PG Music Home
Posted By: Bass Thumper Drum Playing Robot - 12/09/22 12:16 PM
Although I can appreciate the engineering hurdles that were overcome, I'm not sure what to make of this or where this technology is headed. Nonetheless I got a good chuckle out of this stiff humaniod trying to be Ringo. Note that it takes a MIDI file as input which makes sense.

Be sure to watch the video.

To Data on Star Trek . . . you got nothin to worry about here buddy wink

https://spectrum.ieee.org/xiaomi-robot-drummer
Posted By: MikeK Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/12/22 09:37 PM
Interesting, but that robot would be screwed if the BPM go to a high rate...
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/13/22 01:07 PM
Well, he has my old human drummer beat, at least he didn't get drunk and fall off the stool....LOL

Kajun Jeaux
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/13/22 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Kajun Jeaux
Well, he has my old human drummer beat, at least he didn't get drunk and fall off the stool....LOL
Kajun Jeaux

Absolutely, he'll also never complain about the play list.

What really cracks me up about this is I couldn't concieve of a more rigid, stiff and lifeless mechanical bot even if I tried. I think my lawnmower has more fluidity than that thing, hillariouas smile

Come on engineers, at least pretend to give this thing a little life!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/14/22 09:50 PM
What was cool about this is that it led me to "Cyborg Drumming Arm Makes Amputee Into Superhuman Musician". That I thought was really cool.

As I get older and lose some of my physical abilities, playing guitar, for example, I think about designing mechanical/electronic devices to help out.

We should not have to put up with declining physical abilities in this age of robotic technology.

Where is my brain implant so I can remember stuff...lol

Billy
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/14/22 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

We should not have to put up with declining physical abilities in this age of robotic technology.

How 'bout this for robot technology?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Drum Playing Robot - 12/14/22 10:24 PM
I would SO have one of these to put on stage!
© PG Music Forums