PG Music Home
Posted By: ThomasS "Take it Slow" (Another Competition Entry) - 12/02/23 09:19 PM

Here's another song I entered today in the Asterian Song Competition. You had to use the AI voice of Asterian, and it had to be an original song, newly composed and never released. I entered another song yesterday, which took me some time to program, but there was a day left before the deadline so I just wrote this one. It was super-simple, because I only used one style (keys, guitar, bass, drums) and no extra instruments or bits. Only added the AI voice using Synthesizeer V and a few backing vocals (Solaria.) There is NO WAY I could have made a demo like this without BIAB for the track and AI singers for the instant vocals. I think the sound quality of this real style is fantastic.

909:Bass,Electric,SmoothPoppy
912:Piano,Electric,Rhythm,SmoothPoppy
1236:Guitar,Electric,Rhythm
RealDrums=JazzFunkGroovin

"Take It Slow"

I need a love song to say what's in my heart
I think you know just the way it should go
So much to say, don't turn away
If the words are too fast the feeling won't last
So I'm gonna take it slow

We've got a lifetime to share our life together
Always the right time to see how love can grow
And for all time our hearts will rhyme
I promise I'll always love you and take it slow

Don't believe that the rabbit wins the race
You've heard about the tortoise and the hare
No good to hurry love, that never is the case
When careless love can vanish into air

Lay down beside me and let me show I love you
In every moment there's magic in the show
It can't be wrong if love is strong
I'll sing you a lifetime love song, and take it slow
The best kind of love song is when you take it slow
I'll sing you a love song and take it slow
Tom, that's a pretty impressive day's work! I like this Asterian performance a little better than the last one. Sounds more nuanced and natural to me. Yeah, that RealStyle sounds really good and is a nice match for this style of song. Good luck with this one as well!
Thanks DC Ron, I think the reason you find this Asterian better than the first is because it was the second time I tried programming him, and made a lot of mistakes but learned during the first song. It takes a while to get used to each different Synth V AI voice, and how they sound and do things. I've never written (as well as produced a demo) in one day, but this is all due to the combination of BIAB and Synthesizer V. I had both programs running, and could try out chords and lyrics and had the singer there to hear what melodies and words would sound like against the track. These two programs are amazing.
Hi Tom,

This is my kind of music! We love Smooth Jazz and Smooth RnB. This falls right in the middle. I agree with Ron that Asterian sounds more natural in this song. Nice programming. The BGVs are great!

Love the song as well as the production. That was a very enjoyable listen! Good luck in the contest!

Best to you,

Alan
© PG Music Forums