PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Behold the Lamb (REMIX as per suggestions) - 12/06/23 06:40 PM
If you haven't guessed by now...I write "gospel" music almost exclusively and Christmas is were the gospel begins...actually the gospel is where Christmas begins....so over the years I've written a few Christmas songs and seems like the only time they can be played is at this time of the year so here's my second installment...this is another Amber (my beautiful daughter) song...it's kind of the full story...so if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

Behold the Lamb
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12573554

Key=D , Tempo 105, Length (m:s)=3:00
RealTracks in style: 3459:Bass, Electric, AmericanaPop8thsSteveA Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3267:Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085

Vocals Amber and Dan
I added: a string section, a second cello and the choir (ooh's and ah's mixed with our vocals) from my Genos
The acoustic guitar and mandolin loops are from Steinburg's Granular Guitar Collection
Posted By: musician17 Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/06/23 09:10 PM
Beautiful. Love the harmonies, especially ... the cello is also beautiful. You and your daughter have done a wonderful job with this one. The final section is so majestic and rich - well done to the both of you smile Merry Christmas!
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/06/23 09:27 PM
I'm not so much a fan of Christmas songs, but this one is really beautifully done. Love the vocals from you both.
Enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 10:50 AM
Lovely song and composition! Especially liked the vocal arrangement. You MIGHT back off on the vocal effects as Amber has a very fine voice that can stand out a bit more. Really enjoyed the tune! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 12:28 PM
Dan, you and Amber have created a fine composition for Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed the fine vocals and wonderful write, Tom
Posted By: rsdean Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 02:29 PM
Dan / Amber,

This is absolutely beautiful... Nothing more to say.

Bob
Dan,

This is beautiful.

You and your daughter sound great together.

Merry Christmas!!!!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 04:54 PM
Clever hook into the song!

Nice build, and lovely arrangement, but it feels a bit "distant". I agree that the FX are a bit overdone on Amber.

Her vocals are great, as are the strings.

But don't get my complaint give the wrong impression - this is a lovely song! laugh
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 05:35 PM
Holy WOW!! What another great song, Dan, and Amber is such a wonderful treat. I'm really digging the whole album. Thanks so much.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/07/23 06:57 PM
Another beautiful Christmas song, Dan (and Amber).

Beautifully sung (a bit too much "hollow" to the reverb).

The orchestration is nice.

I did not care for Sound of the opening acoustic.
It's phase-y-ness actually sounds similar to artifacts from an "extracted" track. It's swirl-i-ness (I'm making up words) runs into the vocals a bit
(these are opinions, of course).

fj
Posted By: Al-David Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/08/23 02:47 AM
Hi Dan and Amber,

A beautiful song permed with equal beauty. i do agree that a little less reverb on Amber's voice would be worth considering. She has such a gorgeous voice that speaks eloquently for itself, straight from her mouth. Just a hint of reverb would be more than adequate. The strings are simply delicious, as are the BGVs.

Beautifully conceived, beautifully sung, and beautifully presented.

You are two amazingly talented people!

Merry Christmas.

Alan
Posted By: firesong Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/08/23 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments about "Behold the Lamb"...I appreciate you listening to it...I especially appreciate things you hear that could be improved upon and/or fixed in the mix...best regards...Dan
I'm not a fan of modern Christmas music, but love the old classics, and to me this reminds me fits right in with them.

Really well done, Dan, Amber does a wonderful job. Agree with the comments about the reverb, but that is an easy fix wink
Posted By: firesong Re: Behold the Lamb (2nd Christmas song) - 12/09/23 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Another beautiful Christmas song, Dan (and Amber).

Beautifully sung (a bit too much "hollow" to the reverb).

The orchestration is nice.

I did not care for Sound of the opening acoustic.
It's phase-y-ness actually sounds similar to artifacts from an "extracted" track. It's swirl-i-ness (I'm making up words) runs into the vocals a bit
(these are opinions, of course).

fj
Floyd, Dave, etc. I remixed the track and killed most of the reverb on Amber and the 12 string...I think it's much better...it sounded "phasey" because the tracks were extracted but I found the original tracks and used them...thanks guys for your very constructive suggestions...Dan
We are quite tardy listening to this and there's little to add to all the accolades.

We enjoyed the write (clever twist on Mary had a little lamb), the great vocals and the arrangement.

All sounds fine on our monitors and that is an excellent string section!

J&B
© PG Music Forums