PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert Brainard Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/23/22 06:34 AM
Hello:

I have used BiaB for many years, but most of my use has been off and on. I am just coming back to using the program after an absence of about a year.

Typically, when inputting a note in one of the two edit modes, the note sounds. There is a box in Options/More that says __ Play Inserted Notes. I have this checked. Anyway, in my current configuration, my note is no longer sounding.

How do I return to being able to hear the inserted notes?

Thanks,
Robert
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/23/22 11:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Robert Brainard
Hello:

I have used BiaB for many years, but most of my use has been off and on. I am just coming back to using the program after an absence of about a year.

Typically, when inputting a note in one of the two edit modes, the note sounds. There is a box in Options/More that says __ Play Inserted Notes. I have this checked. Anyway, in my current configuration, my note is no longer sounding.

Thanks,
Robert

Welcome to the forums (though obviously not to BiaB)

Firstly: What version/year/build of BiaB are you using?

I'm not personally familiar with a box in Options/More that says __ Play Inserted Notes (see screen capture). Which Options item is this, and can you advise how to navigate to it?

You could try Options > Return to factory Settings and then set the Option > MIDI to use whatever MIDI device/ VSTi that you normally use to hear the notes on.

Attached picture 2022-06-24_0-20-32.jpg
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/23/22 09:54 PM
Hello:

Thanks,
Robert

Hey there! I see someone tried to answer your question above. You may find you get more responses if you post in the Band-in-a-Box for Windows or Band-in-a-Box for Mac sections of our forum — a place where people go to get help with their program — rather than the off-topic subforum!

If you need further assistance with the issue, you can always reach out to our tech team at support@pgmusic.com as well.
Posted By: Robert Brainard Re: Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/25/22 07:15 AM
Hello Expert!

I am using Version 2012 for Windows.

I went to Options/Return to Factory Settings and
selected Return Most to Factory Settings.

This did the trick!

Many Thanks,
Robert
Posted By: DrDan Re: Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/25/22 10:30 AM

This did the trick!

RTFS - 10 years the #1 Solution grin
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Play Inserted Notes not Playing - 06/25/22 02:04 PM
Hello Expert!

This did the trick!

Many Thanks,
Robert

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, as this can assist others.

If you open your original post, you can mark it resolved (there's a button available for that).
© PG Music Forums