PG Music Home
Posted By: Elliott Kayne FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/04/23 11:00 AM
FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY

https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic/song/34008264-fly-we-can-touch-the-sky

I wrote this song on acoustic guitar as a wishful travelog of retirement dreams. I pictured Sade' singing it.

This is my first song with Synth V singing the entire song. It took a lot of time and effort, but during this process I learned a lot.

The main tracks are BIAB, although I replaced the drums, and added strings, horns, and other sounds. The vocals are Synth V Solaria with harmonies by Natalie.
This is the future of music productions.

=============================================

Fly away to Barcelona
or a spa in Sardona
Arrivederci Roma
We can Fly

Take a cruise to Aruba
Or a café in Bermuda
Make a stop in Havana Cuba
We can Fly

Fly we can touch the sky
You and I You and I Fly You and I Fly away

To a beach in Ipanema
Or the French Rivera
As long as were together
We can Fly

We are like Silk and leather
Two hearts that beat together
Living life’s simple pleasures
We can Fly

****** Song Summary *************
Title: touch the sky
File:touch the sky.SGU
Key=F , Tempo 155, Length (m:s)=3:44
No intro. 142 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 142. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 1283 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _PIEDRA.STY (Gran Piedra Cuban Pop Sax Solo)

RealTracks in song: ~464:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 3238:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm BossaBrazilRamon Ev 140
RealTracks in style: 1818:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SonMontuno Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 704:Flute, Soloist Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: ~2190:Piano, Electric, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: ~1216:Vibes, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: ~2495:Piano, Electric, HeldChords 120
RealDrums in Song:BossaBrazilAlex^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Posted By: BabuMusic Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/04/23 11:24 AM
Ah, such a cool island sound, and YES I can hear Sade singing this one. Man, great job on that synth, Elliott. Real impressive. The whole band rocks so well, and build this beauty. I really love the changes and the dynamics you've incorporated. Seriously that voice sounds so real and expressive. I can only imagine the required work to achieve such good results. The strings horns and other stuff you added is the absolutely prefect touch, and the mix is so top-notch. The future of music is now present. Well done.
Posted By: rsdean Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/04/23 12:40 PM
Elliott,

This is so well done. I can tell how much work went into this.

Very nicely done.

Bob
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/05/23 09:52 PM
Thanks for listening and the kind words It was a lot of work I appreciate the positive feedback
Posted By: Al-David Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/06/23 01:49 AM
Hi Elliott ...

Holy Cow! This sounds as though it came straight from an LA studio.

And yes ... Sade would be a perfect fit. But this Synth voice is so real-life sounding. Not knowing otherwise, I would never have guessed this wasn't a human female singing. I'm particularly impressed with the tonal quality (timbre)of the voice. The slight vibrato of the hold notes is perfect.

It's easy to forget the brilliance of the song itself. Such a great arrangement and production. The mix is totally spot on. Perfect choices on the various tracks. The lyric is fitting. I've always loved Latin music, particularly Latin Jazz and Bossa Nova. I particularly enjoyed the flute. And then there are the vibes and horns. And everything else.

I'm totally impressed by every facet of this project. Awesome!!!

I've downloaded the free version, but haven't yet figured out what to do with it. This production has given me a new surge of determination to dig deeper into the program. Thanks!

Alan

PS: Although she now has dementia and is in very poor health, my wife was a fabulous singer. I wrote her a song with Sade's "Smooth Operator" as an influence. Turned out pretty dang good!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/06/23 09:55 AM
Very nice. Latin feel is perfect for the song. The ladies sound good.
Posted By: MarioD Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY - 06/06/23 08:34 PM
Elliott, this is an outstanding song.
Great groove and your added instruments really make it come alive.
This sounds so real that if you hadn't mentioned the synth I would have asked who sang this for you!

Simply an outstanding song featuring a synth vocal. In fact this is so good it should be used in an ad for Synth V.
Posted By: PeterF Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/07/23 08:10 PM
The vocal synth is very well done.

Pretty song, nice arrangement.

Impressive.

Peter
Posted By: Planobilly Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/07/23 10:11 PM
Good stuff, Elliott. The synth V vocal was well done. I am sure you spent a lot of time dealing with the vocal.

What database did you use?

Billy
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/08/23 03:54 AM
Hi Elliott,

I am staggered at how this Synthensized Voice can produce such a good vocal.

How do you do this - is it a MIDI melody line that you then apply an AI plugin to?

Goodness - makes me wonder why us mere humans bother!

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: rayc Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/08/23 04:18 AM
Sweet, light, Latinesque & skips along.
There's some sibilant stuff in the main vocal that gets in my face but no one else has mentioned it so I'll leave it as an onservation.
You've programmed the synth vox REALLY well.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/08/23 03:17 PM
The V Synth Vocals are Solaria lead, and Natalie singing backup harmonies.

I tried several combinations and this combo worked best for this song.

Thanks for the positive comments
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/11/23 05:52 PM
"This is my first song with Synth V singing the entire song. It took a lot of time and effort, but during this process I learned a lot."

First one? Wow that is amazing for an initial effort ... or, heck, for an experienced effort.

This one is scary good. It will not be long before jingle and background film singers, etc., run for the hills.

Remarkable!

J&B
Posted By: Mark K Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/11/23 08:18 PM
Love hearing a song using well done synthesized vocals. I have used Vocaloid and tried Emvoice 1, both take a lot of extra work to get realistic sounding vocals, though I found Emvoice to be a bit easier. From your comments, I see Synth V must take similar amount of work, but the end result is awesome.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/13/23 12:26 PM
Elliot,

VERY nicely done.
Great job with the synth voices. A "natural sounding" as I've ever heard...Astounding!
Excellent production. Nice work on the horns...
Good mix.

fj
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/16/23 10:12 AM
Synth V is amazing technology. I can see this becoming a staple in future music productions
I've been listening to other demos and some of them are just incredible. And this is just the beginning they're only on version 1.8

Thank you for listening and thank you for all your positive comments.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/16/23 05:13 PM
Oh no!!!

Another great songwriter crosses over to the dark side!

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

This is very cool!

I will still always be a fan of Elliott at the mic though.

smile
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/16/23 05:22 PM
David. There was no possible way for me to sing this song and do it justice. It needed a female vocalist and this new technology allowed me to arrange the vocals and harmonies without spending a fortune on studios.

It's the vocal equivalent to BIAB Real Tracks.
THANKS
Posted By: dcuny Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/17/23 03:44 AM
Catchy tune - especially the harmonies.

Memorable chorus.

Neat stuff you're doing with the arrangement, vocally and with the (other) instruments.

Fun listen! laugh
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/22/23 08:35 AM
This is a really good start with Synth V. You can tell that you're used to working with (your own) voices, which is very helpful with synthetic voices (same here BTW).

I agree, Sade would be a great fit. Transpose the song down a third or fifth and Natalie (who's not as good as Solaria up there) on main vocals would probably fit Sade even more, her voice has more character.

But let's not forget that it's a good song with good lyrics, and it's well mixed and produced.

I like it. And that's what counts in the end.
Posted By: jannesan Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 06/22/23 08:48 AM
Very nice holiday vibe with beautiful images and clever name dropping for rhyming. Great work with the vocals, especially the harmonies, but you have also managed to highlight the singer's best qualities. Nice to hear flute and horns. The mix is pleasantly light.

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 07/01/23 10:51 PM
Very cool tune Elliot. Really neat vibe. The vocal was really amazing. Well done
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FLY WE CAN TOUCH THE SKY Synth V - 07/04/23 03:25 PM
Elliott,

This is a sweet sounding super clean track! Your work with the AI vocal is really good! It puts me in mind of the work Zooey Deschanel did with Brian Wilson a few years back. The synth vocals will never be the future of music production to me though because I would miss the human element of slight imperfections in the voice that AI cannot duplicate yet. Nevertheless this is a really great sounding track!

Thanks, TB
© PG Music Forums