PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss FILL ME AGAIN - 03/24/23 10:25 PM
FILL ME AGAIN

This is my first attempt to do some recording since my stroke! To say it was a challenge would be a huge understatement! I felt I had to get busy again and give it my best try! It's a re-do of an older song from a couple years back! I really struggled with vocal control and playing the lead parts on guitar was a huge problem, I know where my fingers are supposed to go but have great difficulty making them do what I want! Ok, enough complaining! I just hope that by posting this that it inspires someone to press through some difficulties they may be facing with their health and keep making some music! Thanks to anyone who takes time to have a listen! TB

BIAB
Drums - Pop Rock 16ths
Bass - 1592 Pop 16th's
Guitar - 1637 Rhythm Jazz Funk
Guitar - 3186 Acoustic Rhythm Celtic Songwriter Quinn
Guitar - 833 Alt Country Moody
Piano - Acoustic Pop Believe
Accordion - Pop 8ths

Me
Vocals
Guitars Rhythm and lead parts
Synths
Percussion

Fill Me Again
words and music by
Torrey Bliss/Ron Helm
©2018 Glass Gate Music BMI

I don't want to go on this way
It's been so long since I walked with You
You know that I have nothing left inside
My soul cries out as I stand without excuse
Help me know You again
Fill me with love fill me with joy and
Fill me with peace again
To be patient and kind, show goodness and faithfulness
Be gentle with self-control
The things that I used to know
Lord fill me again

You'll teach me to walk as a wise man
And not as a fool
now I'll walk with You
Every day I'll rise and seek your face
To hunger for You and
Always do Your will
Lord help me start again
Fill me with peace again
Lord fill me again

Fill me with peace again
Lord fill me again
Posted By: dcuny Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/24/23 11:37 PM
Hi, Torrey.

Honestly, I didn't hear anything that even hinted you had any difficulties. The singing and guitar playing is excellent, as is the overall production. It sounds great in my speakers.

This is inspiring. Welcome back... again! laugh
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 12:35 AM
Hi Torrey,

Good to hear your back on the horse again.

I enjoyed the song - your vocals guitar playing sound just fine.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: rayc Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 01:15 AM
Torrey,
From the evidence presented in this song I'd not have guessed.
This is as solid and on point as I'm used to from you.
A terrific testament to getting stuck back in.
A poignant lyric within the circumstances too.
Posted By: MarioD Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 09:50 AM
Torrey, it sounds like you haven't missed a step.
First and foremost I pray that you have a complete recovery so playing and singing is totally fun again.
Everything about this one is perfect.
Loved it.

PS - If you hadn't mentioned your issues I would have never known you had any issues.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 10:38 AM
Welcome back Torrey.

This is indeed inspiring, I would have never guessed what was going on in your life, amazing song, strong lyrics and vocals and mixed together perfectly.

And most importantly, it proves for YOU that you can still make music!
It'll be pretty hard work for some time, but it will get better with each song.
Posted By: firesong Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 12:12 PM
Torrey...first off I want you to know you've been in my prayers ever sense I heard about the stroke...and will continue to be...it's so glad to hear your voice again on the forum...now about the music...this is another super piece of music by yourself and Ron...your voice sounds healthy and humble and quintessentially Torrey...the instrumentation and chord structure again are so recognizable...the lyrics are "fruitful" to say the least and obviously written from a heart(s) that sincerely mean what is being said...you sound strong and "filled" brother! Loved the song!
Posted By: dani48 Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 01:10 PM
Hi, Torrey !

How....? You a stroke ?
Thank God you came away alive !
They say it´s about fifty fifty chance
and in any case we strokestrickens
may get all kinds of different troubles !

Now, about your tune , it is one of your
best and I liked it really much !

Take Care my friend !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 06:29 PM
Listening to your song certainly filled us with joy and peace in hearing you perform again.

As noted by others your vocal and guitar performances show the same high quality as before.

We hope that with time and perseverance your performances will become easier for you and that joy and peace abound.

Congrats!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 06:42 PM
Torrey

Superb work - great song and performance.

All the best for your recovery.

Peter
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/25/23 09:18 PM
Torrey,
Very glad to see you post and hear your awesome tune! Sounds absolutely great. As other have mentioned, there is nothing musically indicating challenges you described. Thinking often about you and hoping you leave health struggles behind ASAP. Very inspiring tune, you are on a right path. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/26/23 03:19 AM
Torrey,

I entirely agree with David. "Honestly, I didn't hear anything that even hinted you had any difficulties."
This is exactly your sound.
It's a great piece that I can feel Paul McCartney somewhere.
Torrey Bliss is alive and well!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/26/23 10:14 AM
Hello, Torrey. Whenever I eat a meal I seem to have a plan I'm not aware of, which is to eat around what I perceive as the last bite --a savory, tasty treat. This morning I knew I had limited time here, and was totally conscious that I saved this tasty treat for my last bite. Even with all your complaining (haha, kidding, man. I am totally empathetic with your current challenges, but your laughter is the best med), you manage to produce some magical music anyone would be proud to say came through them. You are an awesome talent, and an outstanding inspiration. Keep up the good word.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/26/23 12:23 PM
This sounds really great. kind of anthemic in it's style.

Everything seems to be in the right place.... Loved those "Boston" sounding lead guitar tones and those twin parts.

Keep on pushing through your difficulties. Glad you're on the mend.
Posted By: vicarn Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/26/23 03:45 PM
Sounds great to me, Torrey.
Sometimes good can come from bad.

Vic
Posted By: Derochette Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/26/23 05:06 PM
Hi Torrey,

What a lovely atmosphere. Wonderful piece well done. The vocals are excellent. Everything is perfect. Musical breaks
well designed. I really enjoyed it. You really have a lot of talent. I listened to your composition four times.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/28/23 04:00 PM
Inspiring? You really hit the mark here Torrey. Life's responsibilities have really pulled on me lately and I've not had time for music at all. No writing, recording, or even playing. You were the reason I got on the forum today. While working around the house I was thinking of you and your stroke. I wanted to get on here and let you know I was still praying over you and hopefully offer a little encouragement. A couple of years ago I went through a serious illness that almost took me out as well. Recovery can be a long, frustrating process. Some things, as in my case may never fully recover, but one thing never changes. God is the same yesterday, today and always. He is the same now as he was before your stroke. Keep plugging away my friend - God is still using you. I got on here to try to offer you some encouragement and inspiration, instead your song and faithfulness has encouraged and inspired me! Thanks.

Brad
Posted By: Scott C Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/28/23 10:39 PM
Wow Torrey so glad you are healthy and on the mend. Lovely vocal and your guitar sounded perfect to me. Well done.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 06:07 AM
Hi Torrey,

Man, just an outstanding song!

Excellent vocal, and I hear no evidence that you are having difficulty with the guitar.

Lyrics are indeed inspiring, as is your story.

I am so happy you are still with us making wonderful music!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 02:25 PM
Hi Torrey
Great that you can make music again !!!!
And then immediately such a beautiful song
Sounds very good from beginning to end
Wish you that you can make music again like before
Very great work, Torrey
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: David Snyder Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 03:47 PM

Hey Torrey,

This is really great!

So glad to hear you are better and back in full form!!

smile

Full of your usual awesome stuff!
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 05:39 PM
Hey Torrey, this is inspiring and so glad you are back in the saddle.
Keep writing, playing and singing.
Great job.
Posted By: Sawmill Music Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 08:39 PM
Great Song! Love the mix. Nicely done!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/29/23 08:56 PM
The first line of your post was a shocker. It's good to hear that you are recovering.

I enjoyed the song: melody, arrangement, and production. Your guitar part sounds great.

Music is good therapy!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/30/23 08:29 PM
Thanks David C, Nigel,Ray Mario, BD Thomas, Mario, Dan, Dani, J&B, Peter, Misha, Shigeki, Marty, Herb, Vic, Derochette, Brad, Scott, Andi, David, Bass Thumper, Sawmill Music and Scott for all the positive and encouraging words! I appreciate them all! TB
Posted By: rsdean Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 03/31/23 08:21 AM
Torrey,

This is as good as it gets... Your musicianship is fully intact.

Love everything about this.

Glad you are on the mend.

Bob
Posted By: Deej56 Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 04/03/23 01:10 PM
Torrey,

While it may have been a challenge putting this together, it sounds like anything but . . . smooth and easy, wonderful vocals, outstanding production . . . everything is top notch here. Outstanding write as well--that chorus is wonderful. Love the ending! Great stuff! And best wishes on your continued recovery, Torrey.

Deej
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 04/03/23 08:40 PM
Hi Torrey. Sorry to learn of your stroke, but I honestly would have had no clue from listening to the song.......BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love your voice, your passion, and your wonderful melodic sense.......you are an AMAZING talent!!!!! Good luck with your continued healing. Getting older is tough. My mother-in-law remains in a rehab place after a complication with hip replacement. I try to be appreciative of every day at this point in my life. Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums