PG Music Home
Posted By: Rick Hansen Home For Christmas - 11/24/23 08:46 PM
A song I wrote about leaving South East Asia just before Christmas 1970. It really is about going home after having been away for a while for anyone, anytime in any year but in this case it's Christmas. Hope someone enjoys it. I'm live on vocals, bass and lead guitar

Style is _ROOTSRK.STY (Roots-Rock Guitar)

RealTracks in style: 635:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 638:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockTremolo Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~~524:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 165
RealDrums in style:RockRootsEv8^1-a:Snare, Open HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

https://soundcloud.com/user-800304115/home-for-christmas?si=13be26ecc0e94934b904be7429fcedb7&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Posted By: ChadHC Re: Home For Christmas - 11/25/23 05:30 PM
Fantastic! Ho ho ho!
plenty of imagery to put oneself into the song. Prosody (e.g., of music to lyrics) like the bells ringing at the right times was great. I like your vocals and mix on this.
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/25/23 06:24 PM
Thank you! I learned a new word cool

Prosody generally refers to intonation, stress pattern, loudness variations, pausing, and rhythm.

Cool

Rick
Posted By: Al-David Re: Home For Christmas - 11/26/23 08:49 AM
Hi Rick,

A nice rocking Christmas tune! Your supporting tracks fit so perfectly with the verve of the projected. I like the way you came back in after the lead break with the minimal tracks and then built them up somewhat before taking the song to its end. The bells were so darn good!

I was in Southeast Asia in '66 & '67. I got home in August of 67, but got stationed almost a thousand miles from home Ha! But I did get home for Christmas. My father was terminally ill and died after the holiday season. Glad I was back to be there.

Again, a really enjoyable listen!

Take care,

Alan
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/26/23 05:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to listen. Hope you have great Christmas season.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Home For Christmas - 11/27/23 12:18 AM
Upbeat and fun rocking Christmas song. Lead guitar sounds good. What did you do for the chimes/bells?
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/27/23 02:36 AM
Thanks for listening!! I put the stems into Studio One and used a VSTi and have since rendered it to audio and deleted the midi but I think it might have been their standard synth Mai Tai but I'm not sure. I remember I had to audition a crap load of them to get it just right. I'm happy the way it came out thou.

Rick
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Home For Christmas - 11/27/23 03:49 PM
"Ho! Ho! HO!" Man, that's a LOT of fun. That's a PERFECT guitar solo for the tune and genre, too. Everything sounds great in the mix as well.

South East Asia was a bit of a mess in 1970. Nice that such a joyful tune could survive all of that.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/27/23 06:58 PM
Thank you for listening and your kind words.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 05:50 AM
I love how the opening leaves no doubt in that this is a Christmas song. laugh

Nice write, good singing, upbeat and fun to listen to.

What more could I ask for from a song?
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 03:57 PM
Just perfect, Rick. Coming from SE Asia in 1970 has a special meaning for sure. But you're right, this song is good anyone comes home --especailly at Christmas. Love it, man. Love it.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 05:04 PM
I enjoyed the song. I like to hear new refreshing Christmas music.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 06:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I still smile every time I listen to it, this is the fourth (and best, in my opinion) version of the song I wrote almost 20 years ago. I put it out there every Christmas and I really think this version using Band in a Box has finally solidified it. Sometimes BIB just nails it. Thanks again for your very kind words.

Rick
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 06:04 PM
Thank you Babu!
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/28/23 06:06 PM
Thank you GuitarHacker...I am a fan of yours for sure, your words mean a lot to me.

Rick
Posted By: MarioD Re: Home For Christmas - 11/29/23 08:59 PM
Rick, this is fantastic.
Great groove and a super vocal.
Loved that guitar lead!
A super good Christmas song.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Home For Christmas - 11/29/23 10:39 PM
Rick, that’s a really good rockin Christmas song. I enjoyed the lyrics and the guitar solo. Well done, Tom
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 11/30/23 04:15 AM
Mario and Tommy your kind words mean more to me than you know. I'm so glad you all liked it. Music has the power doesn't it. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Home For Christmas - 12/07/23 01:13 AM
Excellent tune Rick. Super vocal and backtrack. Well done
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Home For Christmas - 12/07/23 01:55 AM
Thank You !
© PG Music Forums