PG Music Home
All The Time In The World

Not much to say other than it's a boy meets girl song.

Leon - Lyric and vocal
Janice Merritt - Backing vocals
I played guitar.

The Band:
RealTracks in style: 1417:Bass, Electric, RootsRock Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 2764:Organ, Rhythm CountryBluesRockMike Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2634:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBluesRock Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 3538:Vocals, BackgroundSoloist GospelCoolSoulful Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: ~~1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~703:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited Ev 085
RealDrums in Song:NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open

All The Time In The World

I was drunk when I first met her
Ran my finger up and down her spine
She laughed and said that feels real nice
Both of us just seventeen and feeling fine

Feeling like we had all the time in the world
Waiting for the story of our lives to unfurl
Boy meets girl, what could possibly go wrong?
What could possibly go wrong?

I used to think that I knew it all
I was as green as the grass after the rain
She had faith in me, that was her mistake
Wish I could slip through time and play those scenes again

I kissed her salty tears when we said goodbye
Held her tight until she cried herself to sleep
I never thought she’d want to risk it all
We were so young to be getting in so deep

A pretty song from you all.
I liked the almost George Harrison type riff on the guitar.

Well done

Vic
Loved the pinch harmonic parts of the embellishing guitar.
Lovely song, well built and Leo does a fine job.
Janice's bvox are wonderful.
Top shelf.
Great song!
Super backing tracks.
Great vocals and mix.
All three of you should be very proud of this one.
Very cool groove to this song. Loved the intro. Guitar tone and melody perfect for the song Peter. Well played. Awesome vocals Leon and Janice. Awesome production as well.
Originally Posted By: vicarn

Well done

Vic

Thanks Vic

Peter
Nice story, great production and even better collab.
This brought back memories.
Originally Posted By: vicarn

Well done

Vic

Thank you Vic!

Janice
I, too, hear the George Harrison influence in the guitar. Excellent guitar parts. I could listen to them over and over.

Love the retro sound---I wish it wasn't retro though and still the sound of today. Love the tune. Good vocal and harmony!
Peter & Co,

Neat romantic tune. Excellent guitar work, especially double on solo. Easy going lyrics & good vocals from Leon and Janice! Crisp mix. Good listen. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Originally Posted By: rayc
Loved the pinch harmonic parts of the embellishing guitar.
Lovely song, well built and Leo does a fine job.
Janice's bvox are wonderful.
Top shelf.

Thanks Ray

Peter
Nicely done you three!

Good write and vocal, Leon. Excellent playing throughout, Peter, loved the outro solo with the double lead especially. Wish it was longer though!

And of course Janice sounds fabulous as always wink

Enjoyed!
Brings back memories smile

Great work by all involved, and of course I dig the vocal harmonies.
I probably would have added a slow and sad bridge somewhere, but it's not really needed.
The title of the song reminds me of the Louis Armstrong song in a certain James Bond movie. That story didn't end well, but your song doesn't tell what went wrong and that's the very beauty of it, "what could possibly go wrong?" is a very successful line in an ironic way. I really enjoyed the sweet romantic mood.

A nice melody and sweet chording are the ingredients for an ideal pop song. Great band, Peter's guitar sound is very nostalgic and the organ supports perfectly. Excellent vocals, Leon and Janice are really sparkling.

Janne
Peter, Leon and Janice—

Another excellent collaboration capturing a welcome 60’s sound. Really like the harmonies and the guitar licks throughout . . . pretty stuff! Nice write with some stellar lines. Well done!

All my best to you all,

Deej
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great song!
Super backing tracks.
Great vocals and mix.

Thanks a lot Mario

Peter
What could possibly go wrong? Loaded. Man, talk about relatable... Good song, Peter, and excellent choice of bandmates. Leon, perfectly done, and Janice... well, ain't nuthin' could go wrong when she's in the mix. Love that outro. Your guitar shines as bright as ever, Peter. Much enjoyed.

Wow,

Great sounding song!

So catchy! Excellent lyrics and a very retro sound, but in a great way.

smile
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great song!
Super backing tracks.
Great vocals and mix.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool groove to this song. Loved the intro. Guitar tone and melody perfect for the song Peter. Well played. Awesome vocals Leon and Janice. Awesome production as well.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I, too, hear the George Harrison influence in the guitar. Excellent guitar parts. I could listen to them over and over.

Love the retro sound---I wish it wasn't retro though and still the sound of today. Love the tune. Good vocal and harmony!

Thanks y’all for mentioning my small part in this song!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Nice story, great production and even better collab.
This brought back memories.

Appreciate that.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Scott C

Thanks Scott

Peter
Good song. Good mix. And great performances all around.

Y'all are producing a lot of good music. Keep on keepin' on!
Peter & Leon,

A sweet coming-of-age-write.
Well sung.
Janice's harmonies are perfect.
Good BAND - nice production.
Good guitar work.
Well mixed.

fj
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm

Thanks Scott

Peter
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Peter & Co,

Neat romantic tune. Excellent guitar work, especially double on solo. Easy going lyrics & good vocals from Leon and Janice! Crisp mix. Good listen. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Appreciate that Misha

Peter
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nicely done you three!

Good write and vocal, Leon. Excellent playing throughout, Peter, loved the outro solo with the double lead especially. Wish it was longer though!

Enjoyed!

Dave

Thanks - (pretty sure there is a longer version somewhere in the vaults).

Peter
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Peter & Co,

Misha.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nicely done you three!

Enjoyed!

Thanks y’all!

Janice
Good song gang. Nice write, well sung with a neat retro feel. Great guitar work, and the best BGV voice on the forum. All came out well!
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Brings back memories smile

Great work by all involved, and of course I dig the vocal harmonies.
I probably would have added a slow and sad bridge somewhere, but it's not really needed.

Thanks

Peter
Peter, Leon & Janice,

Love this... What a sweet song. You sound great together. Production and instrumentation is of the highest quality.

So good!

Bob
I liked the lyrics and vocal as well as the background vocal. The guitar fills and solos are well played and the twin leads in the outro are especially nice. Good arrangement and mix. Enjoyed,Tom
Originally Posted By: jannesan
The title of the song reminds me of the Louis Armstrong song in a certain James Bond movie. That story didn't end well, but your song doesn't tell what went wrong and that's the very beauty of it, "what could possibly go wrong?" is a very successful line in an ironic way. I really enjoyed the sweet romantic mood.

A nice melody and sweet chording are the ingredients for an ideal pop song. Great band, Peter's guitar sound is very nostalgic and the organ supports perfectly. Excellent vocals, Leon and Janice are really sparkling.

Janne

Thank you!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Peter, Leon and Janice—

Another excellent collaboration capturing a welcome 60’s sound. Really like the harmonies and the guitar licks throughout . . . pretty stuff! Nice write with some stellar lines. Well done!

All my best to you all,

Deej

Thanks for mentioning my small role in a big production!

Janice
Originally Posted By: jannesan

Janne

Thanks Janne appreciate the nice review.

Peter
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Peter, Leon and Janice—

All my best to you all,

Deej

Appreciate that Deej.

Peter
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
What could possibly go wrong? Loaded. Man, talk about relatable... Good song, Peter, and excellent choice of bandmates. Leon, perfectly done, and Janice... well, ain't nuthin' could go wrong when she's in the mix. Love that outro. Your guitar shines as bright as ever, Peter. Much enjoyed.

Thanks Marty

Peter
Peter,Leon & Janice,

An excellent write- wistful and a little world weary. The melody sounds a bit happier than the lyrics and had me humming along.
Vocals and guitar fills are very good.
A fine collaboration!

Robert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

Originally Posted By: olemon

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Leon,

Well sung.
Good guitar work.
Well mixed.

fj

Hey guys, thanks for mentioning the vocals!

Janice
Originally Posted By: olemon

Appreciate the comments

Peter

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Wow,

Great sounding song!

So catchy! Excellent lyrics and a very retro sound, but in a great way.

smile

Thanks David

Peter
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Leon,

Well sung.
Good guitar work.
Well mixed.

fj

Thanks floyd

Peter
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Good song gang. Nice write, well sung with a neat retro feel. Great guitar work, and the best BGV voice on the forum. All came out well!

Thanks - agree with BGV comment.

Peter
Originally Posted By: tommyad
I liked the lyrics and vocal as well as the background vocal. The guitar fills and solos are well played and the twin leads in the outro are especially nice. Good arrangement and mix. Enjoyed,Tom

Thanks a lot Tom

Peter

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter, Leon & Janice,

Love this... What a sweet song. You sound great together. Production and instrumentation is of the highest quality.

So good!

Bob

Thanks Bob

Peter
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter,Leon & Janice,

An excellent write- wistful and a little world weary. The melody sounds a bit happier than the lyrics and had me humming along.
A fine collaboration!

Robert

Thanks Robert

Peter
Looks like I'm late to the show here.

As others have said better - and much sooner - than me, good write, production, vocals, guitar soloing and BGV.

So... what they said. smile
Hi PeterF and the Team,

Composition well done. Nice atmosphere very soft with well written lyrics. I apprecied.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams

You are very kind. Thank you!

Janice

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter, Leon & Janice,

So good!

Bob

Thank you Bob!

Janice
quote=tommyad]I liked the lyrics and vocal as well as the background vocal. The guitar fills and solos are well played and the twin leads in the outro are especially nice. Good arrangement and mix. Enjoyed,Tom[/quote]

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter,Leon & Janice,

A fine collaboration!

Robert

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Looks like I'm late to the show here.

As others have said better - and much sooner - than me, good write, production, vocals, guitar soloing and BGV.

So... what they said. smile

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi PeterF and the Team,

Composition well done. Nice atmosphere very soft with well written lyrics. I apprecied.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks y’all. My contribution was small but fun!

Janice
© PG Music Forums