PG Music Home
Posted By: justanoldmuso Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/01/22 09:51 PM
need help.

all my posted songs gone from scloud .
anyone got same problem ?

i clik on tracks in my sig ..zilch..all songs gone.

is it that one is only allowed a certain time on sc ?

i just tried also to play mario and rusty songs ...
on sc...same deal.
sc says not found.

best

om
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/01/22 10:05 PM
When is the last time you visited your webpage? At one time SoundCloud had a rule that you had to visit your webpage or add a song at least once every six months, maybe once a year, to keep your account active.

I moved many of my songs from my SoundCloud account to my Bandlab account a few months ago. I took this action because I couldn't listen to a linked song without first enduring multiple commercials. I wanted to post my songs in a webspace that doesn't force listeners to waste their time and endure the commercials.

I did lose about seven years worth of song files from another music vendor with a similar name, SoundClick. I received an email stating they were deleting my files and sure enough they were gone.
Jim.

very odd. now everything ok.

thanks.

om
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/01/22 10:57 PM
How strange. They were gone when I clicked on your signature link. The webpage said you had 13 song but none were listed; now they are. Good for you!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 02:26 AM
Mine are still there. Maybe just a glitch?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 10:13 AM
I don't know this for a fact but I think SoundCloud got hacked last night.
I had problems logging in but thought it was my problem. Once in I was OK for uploading. But when I tried to leave a comment sometimes an error message saying that I couldn't do that came up. I couldn't even get to some peoples' song.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 10:22 AM
You guys are scaring me. Over the years I am afraid that Soundcloud may be the only place some of my music still resides. I am going to have to do something about that.
Mario.

yep i tried to listen to your latest song but couldnt yesterday late on.
obviously a hiccup somewhere.

anyone got an alternative ? bandcamp ?

i guess as my granny used to say 'dont put all your eggs in one basket'..lol

best

om
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 11:46 AM
I would recommend Bandcamp...
free, easy, and no horrible advertising.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 12:01 PM
Quote:
You guys are scaring me. Over the years I am afraid that Soundcloud may be the only place some of my music still resides. I am going to have to do something about that.

I'm presuming that people don't expect Soundcloud to function like a backup repository forever storing their musical creations? Like, once uploaded to Soundcloud my song is stored securely, as in: "forever"? That'd be a little risky in my view...

Yep, good advice. Don't put all of your musical eggs in the one musical basket. cry
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Quote:

I'm presuming that people don't expect Soundcloud to function like a backup repository forever storing their musical creations? Like, once uploaded to Soundcloud my song is stored securely, as in: "forever"? That'd be a little risky in my view...

Yep, good advice. Don't put all of your musical eggs in the one musical basket. cry

Where is the "like" button?

That's what I'm thinking: don't y'all keep backups?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 01:28 PM
Just to be clear, I never planned for this to happen, it just did.We are talking decades... I likely do have the original masters from all recording sessions, but these are buried in historical backups and those files likely do not contain the final rendered mp3. cry

What I really need is a mix tape of all the songs I have every performed and recorded so at my funeral they can just pop in the tape. My wife and family will kill me when that time comes and they have no way to recover the work I have left behind. grin
Byron//ALL.

i'm backed up a zillion ways to sunday. off site.
various sites. but docs wont let me go to em' right now as my docs concerned re covid .

best

om
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 05:43 PM
Just wanted to let you all know, all soundcloud files have been downloaded and secured in a vault to be opened upon my passing with instruction to be played at my funeral.
But you want people to come to your funeral, don’t you? laugh

Just don’t rush - look at MarioD’s signature.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
But you want people to come to your funeral, don’t you? laugh

Finally, a captive audience. They may say I can't sing or play an instrument, but they can never say I didn't sing and play an instrument.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 06:57 PM
All I can say is that I hope it is a very, very long time before you need your music grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/02/22 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
All I can say is that I hope it is a very, very long time before you need your music grin

I agree.

Back on topic what happened to SoundCloud is exactly why I do not keep anything saved in the cloud. All it takes is one hacker to ruin everything or the cloud site gets greedy and wants money or more money. All of my backups are off-line and off my computer.
Have you considered using 'Reverbnation'? I haven't checked Sound Cloud to see if any of my songs are still posted, but I suspect they're probably gone.

Kajun Jeaux
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Anyone lost posted soundcloud songs ? - 09/03/22 03:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Kajun Jeaux
Have you considered using 'Reverbnation'? I haven't checked Sound Cloud to see if any of my songs are still posted, but I suspect they're probably gone.

Do check though. It is suspected that this was just a short-term glitch, and Sound Cloud files are still available. Mine are.
Thanks, AT. I just checked, and all my old songs from decades ago are still there. I also noticed some of my favorite PG musician's songs are still there as well. Several years ago I switched over to 'Reverbnation'for my newer songs.

Kajun Jeaux
-------------------
My Songs
https://www.reverbnation.com/artist/louisianasblackwaterstudio
© PG Music Forums