PG Music Home
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 01:28 AM
https://soundcloud.com/kajunjeaux/i-dont-wanna-see-you-cry
Posted By: dcuny Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 02:42 AM
Moody and sonically interesting.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 10:30 AM
Kajun Jeaux, really enjoyed this tune! Beautiful harmonic progressions and LOVE your voice. Nicely done!

I'd like to hear the vocals a little more clearly as the reverb muffles your (very cool) character a bit. Not crazy about the soloists but that's me on most tunes. The human parts are just much more interesting.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 11:59 AM
Interesting song with a good vocal performance.
Production-wise, I would put a lot less reverb on the vocals, you have a really nice voice, so don't hide it in the distance.
And with the violin I would do the exact opposite, your guitars have a lot of reverb, the violin has none.
Try adding some reverb to the violin until it sounds more like they're both playing in the same room.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 05:44 PM
KJ,

Nice song. Interesting tracks.
Good mix.
Cool vocals. Interesting processing. Although they are "a little bit back", they are clear and understandable. Like 'em.

Enjoyed.
Let's hear some more...

fj
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/14/23 09:04 PM
Fun listen. Neat choice of instruments. Cool arrangement. I would bring vocals slightly closer. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

P.S. It's a good idea to write a couple of sentences describing tune in User Showcase.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/15/23 04:49 PM
Kajun,

I like what I’m hearing . . . agree with a lot of the comments you received on the vocal treatment (though I don’t think it needs a drastic change . . . just a little tweaking) . . . but you’ve got a great sounding voice and it fits the tune very well. The song is solid overall with a a balanced mix. Nice work here!

Kind regards,

Deej
Posted By: rsdean Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/15/23 06:00 PM
Very nice! I really like the song, arrangement and mix. You have a cool voice and used it well in this song.

Great work.

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/16/23 12:17 AM
Kajun, great song.

I agree with all of the vocal comments those far. You have a great voice so show it off!
I really liked that instrumentation - brilliant.
Add some reverb to the violin was a good suggestion.
This is a really good song that just needs some polishing to really make it shine.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/18/23 08:25 PM
Janice said she could imagine the girl walking away thru the mist as you sang. smile

We like the ethereal feel of the RT’s and your vocal conveys the lyric sentiment very well.

What fiddle and steel RT’s are those?

Good one!

J&B
Posted By: ChadHC Re: Song 'I Don't Wanna See You Cry' - 11/24/23 04:00 PM
Very pleasant listening and assortment of instruments.
© PG Music Forums