PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt Finley About my new computer and BIAB - 11/12/22 03:45 PM
For the first time since 1983, I did not build my own computer. The new one has Windows 11, 32 Gig RAM, and two M.2 Samsung SSD drives. What a dream. I bought the i9 Intel CPU specifically for processing speed without over clocking, rather than more cores (it has 10 anyway). The graphics is in the CPU. So, a gaming machine it isn’t, but for BIAB it flies. The program is on its own SSD and the RealTracks for the first time have their own SSD.

It still takes a while to regenerate tracks. I learned that will never be instant, but I remember back in 2009 when you would regenerate a song and go make a sandwich while the operation completed.

The new speed didn’t hit home until today when I regenerated the same song on my backup machine, a seven year-old i5. SLOW! Still acceptable, but now I appreciate the new computer more.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/12/22 03:56 PM
What brand and model did you purchase? Did you purchase online or from a local retailer?

I got the computer of my dreams two years ago. It is an off-the-shelf Dell Inspirion tower. My only complaint is the primary M2 drive stick is 256GB.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/12/22 05:24 PM
I had parts assembled to my specs. I didn't have the knowledge about CPU cooling and M.2 drives and wiring up the new cases and motherboards to feel confident doing it myself. My M.2 drives are each 2 TB, and I have a few other SSD drives in the case that I brought over from the old machine to facilitate loading data and programs.

As long as you don't put much more than Windows on the boot M.2 drive, 256 should be OK. I assume you install most programs elsewhere if they allow it.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/12/22 05:43 PM
Any idea how relevant this is for 2023?

10. What are the recommended system requirements for Band-in-a-Box?
Band-in-a-Box runs on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit) and require at least a 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended). Basic MIDI features require a less powerful computer than the latest RealTracks features. For best performance, we recommend a fairly up-to-date computer with Windows 7 or higher, a fast processor, and at least 2GB RAM. Without RealDrums or RealTracks, you need a minimum of about 1GB of free hard disk space (15GB recommended). More hard disk space is required for the RealTracks and RealDrums, roughly 100-400MB per Set. A full install of the PRO version (including RealTracks/Drums) requires about 15 GB. A full install of the MEGAPAK version requires about 25 GB. The UltraPAK is about 120 GB total, and you have the option of either downloading, or shipping "pre-installed" on a USB hard drive. You can run the program directly from the hard drive or install on your computer.

A MIDI sound source is required. This could be a sound card, a MIDI keyboard, MIDI sound module, or software synthesizer. We include a software synthesizer with Band-in-a-Box.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/12/22 11:54 PM
In my opinion, this is now a description of the very minimum needed to run BIAB. But that’s good news: BIAB runs on a very modest machine. It then just becomes a question of how much faster you want it to be.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
In my opinion, this is now a description of the very minimum needed to run BIAB. But that’s good news: BIAB runs on a very modest machine. It then just becomes a question of how much faster you want it to be.

Yep, I suspected that to be the case.

Maybe PG Music should provide 2 detailed paragraphs of answers to the system requirements question to particularly help new users.
One that deals with the minimum, which is probably already posted and a second which addresses the recommended requirements with some pad for future growth.

I have a modest machine, an i5 core and only 12GB RAM. And it is good news that BiaB needs a relatively small footprint to run. My machine regenerates and handles BiaB just fine and that is with several Office applications, Studio One and other programs running at the same time. I know I'll need an upgrade at some point but I usually wait until I have at least 2 compelling reasons to do so.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 02:01 PM
PG Music actually had that same thought. They have in the past published, then changed, the minimum requirement. It's always a moving target though, and there are a few other things on the website and in the documentation that could stand revision.

My point about recommended requirements is that this is very hard to determine. You have an i5. So do I. Mine is seven years old. With so many variations, it's possible to buy an i5 today that blows the doors off the i7 I've been using for production. PG Music for a while were using a minimum single-core score in a standardized free utility, Geekbench, to give a good idea, but even then, it was a rough guess: anything over 2000 for example.

And as I said, if BIAB can run on a system, the only thing you gain by buying a better system is that it runs faster. How fast is that? What's your threshold for patience? It's totally dependent upon CPU first, and storage drive second. Graphics is not even a factor. RAM is a problem only when you choose to run other programs at the same time, which I do not recommend when processing digital audio, ever. And, believe it or not, the audiophile version runs slightly faster.

Does that help?
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 02:41 PM
Matt.

congrats on your new pc.

i'm stoked so far with my new pc too,cos i went from rb reporting 155 traks on old i5 refurb to 255 traks on the new pc. bb and rb running great.
twas a b'day present from my wife.

i'm really impressed by the ryzen and m.2 ssd tech.

the price i paid made it not worth my while building my own new system.

out of curiosity in rb performance test what no of traks does your i9 report ?
of course i dont use crazy trak counts, but it means i can use more resource intensive plug ins now.

happiness.

om
Posted By: DrDan Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 02:43 PM
Matt, I am actually excited for you and envious. I'm sure that new beast will serve you well. grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 03:36 PM
Thanks, everyone. I didn’t mean to brag, just to make the point it’s fun to have BIAB run so fast! I will try to remember that, when given great power, one also has great responsibility.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 03:53 PM
Bass Thumper,

There's two important information specification groups you cited. First there are the minimum operating system (OS) and hardware program run requirements. Second is the storage space required for the Pro, Mega and Ultra packages.

I do not remember anyone ever remarking or complaining about the minimum program run requirements. The fact is the minimum requirements are so low the program seems to be able to run on any operable computer using Windows. As with anything computer related, the faster the hardware the faster the program will run.

However package storage space, especially for the Ultra PAK, seems to be a constant concern that generates many questions within the forum. The questions are posted by both newcomers and long time users.

Because there are so many questions, I've posted a +++ wishlist request +++ for a utility program that automates the process of moving Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and their associated content from primary to secondary storage drives.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 04:56 PM
Jim,
I read your wishlist post and I guess such a utility would be useful. But I'm a little confused on something. If a user is getting low on available space on the drive where BiaB is installed and he wants to upgrade to a bigger BiaB package and he has a larger drive available, why can't he uninstall his current version of BiaB and then pay for and install the bigger package to his larger drive?

Indeed, even if he doesn't want to upgrade to a bigger version but simply wants to move his existing version to another drive couldn't he just uninstall and then re-install?

Wouldn't PG Music help that user if he needed help to do this?

This is [almost] my situation right now. I have the bare-bones version installed on my C: drive which is filling up fast. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2023 version with the Ultra Pak and install it on my E: drive which has almost a TB of free space. My thinking would be to uninstall BiaB 2022 and then install BiaB 2023 + Ulra Pak on E:. I'm assuming that when build-fixes come along in 2023 that the installer would be smart enough to know to install the fix on E:.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 07:07 PM
Steve, there are so many possibilities.

You don't have to uninstall BIAB, and in fact, I would leave the program where it is on your C drive, and just move the RealTracks and RealDrums. MOVE = Copy, test, then delete. To make this work, you have to go into Preferences, RealTracks and specify the Custom location. Same for RealDrums, although that folder is far smaller.

Since I have the audiophile version of BIAB, the RealTracks and RealDrums require almost 2 TB of space! It's been over a decade since I used the BIAB installers for these large files. I move them around as I need to when hardware changes, but then again, I used to teach computer science and I'm quite comfortable doing that. Jim wants to help those who ask questions here and can easily get lost, and I think that's a good idea.

And yes, you can always get good help from PG Music Support.

As far as the BIAB installers, the first time you run one, you must specify drive locations for the location of the main BIAB program and of the RealTracks / RealDrums (which may be different), but after that, the installers remember your preferences. You can accept them the next time or override them with new choices.

Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 07:42 PM

You don't have to uninstall BIAB, and in fact, I would leave the program where it is on your C drive, and just move the RealTracks and RealDrums. MOVE = Copy, test, then delete. To make this work, you have to go into Preferences, RealTracks and specify the Custom location. Same for RealDrums, although that folder is far smaller.

Hmmm, so there's no penalty in speed or performance if the program is on one drive and the RealTracks/RealDrums are on another?

I would have thought that you'd want to minimize disk jumping/thrashing or is everything needed dumped into memory?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 07:46 PM
In fact the opposite is true. It's good to split up the program and its data.

In a perfect world, the operating system would be on its own drive, all programs would be on a different drive, and the data used by programs on a third drive. Not only would that maximize efficiency (a little, admittedly) but it would make it easier to back up the data.

Also, we're pretty close to being rid of hard drive thrashing (when you run out of free space on the drive) and hard drive jumping (assuming you mean the movement of the hard drive read/write head in and out and to other platters). All these problems are improved by using SSDs. The only related problem that remains is you must keep around 20% free space on an SSD.

Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 09:14 PM
When you say "data" I understand you mean user-created files; in this case the BiaB ***.SGU file or in Excel ***.XLS files.

Years ago back in the VAX-11/780 superminicomputer days, an IT guy suggested that we all place our user-created files in subdirectories under a master folder called "Data" ideally on it's own separate drive. Then it's a snap to backup all these files by simply dragging that folder to an external backup drive (today a thumb drive). I've maintained that approach to the present. [As a side note, I don't compress these files. Years ago I did compress them using some kind of "Zip software" but when it came time to uncompress and retrieve them the Zip software failed and my files were lost.]

But back to BiaB, I consider the RealTracks and RealDrums a part of the software and therefore not needing to be backed up. So they are not part of my backup path. So are you saying that it's still better to have the RealTracks/RealDrums on a separate drive along with my user-created files?

Prior to the climate-controlled VAX days we were on the UNIVAC 1100 Mainframe where CPU time was prioritized and highly controlled (remember that one?). The systems people dealt with all backups on that useful monster.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 09:58 PM
BIAB is an unusual case. Your songs and user-created styles are data and must be backed up. RealTracks and RealDrums come on the supplied hard drive or download, so those do not need to be backed up. But in the context of what is a program and what is data, and where they should optimally be, I would call RealTracks and RealDrums data. I think, with no proof whatever, that separating the program from the RealTracks and RealDrums would perform slightly better.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/13/22 10:03 PM
OK, thanks for your insights and enjoy your new machine. Snappy new hardware is always fun.
Posted By: musiclover Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 06:00 AM
Congrats Matt on your new PC and enjoy,

Maybe a picture of the Beauty if you have the time.

smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 11:06 AM
Thanks, but it’s the throwback black box. No lights (and no sound!). Nothing to see here….
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 11:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
As a side note, I don't compress these files. Years ago I did compress them using some kind of "Zip software" but when it came time to uncompress and retrieve them the Zip software failed and my files were lost.

A lot of us users of a certain age go back to a time when buying new storage media required a mortgage, so we looked for ways to save space. I remember thinking my system was hot because I added a second 40 MEG hard drive. MEGABYTE! And saying "What am I going to do with all this space? I'll NEVER fill this drive up!"

Remember partitioning drives because adding a second drive was expensive? What a difference 30 years makes. My smallest desktop now has 3 drives in it. Once has 4. And I would venture a guess that most people here can say the same bedcause this user base overall has a higher geek level than most.

Great example for me is the computer in the bedroom that is connected to my TV in there. It mainly holds movies and concert videos. About a year ago I decided to change D and E to 1T solid state drives. Took about an hour per drive to copy from spinning drive to SSD, and now that system runs like buttah!

Matt, you gotta be in nerd heaven with that new system.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 11:18 AM
Yeah, since I started building computers in 1983, I’m very pleased. I’ve been though what you describe.

But I didn’t spend a fortune on the new machine, only a small one, since I did not buy a screaming cutting-edge CPU and this has no graphics card at all.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 12:01 PM
But I didn’t spend a fortune on the new machine, only a small one, since I did not buy a screaming cutting-edge CPU and this has no graphics card at all.

Perfect example of "horses for courses". Gamers, accountants, musicians, graphic designers... all have different computer needs. My video card was fine when I had 2 monitors. Now with 3, it is underpowered, but man, it is so hard to find a video card with 4 HDMI ports to fit this PCIe slot and (and this is the important part) doesn't cost more than the computer.

What we do is not that intensive, and I continue to laugh at the comments complaining about speed. What is so urgent in your golden years of retirement that you can't wait 45 seconds for something to happen on your computer? MCA and Columbia want your latest release so soon that 45 seconds is an issue? Hilarious.

I have just come to accept that people in general will always look for something to complain about. Like me complaining about my video card...
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

A lot of us users of a certain age go back to a time when buying new storage media required a mortgage, . . .

Oh yeah, I remember 3.5" and 5.25" floppy disks. And believe it or not as a college freshman I learned FORTRAN on punch cards. And get this . . . I still have the slide rule I used in High School Chemistry class. The teacher had a gigantic 6 foot long Pickett slide rule hanging from the ceiling as a teaching device.

The Gen Z kid says "Slide rule? Is that related to the trombone?" smile

The one thing I never used but now whish I had is the hand-crank mechanical calculator. I understand that was quite an invention.
Posted By: musiclover Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 12:40 PM
Thanks, but it’s the throwback black box. No lights (and no sound!). Nothing to see here….

Yep would want no flashy lights either if going for a new tower, just want it to sit unnoticed in corner, so many PC's now have the flashy display, just puts me off them.

This is the case in my aging 12year old pc, I do like the soundproofing foam inside.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-sileo-black-mid-tower-case-with-built-in-sound-proofing-with-cooler-master-500w-psu

Since it has an SSD and a few drives I'll just keep on using it until something serious goes wrong.
Posted By: MarioD Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 01:33 PM

What we do is not that intensive, and I continue to laugh at the comments complaining about speed. ...............

LOL

I hear you Eddie. I remember waiting 20 minutes for a program to load via tape! Sometimes I would get a failure at the 19 minute mark and had to start over. I do not miss those tape days nor do I complain about waiting a few seconds for a program to load or do a chore. YMMV
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 02:47 PM
Hmmm ... I've just checked my little Raspberry Pi 4B and it's way, Way, more powerful than my first PC and has 26G of storage.

My own first home PC was a 40MHz AMD SX386 with 1MB RAM, 5.25 floppies and a 10M hard drive. I'd already used computers at college and at work for a decade or so, but that was the first time I reckoned I could just about afford something worth having.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 03:36 PM
My first personal computer was the first by Radio Shack. I am one of the few people you will ever know who SOLD computers to IBM, because this was years before the IBM PC came out.

That Radio Shack computer had 4K RAM (not M, and not T) and a cassette tape (not disk) for storage.

But even that computer was better than my first mainframe experience, where you handed in a deck of punched cards on a Thursday and they told you to come back Tuesday. When you did, a single missing semicolon had aborted the run, so there goes another week. Yes, I have patience, but I learned from those days to make few mistakes and make each try count.
Posted By: etcjoe Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 05:37 PM
My first personal computer was the first by Radio Shack. I am one of the few people you will ever know who SOLD computers to IBM, because this was years before the IBM PC came out.

That Radio Shack computer had 4K RAM (not M, and not T) and a cassette tape (not disk) for storage.

But even that computer was better than my first mainframe experience, where you handed in a deck of punched cards on a Thursday and they told you to come back Tuesday. When you did, a single missing semicolon had aborted the run, so there goes another week. Yes, I have patience, but I learned from those days to make few mistakes and make each try count.

Ah, yes the TRS-80 or trash 80 we used to call it. I later had the Tandy TL-1000x, 16 bit processor running on an 8 bit bus! with 20MB hard disk. Then I started building my own when gaming was getting more demanding.

The gamers love the lights and bells and whistles. Not sure why the lighting is so important to so many of them.

Eddie, the graphics cards prices have come down significantly now since the mining for digital currency has cooled. Now that Nvidia has released their RTX-40 series you can get some pretty powerful cards in their earlier editions for a pretty good price, even less than the price of the computer!!! LOL!!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 07:16 PM
I had a Texas Instruments TI 99-4/A. It was a horrible base computer but if you bought the "Breadbox" expansion unit it got better. You could add 32K more RAM and whatever other cards it used. Programs came on ROM cartridges that slid into it, and the fatal flaw was that after a while that card receptor slot became worn and the carts were not able to seat tightly. As anything with friction/tension based connections will.

That expansion box was something else. It connected with a big flat cable about 4 inches wide terminating into a 3/4" thick connector. It ran some proprietary version of BASIC, with a cart for Extended BASIC. It was truly awful.

I had the idea that if I bought a disc controller card and decided that if I could get the terminating resistors right I would have the only TI around with hard drives. It took me 4 cards, at $139 each, before I got it right but I finally got it to work, and I ended up with 2 720k DSDD 5 1/2" drives in it. I was the envy of the local TI user group. until another guy named Jim managed to code a BBS, which I got a copy of and ran. Pretty slick stuff for 1989!!

Attached picture box_front.jpg
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 08:08 PM
But even that computer was better than my first mainframe experience, where you handed in a deck of punched cards on a Thursday and they told you to come back Tuesday. When you did, a single missing semicolon had aborted the run, so there goes another week.

At college we used to send paper tape to the main campus in another town to load and run, so had a similar delay. My first batch of programs all came back because I'd set all variables to something and apparently the compiler wanted zero to be either +0 or -0. Just plain old zero was verboten. Sigh. Valuable lesson, though.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 08:29 PM
That brings back memories. My first computer experience was a connection from my high school near Boston to Dartmouth College, about 100 miles away.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 10:08 PM
I'd used computers at work during the 80's so that was my first contact with computers. I got my first PC in about 1997. I built my first computer in 1998.

My son was 7 and he asked me if he could help build it. I said "of course" and I explained each and every part and what it did. I put in each part and started the screws for him. He tightened them down as best could and I cinched them down.

By the time he was 10 he was building his own computers, installing the OS, downloading and installing updated drivers, etc.

He hasn't came out of his bedroom since! ................ wink

I've been gladly taking his hand me downs for the last 10 years or so on PC's because he builds high end gaming systems with far more power than I need. He just builds for himself and his friends.

Fortunately I was able to pull him away from the PC long enough to get him 6 yrs of piano lessons and 5-6 years of guitar lessons. He was my backup guitarist for a couple of years on the flatpicking contest circuit when he was in his early teens.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/14/22 10:33 PM
This thread really takes me back. Back in "the day" we had a VAX/UNIX system here at Case Western Reserve University known as the Cleveland Free Net. They used to have 40 minute time limits so the connection would drop after 40 minutes and you had to dial back in. There was a chat system and you'd be right in the middle of a chat and your time would end and you had to dial back in again. However, if you created a group and was the moderator of that group you got a different level of logon and you had unlimited time. I created the Synthesizer and MIDI User Group (SMUG) and got the elevated logon.

With that Unix based system, you could use Telnet and I used to Telnet into computers at colleges all over the world. From there you can use commands like grep and who and look through databases for users. I did that once and queried my last name and got hundreds of hits. I saved those email addresses to a text file, wrote a letter introducing myself and sent it to every one of those people. Oddly I was not related to even one of those people as my last name is an extremely common Slovenian name. I did make contact with a guy at a college in then Yugoslavia who was raised in Ljubljana where my ancestors came from. He told me that the name is so common I'd have to know the 2 block area where my relatives lived.

I miss stuff like that from older days. I DON'T miss that paper tape you mentioned, or COBOL and FORTRAN card programming, or tape drives in general. At one of the jobs I worked, if you worked 3rd shift your first job at 11pm was loading backup tapes. There were 3 different recording systems, they all ran different form factor tapes, and they didn't all run every day, so there was this system of sleeved pages noted Sun thru Sat on a hanging bander with exact language of what got backed up that day and what didn't. Crazy. Now that kind of stuff is thankfully all automated and scheduled.

With maturity of hardware came a certain simplicity, and Matt went back to basics with undated hardware.

And now you make me want to do the same, as I like the concept of dedicated computers.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 06:38 AM
Eddie, I was a member of the Youngstown Freenet.

Those were great times!

...Deb
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 07:21 AM
With maturity of hardware came a certain simplicity, and Matt went back to basics with undated hardware.

One of my favourite simplicities (though setting it up is a bit of a faff) is my BackupPC server. It sits in a brick built outbuilding beyond a real firewall from the house and in the early hours of every morning it backs up my fileserver to a plenty large enough hard drive. No tapes or other removable media to remember, organise, store, restore, keep safe, etc. Just a simple web access to the various backups over many months and a checkbox and confirm to restore.

Luxury smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 10:27 AM
Gordon, could you lose all your data in the event of a direct lightning strike?
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 12:25 PM
This is my first computer. For the Gen Z's this is not a musical instrument, is not connected to the internet, doesn't use batteries and doesn't even need electricity. Don't laugh, this brilliant device invented around 1620 and known in the US as a "slipstick" put men on the moon and brought them back alive.

For scale, the round object is called a dime; US currency, that could be used to buy 10 pieces of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. It could also be used in a pay phone . . . what's a pay phone? That's another discussion smile

Attached File
Slide Rule.jpg  (8 downloads)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 12:53 PM
I still have my slide rule as well.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 03:23 PM
I still have my slide rule as well.

Same here ... which shows how reliable they are.
As a sailor, I also recognise that they don't mind salt water.
Posted By: sslechta Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 04:47 PM
Not quite as old as you guys but I do still have my 1985 Radio Shack/Casio Scientific Calculator and it still works.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 11/15/22 05:33 PM
Here is a brief summary. The dude in the white shirt may even be sporting a pocket protector . . . ahhhh, those were the days cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxV9n4Ohab0

Now someone please tell me where I parked my 1963 Chevy Impala! I need to change its points today.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 01/08/23 04:37 PM
How is your dream computer working out? Are there any capabilities that you wish you had included for music production?

Out of curiosity, does it have a built-in digital interface? Or is it externally connected via USB?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: About my new computer and BIAB - 01/08/23 05:34 PM
It's great, thanks. Nothing more I need or even want at the moment.

My interface is the Presonus Studio 192, a rack mount USB unit. The only other thing not in my signature that is related is the Grace Design m900 headphone amp, which can be set to provide true listening crossfade with my Beyerdynamic 770 headphones.
© PG Music Forums