizable syllables.
- Sustain Instrument with a collection of inspiring vocal textures.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/16/22 09:07 PM
Hey Dan, have you checked out Realivox Blue? It has pretty female vocals with a word/phrase builder that looks pretty hard to use with medium results but the vowel sounds are awesome (ooos and ahhhs, etc.!) And it is on sale for $100. Now that I have EZDrummer I need to buy something else!!
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/17/22 08:40 AM
Ya, there are a number of "vocal" VI's available, and I am sure many of them are very impressive. But as you well know, we have to resist those impulse buys. When I see something I really like, I add it to the list. I don't buy any music stuff unless it first goes on the list. That starts the vetting process, "do I need it" or "do I want it"? "is the current price the best price"? "will I be able to make music with this"? I just bought Chorus for $379 at the upper end of my budget. That went throught the full process which took weeks. I bought it on the last day of the sale. I used it in the "Air in the World" track. Spirfire Appassionata was another recent buy at $179. I used that in this track also.

I currently have two more buys sitting on my list. Both on sale now. But at this time, between AI Chorus and Ethera Atlantis, there are no more backing vocal VI's on my list.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/17/22 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Ya, there are a number of "vocal" VI's available, and I am sure many of them are very impressive. But as you well know, we have to resist those impulse buys. When I see something I really like, I add it to the list. I don't buy any music stuff unless it first goes on the list. That starts the vetting process, "do I need it" or "do I want it"? "is the current price the best price"? "will I be able to make music with this"? I just bought Chorus for $379 at the upper end of my budget. That went throught the full process which took weeks. I bought it on the last day of the sale. I used it in the "Air in the World" track. Spirfire Appassionata was another recent buy at $179. I used that in this track also.

I currently have two more buys sitting on my list. Both on sale now. But at this time, between AI Chorus and Ethera Atlantis, there are no more backing vocal VI's on my list.

I was wondering if maybe you knew something about it. I'll prolly grab it at $99.
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 04/17/22 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
I was wondering if maybe you knew something about it. I'll prolly grab it at $99.

Oh, I guess I should have said, no. crazy I do tend to go on and on sometimes... grin
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 09/16/22 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
...But at this time, between AI Chorus and Ethera Atlantis, there are no more backing vocal VI's on my list.

I picked up both of these several months ago and I could not be more happy. No regret at all. AI Chorus was pricy but so much fun and easy to find a place in my music. If you have always wanted a top notch Choir, and have a big budget, AI chorus is highly recommended.
Ethera Atlantis was actually the bigger surprize. At a fraction of the cost of AI chorus, it is simply beautiful. I have used this in some of my music also. And now have my eye of a soon to release Atlantis 2.0 for early next month.

But if you have any interest in this type of vocal backing VSTs, you may want to look at Ethera 2.0. Same guy how gave us Atlantis. This is an older product but is being closed out and on sale now for $12.95. It needs fully Kontakt. That price is a no brainer for me.

Posted By: Paj Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 09/17/22 01:44 AM
Speaking of the Ethera family, there's and EOL (end-of-life) announcement ($13). . .

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/ethera-2-0-is-going-for-good.129901/#post-5181372

. . . and a bargain bundle offer (~$40):

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/78-off-ethera-bundle-by-zero-g/

For Kontakt Full/Retail (not the free Player). Between StefanoM's Ethera and Elements series of libraries, not to mention the free additional snapshots/patches he supplies on his website, there's a lot of sonic territory well covered.

https://stefanomaccarelli.com/

Paj
8^)
Posted By: DrDan Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 09/26/22 09:55 AM
I know a couple of us (if you include me), follow Stefano Maccarelli,the ETHERA developer. So the two of us already know what is coming next. But for the rest of you, there is a ATLANTIS 2.0 due to launch soon. Stefano has been sharing builds. Here is his 3rd preview of whats to come.

This is Hybrid software meaning it combines vocal audio patches/loops as well as conventional VI vocal sounds. It can be fun and easy to find a place in your music for some of this.

Opps, cry I just looked back in this tread and find I already mentioned this. Please excuse me. I must be getting old and forgetful. But the video was just released minutes ago.
Posted By: dcuny Re: ETHERA Gold Atlantis - 09/28/22 04:58 PM
In a similar vein, Fluffy Audio just released their "Simple Opera Singer", currently on sale for $40:

https://www.fluffyaudio.com/shop/simple-opera-singer/
© PG Music Forums