PG Music Home
Looks like Notes and Joe may be in the path this time. I hope we don't get more high winds. I just finished the last of the roof repairs.

All our fall garden things are just starting to produce. This sucks.

Billy
Right now, it looks like the eye hit just north of us. But that could change any time. The Northeast part of the storm is usually the worst part, so if it doesn't drift south, I'll be happy.

It'll only be Category 1 so it shouldn't be too bad. I've dropped the storm awnings, made sure I have enough gas for the generator, picked up anything in the yard that could become airborne, packed the freezer with cold packs, and so on.

Since I'm 30' above sea level (the Florida Alps) I don't expect flooding, but I do have a lot of trees in my yard.

I'll lose two gig days, though.

I might lose power for a few days, if it goes down, we will be the last to get it restored. They go for the dense population centers first.

Of course, these storms are largely unpredictable, but I think for me, this one is going to be a major PITA.

Notes ♫
I hope everything goes well for you Bob. The last couple of years has been hard on everyone who plays music for a living. Stage setups get more complex and costly due to possible wind in normal conditions. Everything is becoming less predictable.

Billy
Well, you know how these things go, a little wobble, and we're dead center again. But that can change too.

Our Wednesday and Thursday gigs are outdoors, on the beach, under a big canvas roof which they will probably take down. No chance of gigging then.

We don't get paid, but they aren't making any money either.

But we're good, we've been doing 15-18 gigs all summer (WOW) and the tourist season is just starting.

All the prep is made, and there is nothing to do but wait it out and hope we don't lose electricity, because that just adds another PITA to the situation.

Notes ♫
Stay safe Notes and Billy and anybody else in the area. We went ahead and put up our shutters. Better safe than sorry. UP in Vero, we are expecting some of the worst winds being on the Northern eye wall, maybe. Still wobbling around so who knows?
How did we go from Ian to Nicole? What happened to J, K, L and M?
There were seven other storms, two or three were hurricanes. Some died in the Atlantic. Others came ashore in other countries like Mexico.

Hurricane Julia killed many people in the Caribbean.

Billy
I'm happy to say I put up the storm shutters, lowered the storm awnings, stored drinking water, picked up the yard, got gas for the generator, and so on, all for nothing. We got lucky here.

A few minor tree limbs are down, plenty of palm fronds and leaves scattered everywhere, and a big mess to clean up is the extent of it. Although it flashed off and on a few times, we didn't lose electricity.

I hope Joe got at least this lucky.

It's still a bit windy and rainy here, but nothing dangerous, so when it stops, I'll raise the awnings, and start the cleanup.

The biggest loss for us is two days of gigging in the open-air restaurant/bar on the beach.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫
WE lost power about 4:20 this morning but back on by 6:15. Did a quick walk around. Plenty of leaves and remnants of palm fronds but nothing serious. Will pull the shutters/panels down when the wind stops howling. Still getting some good gusts up around 30 mph! got lucky as well. Could have been worse. The beach is not fairing very well. Lots of erosion. One of our boardwalks was very compromised yesterday afternoon. Have not heard much about it since then though.
Glad to hear you guys are OK.
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
How did we go from Ian to Nicole? What happened to J, K, L and M?

There were a few that just blew out to sea, hit Mexico, or the Caribbean and then moved north. did some serious stuff in the islands but luckily missed the US. This is a very rare November landfall. Luckily it formed so close and didn't have time to gain any more strength.
We got lucky. The storm moved a little more north so we have not had any real damage. Not much rain here in Sebring.

Nothing much at the ranch but more rain which is a good thing. At least the cows got a day or so of relief from the insects which have been really bad. We moved all the cows to high ground to keep the newborn safe.

There is a very large tomato farm next to the ranch. It looks like they did not have much damage. The zucchini I planted which has very large leaves got beat up a bit but I think it will survive.

These storms are changing and becoming bigger. The wind field in this storm was almost 500 miles wide. This is the latest November storm to ever hit the east coast of Florida.

The climate is changing. A few things are better but many things are not good at all.

Good to see Bob and Joe got through OK.

Billy
I'm glad all of you guys weathered the storm without much damage.

That storm is supposed to bring us some pretty heavy rains which we desperately need. It's barely rained at all in the last 2-3 months and the woods are extremely dry.

We have forest fires popping up all over the state so hopefully that storm will keep on trucking our way.

Stay safe.
You guys could have kept that rain down there. It rained literally all day here. Though we didn't have the 150 mph winds, so there's that...
I'm happy to say that it did rain a good soaking rain all day. That will definitely help out with the forest fires.

Hopefully there will be little bit make it down to help out with the flow of the Mississippi since it's at historic lows.
© PG Music Forums