PG Music Home
Howdy, if I upload, for example, a 340 kb image via the "attachment method" and then try to insert it in a post I get an error message stating it exceeds the limit of 4.77 mb.

Alternatively if I use the "enter an image" function to link an image from the net I get the link contained with the image html but not the actual image on the post.

I've been using both of these methods for years. What has gone awry?

Yeah, I know this is not the tech forum but folks here do post images. smile

Thanks,

Bud

PS I've signed in and out, rebooted the Mac and skipped my net provider with a failed cellular attempt, blah blah blah ...
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If I upload, for example, a 340K image via the "attachment method" and then try to insert it in a post I get an error message stating it exceeds the limit of 4.77mb. Well, hardly.

Hi Bud,
I too have gotten "exceeds the limit" error messages before on my Windows machine.
But unlike your case, I've been able to clear it and proceed by a log-out/log-in cycle or by a reboot of my machine.

I took that to mean that the forum server got confused in thinking the file was too large to upload. Additionally, I think my mouse is slowly dying which causes me to click a command twice which may be also contributing to the problems I've had.

Hopefully someone else can provide more detailed info. for you.
Seems to work now......

Attached picture 79LTDpreview.jpg
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Seems to work now......

Same issue here continues. Perhaps it's something to do with PG Music and my browse - Safari.

Odd to have never had this issue before.

TBC,

Bud
I added a few screen shots to some responses I posted today, September, 11, 2022.

I haven't received any error messages while uploading images

I'm experiencing a different issue than you described Bud. My issue frequently occurs when I load multiple images to a post. The first screen shot will not display but is available for download while the second image displays in the post.
I can't definitely answer, but my experience is that if the attachment is too large it is added as a HTML link rather than inserted as an image/graphic etc.
I too am unable to insert an image anymore. I have tried in 2 browsers. I have reduced the image size to "tiny" at 21kb, but the forum file manager keeps telling me the size is more than 4 MB.

Very frustrating. Is there a solution?

Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted By: BackingTrack
I too am unable to insert an image anymore. I have tried in 2 browsers. I have reduced the image size to "tiny" at 21kb, but the forum file manager keeps telling me the size is more than 4 MB.

Very frustrating. Is there a solution?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not having any issues attaching a jpg of around 200kb:

Attached picture 2022-10-24_15-52-20.jpg
Can someone clarify some language on this thread?

I have never inserted an image into a post.

I HAVE inserted LINKS to an image many times. (Some of you might say too many times.)

Is there a way to directly embed an image that I don't know about? Because I really don't like having to upload to a cloud storage site, copy the link, etc...

Click on "Switch to full reply screen" and then on "File manager"

and then,
1 choose file,
2 add file,
3 done adding files.
When you reply, go to the "Full Reply Screen" and there is a link below the text window "File Manager". That allows a number of types of image file to be uploaded.
Never even noticed that was there.
Ahhhhh, I see the problem!!! When you embed an image, it does not show up in the preview. There is no indication that it is there UNTIL you post the message and THEN the picture is there. Wow, why doesn't it show in the preview? I thought I was going nuts! smile
Testing with chrome using "Enter an image" I am not sure why the guitar image did not show up, only the link.

[img:center]https://imgur.com/JiNQ2Yk[/img]

Billy

Both things worked for me.

Attached picture A Fair 1.jpg
Testing with foxfire.

[img:center][/img]

Both seem to work Bud. The older I get the more all this computer stuff irritates me. Works one day and not the next. I have the same issue that Jim described. I can not see the attachment until it is posted. When I just hit the "Preview Changes" tab, I can not see the attachment.

Attached picture Nanci.jpg
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Testing with foxfire.

.....The older I get the more all this computer stuff irritates me. Works one day and not the next. .......When I just hit the "Preview Changes" tab, I can not see the attachment.

The attachment never has shown up here in the preview tab.

The older I get the more all this computer stuff irritates me. Works one day and not the next. You not the only irritated one one my friend!
MarioD rocks...just sayin'.......
We all rock when we get his age...running for cover...lol

Billy
I just posted in the Real Band Forum and attached 3 png files using File Manager. I can see that there are 3 Files Attached, but I have to click on each before they display. Is that typical?

Scott
Originally Posted By: olemon
I just posted in the Real Band Forum and attached 3 png files using File Manager. I can see that there are 3 Files Attached, but I have to click on each before they display. Is that typical?

Scott

.PNG doesn't display by default. Convert to .JPG and it will display if it's not too large of file dimension-wise.
Oh. Well, all 3 were full screen captures, large. I just posted 4 more png's that are smaller in size and they do display.

Thanks for your help:)
Originally Posted By: olemon

Scott

The forum software will only display as an insert image up to a certain file size (I'm not sure what that limit is). For files larger than that limit it displays a link.
© PG Music Forums