PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette Wild horses with no name - 07/27/23 09:38 AM
Hi my friends from Biab.

It's been several months since I last posted on this forum.

I come back today with a composition "Wild Horses with no name". It took me a while to make it because I wanted to create a video for this soundtrack. I think I have achieved the goals I set for myself. It's up to you to see if I've reached them. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Used tools :
Style Alberti.Sty.These are piano and drums midi files on which I put vst pianos (Steinway B from Eastwest) and drums from Eastwest. I added a few notes from a solo guitar to give more depth and vary the melody.

You can music alone on soundcloud with the link: https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/horses-with-no-name

or preferably music and video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A404cqRHpPY
Posted By: vicarn Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/27/23 11:09 AM
Nice cinematic piece from you.
I kept thinking what it would sound like if the tempo was doubled half way through after a pause and then faded out.
Like the horses were running off into the distance.
Just a thought.

Vic
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/27/23 11:37 AM
Derochette,

A good listen. You do The Best cinematic stuff on these forums...
Well mixed.

I especially like the sound of the piano. You mentioned EastWest - is the piano from there? What is it, specifically?...

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 04:41 AM
Hi Vircan,

thank you for commenting. your suggestion is interesting. See if magix video mixing software allows it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
aliad JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 05:18 AM
Hi floyd jane,

I purchased a "symphonic orchestra gold complete" bundle from Easwest. This bundle includes many different orchestral instruments including an F Steinway piano. The vst QL Pianos Gold Steinway D alone can be purchased from best service. Thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 10:05 AM
Derochette, you write songs we can see. Love this story. yessir, in my opinion you most definitely achieved your goals. I first listened to Soundcloud, and was blown away by the quality of those instruments, and your ability to manipulate them into such a fine piece of music. When listening I envisioned one particular horse in the group and the story had a sad and happy ending. I didn't see that in the video, but I really enjoyed the galloping. Well done, and I missed you.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 10:22 AM
Derochette,

This has that grand epic sound and feel. A big sweeping beautiful piece of music.

Bob
Posted By: AleksandrK Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 11:35 AM
Derochette, that's wonderful - every piece is so in tune with the others and all they sound like freedom - yes, the ocean space and wild horses running - you put them into one whole - great, really!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 08:39 PM
Derochette, you have met your goal and then some!
While listening to your excellent music and watching those horses I thought that I was watching a documentary on wild horses.
Outstanding mix also.

Loved it.
Posted By: rayc Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/28/23 10:22 PM
I didn't watch but I did listen to the youtube audio as it's often better than the soundcloud/soundclick et al.
This sounds terrific though the electric guitar gets a little histrionic in spots.
Your progressions and arrangements always reach up and out to create space and weight.
The title threw me given the America song by a similar name.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/29/23 12:57 AM
You achieved your goal - very cinematic and the music accompanies the video very well.

Nicely done.

Peter
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/29/23 11:52 AM
Hi BabuMusic,

This is the nicest comment anyone can give me. I could have told the story of a horse in pictures, but I preferred not to ignore the others.

I was surprised by the good quality of your video on your last composition.

I used the Magix software for the first time and I still have progress to make in this area.

Again a big thank you to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/29/23 11:54 AM
Hi rsdean,

I'm glad you enjoyed my composition. Thanks to you

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/29/23 12:00 PM
Hi Aleksandrk,

Your comment makes me happy. I looked for video clips for this composition where the horses seemed to be free without showing the humans in the background. A big thank you to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: dcuny Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/29/23 03:35 PM
Nice - I especially like the way it evolves of the course of the song.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/30/23 06:33 AM
Hello Derochette
very good song
Sounds really nice
The intro is excellent
And of course the great melody, fits perfectly to the video
Well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/30/23 08:53 AM
Hi MarioD

Glad to read you. Thank you for your nice comment on the video.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/30/23 09:00 AM
Hi rayc,
Thank you for your constructive comment.

It is true that I put a lot of delay on the guitar. For the title, maybe I should change it because it reminds us of the group America (which was a musical masterpiece) with horse in the singular. I put it in the plural.

Kindly regard
Derochette alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/30/23 10:41 PM
I was excited to see this song available on the forum. Your pieces just bring my studio alive with very cool music. Mixes are so clear and clean. Awesome to use as references and ear tuning before mixing. Love your stuff. Well done
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/31/23 06:59 AM
You are very good at creating cinematic pieces, and this is no exception. Piano sounds great, and I also like the electric guitar, it was unexpected but works well I think.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/31/23 10:49 AM
Hi PeterF,

I thank you for your appreciation and for achieving my goals.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/31/23 10:54 AM
Hi dcuny,

I spent a lot of time trying to find the appropriate images for this soundtrack. Thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/31/23 11:06 AM
Hi Project M,

I am happy to read you. And thank you for your kind and always constructive comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: Wild horses with no name - 07/31/23 03:44 PM
Sounds like a movie soundtrack. Nice mix, and tone on those VSTs. Nice chord changes as well. Nice
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/01/23 11:45 AM
That is majestic!

The video and audio reflect the majesty and power but also the joy that those horses seem to be experiencing.

Janice said she could almost hear the horses shouting to each other their jubilation. smile

Those are beautiful horses and video imagery is captivating.

Excellent composition and mix.

This endeavor was well worth the wait!

J&B

PS Thank you for the kind words regarding our song post (You Can't Shape My Dreams). It's been posted a while and we didn't want to bounce it again by responding. We do appreciate it!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/02/23 11:57 AM
Hi Scott C,

I am always delighted to read your comments on my compositions. The mix was made with Ozone 10 in studio one. Thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/02/23 12:04 PM
Hi BlueAttitude,

Thank you for your nice comment. In this soundtrack, from the Biab style piano midi file, I used the Steinway piano from Easwest. And on the guitar, I put a lot of delay to amplify its sound.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/02/23 12:07 PM
Hi Elliott,

thank you for your nice comment. I tried to discover you on the forum of the compositions but I did not find. Maybe I looked wrong.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/02/23 12:12 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

I am always happy to read your encouraging comments. In the absence of lyrics in my soundtracks, I will try to create an attractive video to illustrate listening. But I'm still a beginner in video editing and I hope to improve in this area. Many thanks again to both of you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/02/23 09:52 PM
Hey Derochette,

Really cool and nice playing!

I like the video. Is that in France? I saw horses like that on the beach here not too long ago. We have a beaches that are famous for them.

smile
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/03/23 01:12 PM
Smooth, majestic, and lovely, just like the horses in the video. In the video, I liked that you closed with a sunset and then the gloaming.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/03/23 04:08 PM
Beautiful music. I didn't watch the video, yet, but the music is sweeping and cinematically epic. Well done!
Posted By: firesong Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/03/23 05:57 PM
Derochette...a beautiful piece of music indeed! Your use of video and score are very well crafted and created a great cinemascope for us to both watch a nd listen to...I really like the guitar parts they added an element of power to the music...it was great! thanks so much.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/03/23 08:29 PM
Derochette,

This another very good composition and production from you! All the little extras thrown in really elevate the piece to a higher level! It's an excellent sounding track!

Thanks, TB
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/04/23 05:18 PM
Hi David,
Thank you for your nice comment. Yes, indeed the white horses live in Camarque, in Provence in the south of France.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/04/23 05:22 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I am new in this field and I intend to improve. I use an inexpensive tool (Magix) which allows me to make cool videos. Thanks for commenting.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/04/23 05:25 PM
Hi musician17,

Thank you for your nice comment. I'm going to go listen to you because I don't know your music well.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/05/23 09:08 AM
Hi firesong,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. For the guitar, I thought a lot about giving it depth with the delay and I put few notes in it to contrast with the other instruments providing the rhythm.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/05/23 09:27 AM
Hi Torrey,

Thank you for your nice comment. In the absence of lyrics, I try to create videos now to illustrate my soundtracks.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/05/23 10:26 AM
Hi Derochette, most excellent so well done great job on the mix very clear and crisp thanks for sharing Eric
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/08/23 06:44 AM
Hi F.M.M.,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Thank you very much for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: jannesan Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/10/23 12:36 PM
Beautiful composition with cinematic chord progression. Lovely piano, wistful strings and the guitar creates an image of freedom in the wild. I like how the horses are galloping to the music in the video.

Janne
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/12/23 04:04 PM
Hi jannesan,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. I appreciate also your last video.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/14/23 01:08 PM
Derochette,
I agree with others, your cinematic pieces are ones of the best here. Pleasant instrumentation and excellent blending of the electro guitar into composition. Beautiful video images. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild horses with no name - 08/16/23 04:01 PM
Hi Rustyspoon#,

Thank tou very much for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums