PG Music Home
Posted By: Dewey_MI Mission In Motion - 04/27/23 09:19 AM
Never posted or shared this one before but it is a re-write after receiving input from an NSAI evaluator.

Mission In Motion (SoundCloud)

Constructive criticism encouraged and appreciated!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Mission In Motion - 04/27/23 11:24 AM
Dewey,

A good, positive write.
Well sung.
Nice arrangement/production. Well balanced mix.
I would turn the drums up a bit.
This has a Keith Urban vibe to it (was expecting a background banjo because of that...)

Good work.

fj
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Mission In Motion - 04/27/23 12:07 PM
Good song.

reminded of Meet in the Middle in the chorus.

good luck with it.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Mission In Motion - 05/01/23 07:13 PM
Very cool, catchy, upbeat (musically and lyrically) song!!! Sounds great.......wonderful job on the vocal and harmonies!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mission In Motion - 05/01/23 08:00 PM
Contemporary country at its best.
This could easily be on a country radio station today.
Great vocal and harmonies.
Super backing tracks and mix - great dynamics.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Mission In Motion - 05/09/23 12:42 PM
Hi Dewey
Very good song
Catchy melody
Sounds really excellent
However, I agree with Floyd that the drums are a bit too quiet compared to the vocals.
Good production
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Mission In Motion - 05/09/23 05:11 PM
That is a very good message in the lyric and you present it in a fun and pleasant performance.

Excellent hook also.

Good vocals, band and mix!

J&B

PS What BiaB tracks did you use? The sound good.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Mission In Motion - 05/09/23 08:14 PM
Hi Dewey ...

Great, uplifting song. Well put together and equally nice delivery. The mix sounds good in my ears. And the message is worth the listen. Nice!

Alan
Posted By: firesong Re: Mission In Motion - 05/10/23 02:33 PM
Dewey...hope you know I'm a big fan and always look forward to hearing your songs...this one is lyrically so well done....smart and pragmatic in it's message...mission accomplished...love the track and vocals...I think everyone likes (or should like) a great mid-tempo folk/country acoustic based song and this is a prime example of a great one!...the message is appropriate whether you're talking about a spiritual mission or a corporate one...whether in our "walk" or our vocations...this works! Loved it...Dan
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Mission In Motion - 05/10/23 04:06 PM
Good song with a positive vibe, pretty good and very catchy.
I especially like your vocals and the harmonies.
Well done!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Mission In Motion - 05/10/23 04:56 PM
I like it! laugh

Catchy chorus, good arrangement with interesting things happening.

Worthless feedback: I'd have ended the song on a high note for a bit of final lift. And maybe added the harmony when the instruments drop out. But then you'd lose the punch when they come back in after that, so... wink
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Mission In Motion - 05/11/23 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Dewey...hope you know I'm a big fan and always look forward to hearing your songs...this one is lyrically so well done....smart and pragmatic in it's message...mission accomplished...love the track and vocals...I think everyone likes (or should like) a great mid-tempo folk/country acoustic based song and this is a prime example of a great one!...the message is appropriate whether you're talking about a spiritual mission or a corporate one...whether in our "walk" or our vocations...this works! Loved it...Dan

Dan, thanks for listening and your detailed feedback, my friend! I never thought about it having a 'spiritual' message but that's the beauty about songs - they can touch folks in different ways. I'm a practicing Catholic fully in love with the Trinity so I'm now thinking of this song in a new evangelical way! Na zdrowie!
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Mission In Motion - 05/11/23 11:09 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I like it! laugh

Catchy chorus, good arrangement with interesting things happening.

Worthless feedback: I'd have ended the song on a high note for a bit of final lift. And maybe added the harmony when the instruments drop out. But then you'd lose the punch when they come back in after that, so... wink

Not worthless at all! I'll mess around with it as you suggest and see what happens. Thanks for listening and taking the time to critique this. The better the song then the greater the chance it has to connect with others (review-revise-record-repeat).
Posted By: rayc Re: Mission In Motion - 05/16/23 05:58 AM
It could be my ears today but I hear a chunk of sibilant stuff that could be tamed a little bit.
Well constructed and a cool pace so how about letting us know what's what & where in BIAB land.
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Mission In Motion - 05/16/23 12:30 PM
Ray,

First of all, thanks for listening.

Secondly, thank you for the comment and I must admit that I had to look up the definition of 'sibilant'! I will for sure check out the stems to see where the issue is and, hopefully, tame it.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Mission In Motion - 05/16/23 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
It could be my ears today but I hear a chunk of sibilant stuff that could be tamed a little bit.
Well constructed and a cool pace so how about letting us know what's what & where in BIAB land.

Ray,

Sorry that I forgot to post the BIAB info! I'll try and do that when I get back into my studio.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Mission In Motion - 05/17/23 08:40 PM
"But if I shoot for the moon and I miss it
The stars will be waiting in the distance"

I like that lyric clever.

Catchy tune.
© PG Music Forums