PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Unfailing Love - 02/01/23 04:38 PM
One of my co-writers is Irish lyricist Buddy Sutton...Buddy has a way of turning the scripture into poetry...this is an excerpt from Psalm 31 that Buddy faithfully captured in the lyric of this song...it is always an honor when he asks me to set to music his beautiful lyrics (though Buddy would say that the psalmist had a lot to do with it)...so...if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

Unfailing Love
https://soundclick.com/r/s3qgio

Key=E , Tempo 93, Length (m:s)=4:43

Style is _FOLKRKG.STY (Folk-Pop 12 String w/ Electric G)

RealTracks in style: ~701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~896:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 798:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SouthernSnappyClean Ev 090 (A:quarters)
RealTracks in song: ~~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealDrums in style:NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I added: Vocals, mandolin, strings, boys choir and acoustic guitar with my Yamaha Genos

Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Unfailing Love - 02/01/23 05:06 PM
Christian lyrics are generally not for me, but this is really a beautiful song.

The best part (as always) is your vocal performance, you have a great voice.
And the arrangement and production are great too.
Well done!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Unfailing Love - 02/01/23 06:20 PM
Dan, as usual this is an outstanding Christian song.
Super collaboration, maybe between all three of you wink
Loved the song, the vocal, mix, and especially the message.
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Unfailing Love - 02/01/23 07:33 PM
You never fail to amaze Dan. This is really a good song, and I love the production. Professional all the way. The way this song builds is a model of perfection. I loved the guitar into, the strings, drums and bass etc. You did a great job of bringing them in slowly as the song built and created such a full sound. I also liked the way you chose to end the song - that sounded really good and I didn't expect that type of ending. It did, however provide what I think is my only nit in any of your projects. At the very end of the song, right at about 4:37, I think something got cut late. It sounds like someone "sniffs" or takes a breath. It's not very prominent and you have to listen closely to hear it, but that's a problem with making such good music, you've always got me listening closely! I love listening to your stuff man.

Brad
Posted By: firesong Re: Unfailing Love - 02/02/23 01:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
At the very end of the song, right at about 4:37, I think something got cut late. It sounds like someone "sniffs" or takes a breath. It's not very prominent and you have to listen closely to hear it, but that's a problem with making such good music, you've always got me listening closely! I love listening to your stuff man.

Brad

Hey Brad...thanks for the heads up...you're right there's a glitch at the very end...sounds like a "sniff"...I think I fixed it and while I was there I shortened the ending by a measure...that's better...thanks for paying attention...Dan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Unfailing Love - 02/02/23 06:19 AM
Beautiful song, Dan!

Top notch production, you really know how to build a song, and man, that vocal!

Really well done, enjoyed!
Posted By: firesong Re: Unfailing Love - 02/03/23 12:47 PM
Brian, Mario, Brad and Dave...thank you for kind and encouraging words concerning "Unfailing Love"...I'll let Buddy know you enjoyed it...Dan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Unfailing Love - 02/03/23 03:33 PM
Dan and Buddy,

Beautiful song
Beautiful vocals
Pro sounding production, arrangement, and mix

...as always

Fj
Posted By: firesong Re: Unfailing Love - 02/05/23 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dan and Buddy,

Beautiful song
Beautiful vocals
Pro sounding production, arrangement, and mix

...as always

Fj

Thanks Floyd for your comments...I appreciate them...Dan
Posted By: vicarn Re: Unfailing Love - 02/06/23 06:34 AM
Dan, you are master of this style.
Vocal, arrangement, and melody are pro sounding.

Vic
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Unfailing Love - 02/06/23 11:33 AM
Well, that's odd. I was here before and even commented, but probably left before pushing Submit. I came back for another listen, and possibly add to my previous comment. Enough about me, huh? Buddy and Dan, this is such a good song. Dan, you are so consistent with writing and producing such wonderfully warm sounds. Lyrics: uplifting and inspirational. Melody: engaging. I like the way you build a song with dynamics and often modulation. Thanks for sharing your talents here, Dan & Buddy.
Posted By: firesong Re: Unfailing Love - 02/06/23 01:17 PM
Vic and Marty...I truly appreciate your thoughts and comments...it is humbling to be respected as a writer/composer by people whom you hold as talented artists and fellow writers...thanks...Dan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Unfailing Love - 02/06/23 11:47 PM
Awesome mix Dan. Wow. Very cool vocal and lyric. Well done
Posted By: firesong Re: Unfailing Love - 02/08/23 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Awesome mix Dan. Wow. Very cool vocal and lyric. Well done

Thanks Scott...I appreciate your comments...Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Unfailing Love - 02/12/23 12:27 PM
Dan, you and Buddy make a good team.

The song is lovely with an excellent arrangement, mix and your always passionate vocals.

Well done!

J&B
© PG Music Forums