PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 07:48 AM
Here is a new song post. The main vocal was recorded using a Samson Co1 and the background vocals were done by my son and were recorded using a Rode Nt1 on my Zoom r16, the song was created using all realtrac instruments from biab 2010. It was mixed using Realband 2010. It is an original song. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

My Music
My Blog
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 11:54 AM
Hi Robert,

I think you did a great job! The vocals are right up front in the mix, nothing else is in the way. The instruments seem to be panned and mixed well enough to satisfy my ears. I especially like the way you controlled the backing tracks to come in and out at various places in the composition. (IMHO, the classic newbie mistake is to let every instrument play all the way through a song, and you didn't do that)

One of the first things I do when listening to new music on SongRamp is to click through the song to see if there are any interesting "change-ups" in volume, instrumentation, harmony or tempo. If the song sounds pretty much the same no matter where I click, then I don't usually listen to the song all the way through.

I think that when composing with BIAB , special care should be taken to introduce this "change-up", because the software tends to fill up the space with sound, all at the same level. The nice thing about RB is that it lets you selectively remove some of the clutter and make other subtle changes to make the song more dynamic and interesting. (And you did that... good job!)

I also want to comment favorably on the content of your song. Music is kind of like water. If you take a gallon of water and put good flavoring in it, you end up with a gallon of beverage. If you take that same gallon of water and put a little bit of sewage in it, you end up with a gallon of sewage. Thanks for filling your gallon with that which is refreshing! (Philemon v.7) This is a much-needed ministry.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 12:59 PM
All I can say is WOW !

This is a great song with a super mix, outstanding vocals and lyrics. Robert this is your best to date.

Not only is this a keeper but it could also be a demo song for “how to use RealTracks successfully in a song”. GREAT JOB.
Posted By: Mike sings Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 02:20 PM
Superjob Robert!
As Mario already stated: your best to date.

On each song you made I always feel like the vocals could use some (tiny bit more) reverb. But that is just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Good song, good production, good vocals and good harmonies. Absolute keeper!
Posted By: George Nelson Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 05:01 PM
Hi PgFantastic, what a wonderful fulfilling song.
Like the Music, like the Lyrics and like the mix.
Well Done.

Regards
Michee
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 08:24 PM
Excellent Song. Fantastic message. Thanks for the reminder.

Don S.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 09:34 PM
Quote:

Excellent Song. Fantastic message. Thanks for the reminder.

Don S.

Don said it best. You did real good with this one Robert.

Later,
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 10:30 PM
Hi Robert,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this song. The music is very catchy and the lyrics are direct and effective. The song is well-produced, too. Reverb is such a personal choice but, for me, you had the ideal amount.

I'm ready for the next one, now.
Noel
Posted By: Jeff Payne Re: The Power of His Love - 01/21/10 11:32 PM
This is sort of a Neil Young sound, if he was writing and singing for Christ. That's a compliment sir. Very good accompaniment to a fairly well produced song.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 12:31 AM
Robert,

I have witnessed first hand "The Power of His Love." God has given us our daughter back from the Swine Flu (H1N1) and Acute Respitory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) diseases. You'll never know how much these lyrics mean to me this day.

Keep writing and singing your songs brother, they are a blessing. You did an awesome job with the RT's here, it sounds great !!!!

You could have written this one specifically for us. I have witnessed his Love and Mercy throughout her illness. He CAN move mountains !!!

You did a fantastic recording. Keep em coming brother.

Trax
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 03:27 PM
It is wonderful news to hear that God has healed your daughter. He is so wonderful. Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked the song. Keep the faith. God will provide.

My Music
My Blog
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 03:53 PM
Robert. I always enjoy your songs. You have a really good, clean, voice. Your son did an excellent job on background vocals.

Usually I would also add a tad more reverb to a song. But this mix is perfect. I wouldn't change anything. It jut don't get any better than this Mate. Keep it up. Lookin' forward to the next one.

BTW I liked the ending. Perfect stop.
Posted By: MikeK Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 04:05 PM
Like Russ, I think the ending could NOT have been more perfect. Love the whole comp. Excellent work!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 04:17 PM
The ending was accomplished by using a 1/8 Push on the last 3 beats. Just for any that did not know how to accomplish that type of ending. Thanks everyone for the response.

My Music
My Blog
Posted By: occ Re: The Power of His Love - 01/22/10 05:02 PM
Robert this is your best yet. Everything sounds great. I believe this could be a hit song!!occ
Posted By: Powderman Re: The Power of His Love - 01/23/10 05:17 PM
Robert,

Everything has been said - but just letting you know i truly enjoyed. Great mix and message.
Posted By: Sundance Re: The Power of His Love - 01/25/10 05:34 AM
Love that harmony. One of your best yet.

Josie
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: The Power of His Love - 01/25/10 10:25 PM
Quote:

The Power of His Love

Oh, sorry.

I thought, by the title, that this was a pro gay-rights song.

Never mind.
Posted By: John Whitney Re: The Power of His Love - 01/25/10 10:50 PM
Very well done!
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: The Power of His Love - 01/26/10 06:06 PM
Quote:

It is wonderful news to hear that God has healed your daughter. He is so wonderful.

Yeah, because doctors, medicine, and the body's own immune system I'm sure had nothing to do with it.

© PG Music Forums