PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Octoberfest at the Cape - 10/30/23 11:12 PM
Octoberfest at the Cape
Hello, I wanted to post this before of the end of the month, you all can figure out why. They had a festival locally till last week. That happens every year at the local German-American Club.
Enjoy!

Mike B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 10/30/23 11:26 PM
Mike, you captured the Oktoberfest mood!
Super use of RTs, as usual.
FWIW - If you really wanted to capture the Oktoberfest scene you could add some crowd noise and a few beer steins clinking together, i.e. I have been to a few Oktoberfests!

Sounds great.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 10/31/23 05:17 PM
Thanks Mario, I though about the crowd noise, but a don't know why I didn't added it. I might still do it.
Thanks again

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/02/23 12:05 PM
Man, I love the places you take on these musical journeys, Mike. I hear much laughter and raucous voices, and above it all the band plays on, each member with a pint at his side. You create some terrific visual music, man.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/02/23 01:25 PM
Well, sadly we are listening in November smile but that did not keep us from enjoying it!

Mario and Marty offered up some GREAT descriptions of imagery of the gig.

Another fine display of BiaB in talented hands.

J&B
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/02/23 09:50 PM
That's NICE! I find instrumentals challenging, and I always learn a lot about why they work when they work. This one REALLY works. Especially like the duet that finishes the tune up. But very compelling from beginning to end.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/03/23 02:10 AM
Root/fifth bass chugs along. Nice work with the clarinet and accordion.

Catches the mood nicely! smile
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/03/23 06:13 AM
Mike,

Cool, catchy tune . . . a real foot tapper, and fits right in with the Octoberfest mood and spirit. Your usual fine production. Love the accordion in this—really pops throughout. Feels like I’m sitting on a corner cafe somewhere in Germany. Well done!

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/07/23 01:18 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to listen and write such nice comments.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/07/23 04:30 AM
A great, lively, upbeat tune. Lots to like, I can picture the waiters and waitresses serving beer steins, lots of frivolity.

[Linked Image]

The choice of instruments is perfect.

Attached picture 2023-11-07_15-28-43.jpg
Posted By: tommyad Re: Octoberfest at the Cape - 11/07/23 12:36 PM
Mike, nicely produced as always. It is quite different from your usual style. Well done. I have played there many times back when they used to have national acts come through town for concerts. Always had a good time, Tom
© PG Music Forums