PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms Guitar learnin’ - 05/15/22 02:22 PM
I have a friend who want to learn to play the guitar. Basic chords and stuff. Any suggestions on a great free or low cost online program?
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Guitar learnin’ - 05/15/22 06:31 PM
Check out YouTube.

...Deb
Posted By: DrDan Re: Guitar learnin’ - 05/15/22 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
I have a friend who want to learn to play the guitar. Basic chords and stuff. Any suggestions on a great free or low cost online program?

Great, maybe.
Low cost, well that is relative to the value you place on the info.
On-line, yes both of these.

But remember I am biased as I amm invested in both these two sites. I am not musicstudent for no reason) grin

David Walliman https://www.guitarplayback.com/courses/
David's website and entire business is dedicated to Guitar lessons. I have worked with him on and off over the past 10 years. He has sales frequently for his program offerings and gives a lot of very informative lessons and teaching free on a regular basis.

Ayla Tesler-Mabe at www.guitario.com is also on my for list for lessons. But actually I am a lifetime member of www.pianote.com which is their sister on-line lesson program. I have studied with Lisa as a beginner for the past year and a half on piano keys. Excellent lesson plan for reasonable cost (again look for sales). Only recently did they start up guitario.com for guitars. Ayla is a guitar prodigy. They do the guitar lessons very similar to the piano courses, so I don't think you could go wrong for structured on-line lessons.

Both these sites have a huge web presense with lots of free demos to entice a new student. So try both out. if one of the instructors fit your style then it is time to invest. Structure is what you want as a new player.

Posted By: Byron Dickens Re: Guitar learnin’ - 05/16/22 01:13 AM
Without a doubt: Metal Method.

https://metalmethod.com/

Don't let the name put you off. Despite the name, it is a systematic, organized course that takes you from "here's how to tune" through being able to play all kinds of hard and classic rock and all the way to, well, to wherever you want.
© PG Music Forums