PG Music Home
Posted By: laurent4114 Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/26/23 12:23 PM
https://youtu.be/p3C-XVzHAEs

https://soundcloud.com/user-294987337/mme-pachelbel-est-un-canon

Mme Pachelbel est un canon
it's a pun
Music is a game and it is said to play music. When you start a piece with band in a box you don't always know where you're going. I started out using a somewhat oriental style and over the course of the composition I drifted towards classical music without having decided on it.
Good listening

Style : _TAB.STY (Tab Tabla World Pop)
RealTracks dans ce Style Style: 1536:Basse, Electrique, PopBelieve DblCrch 65
RealTracks dans ce Style Style: 1543:Synth Pad, Pop Believe DblCrch 65
RealTracks dans ce Style Style: 1538:Guitare, Electrique, Rythmee Pop Believe Tenu DblCrch 65
RealTracks dans ce Style Style: 1537:Guitare, Electrique, Rythmee Pop Believe Arp DblCrch 65
RealDrums [dans ce Style:Tabla16ths: a: 1-bar b: 2-beat
Composed with band in a box and mixed in Cubase.
Posted By: vicarn Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/26/23 04:27 PM
Very pleasing piece, Laurent.
A lot of things going on to keep our interest.

Vic
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/27/23 11:07 AM
HAHA!! Very clever, Laurent. I was thinking I'd hear your cool rendition of The Canon in D, but this is so much better. Love it!! So well crafted and clever use of the original phrasing. Brilliant really.

It always puzzled me why so many people use Pachelbel's Canon for their wedding. Didn't he write it in a very sad mood after his wife and daughter died in a carriage accident? This one of yours is so much better for weddings --for any occasion really.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/27/23 08:57 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Super orchestration and instrumentation in this song.

Super mix.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/28/23 11:21 AM
Thank you Marty
From what I've read, he lost his first wife and son to the plague. As we say in French:"boire un canon", which means drink a glass of wine. Is he drowning in drink after this painful loss and will have called his famous piece because of it?
So we have to ask ourselves this metaphysical question: Do we have to suffer to make beautiful music? However, avoid putting a hammer on your hand because the result is that you will not be able to play guitar or piano for a while.

Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/28/23 11:38 AM
Thank you Vic and Mario for your comments
Posted By: dcuny Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/28/23 04:35 PM
That was a pleasant listen! laugh

I'm just glad I'm not the flute player... No room for taking a breath!

And just when you proved you weren't copying the famous canon, you bring it in. Ha! laugh
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/29/23 07:22 AM
Fortunately I connected the flutist on oxygen.
Thank you for the comments.
Posted By: rayc Re: Mme Pachelbel est un canon - 08/30/23 11:08 PM
Un boulet de canon qui vole a passé le moment classique et atterrit doucement avec une brise de mélodie. Bravo M. l’artillerie.
© PG Music Forums