PG Music Home
Posted By: BabuMusic For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/23/23 02:17 PM
P, B & J on Soundcloud
P, B & J on YouTube

This song may sound like an advertisement, and I suppose it is, although this music hardly fits the great tunes you'll hear if you take my advice. It was written quite a while ago, but it didn't come out as I hoped.

Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated here in the US, and I wanted a song to say thanks to all you creative folks on this Showcase. It occurred to me the other day that most of the music I listen to these days is right here. Even in the car I'll tune into many of you on the streaming services (At least when our granddaughter is not controlling the sounds with Tay-Tay). So thanks for all of your encouraging and helpful comments.

File:P, B&J.SGU
Style is _BANK.STY (Bank 16ths-100 Banjo Bluegrass)

RealTracks in style: ~~592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~~591:Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Soloist)
RealTracks in style: ~~599:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~~598:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~~594:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Chops)
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleRadioPop8ths^1-HiH,Ride
RealDrums in Song: ShakerFolkEv16
RealDrums in Song: Country2Beat16^2-Sidestick,Ride
RealDrums in style:Samba^1-a:Sticks , b:Ride Contemporary
I just sang my respects.

P, B & J

When you're on the Internet just soaking up some sounds
just point your browser to this lovely music site I found.
You'll be swept away from all your worries and your cares.
There's good in life so let us not despair.
When things go wrong you'll say, "P, B & J. Give me a song, P, B & J.”

Starting out in bluegrass fields they swiftly branched right out
to fields of blues and greens and things and biking all about.
They brought in Floyd to fill a void, and, man, did he arrive.
Go check them out. Their music's so alive.
To brighten up your day: P, B & J. "Give me a song, P, B & J."

Peter came aboard and once again they soared, singing songs and playing their own way.
Music old and new, something bold or blue, it will all brighten up your day.

Tommy Adams, Scott Collingwood, and Ray C. all join in.
There's gonna be good music there, so let the fun begin.
All in all they have a ball recording what they hear,
and that you'll see is music to your ear.
When things go wrong you'll say, "P, B & J. Give me a song, P, B & J.”
Life will be okay with P, B & J. So go out and play P, B & J.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/23/23 02:55 PM
Hi Marty,

This very funny song indeed sounded like an advertisement or commercial. Did they pay you well?
But what a good idea to make a song this way. Very creative! How did you come to that.
Not in a 100 years will I come to such an idea.
Now I understand why our conversations sometimes have breaks that can last weeks...

More seriously: Good song, brightly mixed with the kind of lyrics only you can write (and sing) in a special way.
But I missed Dave. The fiddle is doing fine here! I told you once; love the strings more...

First Prize for Creativity, Marty!
(at least in the Netherlands)

Hans
Posted By: vicarn Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/23/23 06:07 PM
Clever, happy stuff Marty.
Here's hoping for royalties,

Vic
Posted By: MarioD Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 12:06 AM
Marty, what a great tribute to some of the Showcase Forum superstars.
Everything was perfect.
Loved it!
Posted By: PeterF Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 12:14 AM
Ha. That made my wife smile. grin

Peter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 12:57 AM
You definitely worked some magic with the lyrics, this is really uplifting.

Top vocal and mix added the final polish to this creation.
Posted By: Al-David Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 03:56 AM
Hey Marty,

Loved it! A very nice tribute to a finer group of folks. Cleverly written and a joy to the ears. Cool!!!

Take care,

Alan
Posted By: musician17 Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 08:16 AM
smile smile smile smile smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Al-David Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 10:17 AM
Marty,

The first time, I listened on SoundCloud. I just went back and watched the video a couple of minutes ago - so dang cool! That must have taken more than a few minutes. Very nicely done!

Alan
Posted By: rsdean Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 11:00 AM
Marty,

A very cool song and cool video!

Bob
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 12:37 PM
This is a very catchy song. the Fiddle solo is a success. It's well done.
Laurent
Posted By: tommyad Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 01:09 PM
Marty, what a great idea for a song. We all love this software and what it has done to enrich our lives. Thanks for reminding us and what a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving! Tom
Posted By: jannesan Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/24/23 04:56 PM
Lovely tribute for very good music and excellent artists. Fun, upbeat and touching. Nice arrangement, mix and vocals. BIAB showcase music is certainly much more creative and interesting than 95% of the hit list music.

I would like to add one line: "nothing in life feels wrong when Marty, Marty, Marty sings me a song"

Janne
Nice tribute see song Marty.

Have you ever thought about becoming a professional song plugger?

smile

I would like to know your rates if you think you can get me some more listens

smile
We are both humbled by your appreciation of our music and your willingness to also be one of those collaborators you mentioned (and forgot to include!) PG Music is the reason for our return to making music and their magical software and this forum have enabled us to gain appreciation of many genres and develop friendships with good people worldwide who happen to also be excellent musicians.

Thank you, Marty!

Janice and Bud
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/25/23 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Marty,

This very funny song indeed sounded like an advertisement or commercial. Did they pay you well?
But what a good idea to make a song this way. Very creative! How did you come to that.
Not in a 100 years will I come to such an idea.
Now I understand why our conversations sometimes have breaks that can last weeks...

More seriously: Good song, brightly mixed with the kind of lyrics only you can write (and sing) in a special way.
But I missed Dave. The fiddle is doing fine here! I told you once; love the strings more...

First Prize for Creativity, Marty!
(at least in the Netherlands)

Hans
Thanks, Hans. All y'all were the inspiration, and I think you are dissing your fellow Netherlanders. smile

Originally Posted by vicarn
Clever, happy stuff Marty.
Here's hoping for royalties,

Vic
Thanks, Vic. The only royalties I'll ever see will be on TV when when of 'em gets married. wink

Originally Posted by MarioD
Marty, what a great tribute to some of the Showcase Forum superstars.
Everything was perfect.
Loved it!
Thanks, Mario. And you are one of them for sure. Heck, I could write a whole song just about your tunes.

Originally Posted by PeterF
Ha. That made my wife smile. grin

Peter
Ah, Thanks, Peter. You make me smile pretty much every day. I listen to you guys alot, and you are surely one of the best things about that experience.

Originally Posted by AudioTrack
You definitely worked some magic with the lyrics, this is really uplifting.

Top vocal and mix added the final polish to this creation.
Thanks so much, Audio Track. So glad you liked it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/25/23 06:27 PM
HAHAHA!

OH What Fun It Is

Blue Attitude might turn to Bad Attitude if you don't follow this with their story..... frown

A clever write. An excellent Mix.
What a video!

Creative.

fj
Posted By: DC Ron Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/25/23 09:15 PM
That is one banging song, and a superb vocal performance! So many things here that I imagine are hard to do, but they all sound effortless, musical and, above all, FUN to sing along to. I'm going to be humming this one all night for sure...
Posted By: RnAM Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/25/23 09:51 PM
Ha ha, what a nice idea.
And with a very catchy sound, I must say!

Rob
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/26/23 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hey Marty,

Loved it! A very nice tribute to a finer group of folks. Cleverly written and a joy to the ears. Cool!!!

Take care,

Alan
Thank you, Alan, and so glad I found you among that fine group.

Originally Posted by musician17
smile smile smile smile smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, James. Glad to have a bunch of your songs in my favs rotation.

Originally Posted by Al-David
Marty,

The first time, I listened on SoundCloud. I just went back and watched the video a couple of minutes ago - so dang cool! That must have taken more than a few minutes. Very nicely done!

Alan
Thanks again, Alan. It was actually much easier and much more enjoyable than trying to curate appropriate clips from the royalty free places.

Originally Posted by rsdean
Marty,

A very cool song and cool video!

Bob
Thank you, Bob!!

Originally Posted by laurent4114
This is a very catchy song. the Fiddle solo is a success. It's well done.
Laurent
Thank you very kindly, Laurent.

Originally Posted by tommyad
Marty, what a great idea for a song. We all love this software and what it has done to enrich our lives. Thanks for reminding us and what a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving! Tom
Thank you, Tommy.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 11/28/23 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by jannesan
Lovely tribute for very good music and excellent artists. Fun, upbeat and touching. Nice arrangement, mix and vocals. BIAB showcase music is certainly much more creative and interesting than 95% of the hit list music.

I would like to add one line: "nothing in life feels wrong when Marty, Marty, Marty sings me a song"

Janne
Haha! Good one, Janne. Yeah, I like to listen to what folks create when it's not for money. Their only reward is the creation itself. And you are one rewarding fellow I love hearing.

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Nice tribute see song Marty.

Have you ever thought about becoming a professional song plugger?

smile

I would like to know your rates if you think you can get me some more listens

smile
Thanks, David. For you it's all free. I've been plugging your music for months now, and look at those results...

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We are both humbled by your appreciation of our music and your willingness to also be one of those collaborators you mentioned (and forgot to include!) PG Music is the reason for our return to making music and their magical software and this forum have enabled us to gain appreciation of many genres and develop friendships with good people worldwide who happen to also be excellent musicians.

Thank you, Marty!

Janice and Bud
Yep! You got it. I'm gonna have to do another one about you guys because I am really digging your Blues stuff lately.

Originally Posted by floyd jane
HAHAHA!

OH What Fun It Is

Blue Attitude might turn to Bad Attitude if you don't follow this with their story..... frown

A clever write. An excellent Mix.
What a video!

Creative.

fj
Funny you should say that, Floyd. First of all, Dave & Chris have way too good o' attitudes to sour in any way. But I DO have a song somewhere called Fly On The Wall. It's more about me watching them build a song like mad scientists adding and subtracting to the mix. There's a word in the lyrics for this one that was never fixed. There are so many better words to rhyme with Floyd.
Posted By: Scott C Re: For a Happy Thanksgiving Have a PB&J - 12/07/23 01:05 AM
Wow what a fun song Marty. Thanks very much for the shout out. I feel honored to be included in such a cool group of musicians.
© PG Music Forums