PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Trouble Again - 04/20/23 09:19 PM
Trouble Again

A number of years ago I recorded three CDs for a group called Pumping Station Road (PSR). I became the 4th member by adding my computer and guitar skills to the group. Since then one member, Danny, has passed. Steve has drifted away from music. BobH was the only one whom keeps coming over to play and record with me.

Bob and I were listening to some of our older original stuff and decided that I should post three of them. Trouble Again is the first one. As always our songs start in BiaB but because this is was done in 2014 I don't have any data on what style we used. Listening I can tell that I did modify the drum track.
Steve is on vocals. Bob is on the acoustic guitar. I am on the bass, electric guitar and via my keyboard controller the B3.

As always feel free to leave comments, good or bad,

PS - we are hoping that Steve will rejoin us.

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Trouble Again - 04/21/23 07:57 AM
Hi Mario,

Always enjoy hearing original blues material, and this one is pretty good. Nice job on the bass, guitar and the B3, and Bob sounds good also.

Yeah, get Steve back on board and do more!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trouble Again - 04/21/23 03:00 PM
Your singing my very early days... Luckily I did go back to school and learned to stay out trouble. A number of my old friends (them) continued down the wrong road and know this tune well. Good job.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Trouble Again - 04/21/23 03:38 PM
Pretty cool blues, I like it.
For my taste the singer could show a bit more passion, but I think it's a nice souvenir of that time.
Glad you re-released it!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Trouble Again - 04/21/23 03:43 PM
Classic blues! laugh

Some instruments could be closer up front in the mix (like the guitar lead), but no biggie.

Good luck getting Steve back - it's great to make music with old friends.
Posted By: firesong Re: Trouble Again - 04/22/23 03:48 PM
Mario...great to hear one of your tunes with vocals...classic blues!...very nice track...it's always great to play with old band-mates and you guys sound great!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Trouble Again - 04/27/23 06:02 PM
it goes without say that we are blues folks so this one slid right into the ole wheelhouse.

We much enjoyed it and y'all's instrumental and vocal performances.

Hope he rejoins!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 04/27/23 08:56 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Mario,

Always enjoy hearing original blues material, and this one is pretty good. Nice job on the bass, guitar and the B3, and Bob sounds good also.

Yeah, get Steve back on board and do more!

Thanx so much Dave.

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Your singing my very early days... Luckily I did go back to school and learned to stay out trouble. A number of my old friends (them) continued down the wrong road and know this tune well. Good job.

Thanx so much. I was a greaser in high school, aka Fonz type. It didn't take me long after graduation that standing on a street corner in a leather jacket smoking a cigarette and having 5 pounds/2.3 Kilograms of Brycreem in my hair wasn't going to get me a lot of money!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 04/27/23 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Pretty cool blues, I like it.
For my taste the singer could show a bit more passion, but I think it's a nice souvenir of that time.
Glad you re-released it!

Thanx for taking the time to listen and commenting.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Classic blues! laugh

Some instruments could be closer up front in the mix (like the guitar lead), but no biggie.

Good luck getting Steve back - it's great to make music with old friends.

Thanx David. Hopefully my mixing skills have improved since then!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 04/27/23 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Mario...great to hear one of your tunes with vocals...classic blues!...very nice track...it's always great to play with old band-mates and you guys sound great!

Thanx so much Dan for commenting. One thing the group did and now BobH and I are doing is recording covers, thus I can not upload them here.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 04/27/23 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
it goes without say that we are blues folks so this one slid right into the ole wheelhouse.

We much enjoyed it and y'all's instrumental and vocal performances.

Hope he rejoins!

J&B

I'm glad that y'all liked this one.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Trouble Again - 04/29/23 10:28 PM
Cool blue tune Mario. Loved these laid back grooves. Well done...
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 04/29/23 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool blue tune Mario. Loved these laid back grooves. Well done...

Thanx so much Scott. I'm glad that you liked it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Trouble Again - 04/30/23 01:24 PM
Mario and crew,
Fun, live club feel blues. Nice instrumental interplay. The only complaint, it seems, it got these artifacts that are usually associated with lower quality file being uploaded. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 07:38 PM
Great mellow blues vibe!!! I really like Steve's laid back vocals!! Really nicely put together.....bring back the band!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mario and crew,
Fun, live club feel blues. Nice instrumental interplay. The only complaint, it seems, it got these artifacts that are usually associated with lower quality file being uploaded. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanx Misha. Yes, this was recorded years ago before I had better equipment and expertise.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great mellow blues vibe!!! I really like Steve's laid back vocals!! Really nicely put together.....bring back the band!!! Take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg for listening and commenting on this oldie.
Posted By: rayc Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 08:12 PM
Good song. Mix wise the vocal is a bit too far forward as were the tom hits in the fill before the solo.
Good song and a trio worth reviving.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Good song. Mix wise the vocal is a bit too far forward as were the tom hits in the fill before the solo.
Good song and a trio worth reviving.

Thanx Ray. I hope that my recording techniques have improved since those days.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Trouble Again - 05/01/23 08:47 PM
Mario,

Ha, I was expecting an instrumental when I clicked on this one (didn’t quite read far or closely enough to your intro) . . . What a pleasant surprise to hear the vocals kick in. This is is killer blues tune . . . really like Steve’s vocal and the production/mix is stellar. Like that guitar solo. Really cool listen!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 10:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Mario,

Ha, I was expecting an instrumental when I clicked on this one (didn’t quite read far or closely enough to your intro) . . . What a pleasant surprise to hear the vocals kick in. This is is killer blues tune . . . really like Steve’s vocal and the production/mix is stellar. Like that guitar solo. Really cool listen!

Best regards,

Deej

Thanx Deej. BobH and I hope Steve will rejoin us soon.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 10:52 AM
Oh, so glad I didn't miss this one. Went healthily for a regular doctor visit, and came home sick for 5 days. Sheeesh. Anyway, I like the PSR stuff here. Excellent bass and B3, and Steve should've "kept himself in..." with a good vocal like that. Bob sounds good on the acoustic and blends well with the electric. This is the original mix, right? Sounds good, but, yes, you have improved. Can't wait to hear the next one from you and Bob.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 01:54 PM
Mario and friends ... A really cool song from the files of old. I have a few of them collecting dust in my storage closet.

I like that stripped-down Shuffle Blues arrangement. Thanks for a smiley-face listen - much enjoyed!

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, so glad I didn't miss this one. Went healthily for a regular doctor visit, and came home sick for 5 days. Sheeesh. Anyway, I like the PSR stuff here. Excellent bass and B3, and Steve should've "kept himself in..." with a good vocal like that. Bob sounds good on the acoustic and blends well with the electric. This is the original mix, right? Sounds good, but, yes, you have improved. Can't wait to hear the next one from you and Bob.

Thanx Marty.

Bob and I also would like to Steve come back.
Thanx for that improvement commit, I appreciated that.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Mario and friends ... A really cool song from the files of old. I have a few of them collecting dust in my storage closet.

I like that stripped-down Shuffle Blues arrangement. Thanks for a smiley-face listen - much enjoyed!

Alan

You are welcome Alan. I am glad that you liked it.

PS - Why not post some of your oldies but goodies?
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Trouble Again - 05/02/23 08:13 PM
All the instruments sounding good. It's got a good catchy groove.

Keep it pumping!
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Trouble Again - 05/08/23 03:30 PM
Mario, I really enjoyed this one. I thought it was a great song and loved your bass in it. It was great being exposed to your old stuff. I can tell that you have improved your production techniques over time, but I think you did wall this one too. I'm looking forward to hearing the other two.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Trouble Again - 05/09/23 12:22 PM
Hello Mario
Well done
Sounds really cool
The sound fits really great to the song
And you should use your vocals more often in your songs
A great production
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
© PG Music Forums