PG Music Home
Hi Folks,

While the Enchanted By Himself David Snyder is hiding out from his screaming fans, the real David decided to do something. So, as you know, sometimes I like to just play the guitar.

One thing I LOVE about some of the Real Tracks below is that they give me a chance to create that "Acoustic Alchemy" style I adore.

Here I am playing both acoustic guitar and what I would call "textural piano." The piano chords are not always the same chords everyone else is playing (i.e., I am laying different chords over the main ones), but the melodic notes in the piano are counterpoints to the guitar melody. It allows me to achieve a certain sound that I think causes you to take a deep breath at certain points. That is to say, I think there is a lot of "psychophysiology" in music.

Hope you enjoy. This is played on an Ibanez Acoustic Electric cutaway, I really love the tone of this guitar as it is, unadulterated. It is also crazy good for doing Gypsy stuff, so I am going to keep it for sure. smile

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs4/missing-you-again

David Snyder: Guitar, Piano, additional instrumentation, mixing and mastering.

Music copyright 2023 by David Snyder

RealTracks in style: 1536:Bass, Electric, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 911:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad dry Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3906:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSlow16DADGAD Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3099:Organ, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsMike Ev16 060
RealDrums in style:Mallets and Smooth Brushes [Multi]
David,

This is great - flawlessly executed. Beautiful playing and mix.

Bob
Hi, David.

Nice!

Oddly enough, the layering of the guitar and keys had me thinking of Pink Floyd more than anyone else. Not a bad thing at all! Maybe it's that underlying organ sound.

I enjoyed the song! laugh
Nice.

Relaxed and relaxing.
Nicely mixed.
That's a really nice tune! Love the playing and the nice little trills, too. Great arrangement and use of BiaB. I used to listen to AA back in their hit making days but lost touch since. This has that same in-the-pocket-but-casual vibe that still sounds fresh and fun. Oh, and nice tones from the Ibanez! But you must change your profile pic to one with you wearing a black button up and white suspenders, like the cover of Blue Chip. Ha!
Nicely done, David, good playing and your Ibanez sounds fabulous!
Relaxing. Nicely done.
David, that is some calming acoustic playing. It's nice that you returned the main theme later in the piece. So many instrumentals posted here forget to do that and they get lost in the jam. Nicely mixed and a good listen, Tom
Thanks for inviting us to your very cool hiding place, David. Yeah, that Ibanez sounds full and very relaxing. Because of your words, I listened closely to the piano. It sounds just perfect. Really quite interesting. The whole piece is so aurally pleasing.
A soothing instrumental with great work on the acoustic.
Nicely done.
Hey thanks Bob.

I am glad you liked it. You are so uptight up there in Woodstock, so I wanted to help you calm down.

smile
HI david,

Well, I guess I'll just have to sell my Washburn and Yamaha acoustics - or train them to play better. What a sweet tone! And your playing is exemplary. Nice touch!

Call me crazy - wait, that's already been done - but I was thinking, Stevie Nicks could sing one helluva lyric to this. Maybe I'm off-base with that, but that's what crossed what's left of my mind.

Oh, the organ was a great choice!

Alan
Hello David,

This is a little different than I expected from you, but that's probably because I'm used to the Enchanted By Himself David Snyder.
And you really pleasantly surprised me with this song!
A very nice melody and a really good lead on your acoustic (Ibanez, I noticed?).
My compliments!

Hans
Originally Posted by dcuny
Oddly enough, the layering of the guitar and keys had me thinking of Pink Floyd
Me too, but more because of the drum fills.
I like the song, it's quite relaxing.
Just the right thing after a stressful day.
David, this is some very sweet music.
Super chops and tone.
Great job on that backing band.
Loved it.
PS - you should do more like this!
Well done and soothing. Nice work on the guitar. The accompaniment meshes well with your melodic musings.
Really nicely put together David!!! The tracks are sweet and you did a great job of becoming one with the boys in the box!!! Take care. Greg
Thanks David!

I never expected Pink Floyd, but I will take it any day!

I do have one question as we approach the holidays though.

How I am supposed to eat my pudding when I didn't even get any meat!!!!!!!

smile
David,

Wow, this is really a pretty piece. Wonderful playing, very engaging and captivating throughout. Bravo!

Deel
Hi David
Excellent instrumental song
The difficult thing with instrumental songs is that they can quickly become boring.
But that's not the case here
really great playing David
Many greetings
Great tones and chops indeed.
It's very cinematic and oughta be a good candidate for the sync libraries.

And the piano lays very nicely in the fine mix.

Everything is hittin' the note!

J&B
Hey thanks Floyd!

Appreciate that buddy!!

smile
Thanks DC!

I will get some of those white suspenders for myself for Christmas.

smile
Excellent guitar work David. Loved the melody. Backtrack was perfect for the song..
Oh man, you are such a talent, whatever style or instrument, you mix them together for pure gold. Lovely guitar playing, enjoyable chording and the backing band is luscious and calming.

I'll be very interested to hear what you create in 2024, more "psychophysiology" is always welcome smile

Janne
Hi David.

This is really beautiful listening. You're a very talented instrumentalist.
Fine music at it's best!

Best regards,
--Noel
© PG Music Forums