PG Music Home
Posted By: jannesan Stick To The Plan - 12/30/23 06:23 PM
Time for New Year's resolution, here is one suggestion:

Stick To The Plan

Not that gloomy as my previous songs, unless you don't stick to the plan smile I got the idea for the song from a book which said that we plan our lives before we are born. True or not, sometimes it feels like there is a clear plan - you just might have lost your job and suddenly a very interesting job comes your way, which you may have not noticed unless something happened many years earlier. Or you follow somebody else's plan only to realize that it is not yours. Or sometimes something nasty happens exactly under the circumstances it shouldn't - then you should just laugh, because you have probably written that part yourself with your weird sense of humor laugh

I was going to use Synth V JUN again as the lead vocalist, but it couldn't handle some high notes the way I wanted, so I used the new voice SAROS for the first time. SAROS sounds fine, but I'm yet to find its full potential. JUN doing backing vocals, Asterian and Weina are the "angel" choir.

BIAB provided the perfect band, I especially liked the #4055 guitar, played my chords without hiccup and was so dominant that affected also writing of the melody. It was also nice to find a very good solo guitarist, usually quite a difficult task.

Based on style _TAWDRY3.STY

RealDrums: BluesRockEv

RealTracks:
#1011:Bass, Electric, BritInvasion Ev 120
#4055:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernCountryStraightHighHeld Ev 120
#1719:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightSol Ev 120
#1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
#4052:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernCountryStraightHighRiff Ev 120
#4056:Guitar, Electric, Soloist ModernCountryStraightGrittyBrent Ev 120
#4251:Organ, Soloist BluesFastRockinCharles Ev 165

Lead vocals: Synthesizer V SAROS
Backing vocals: Synthesizer V JUN & ASTERIAN & Weina

Mixed in Cakewalk by BandLab (Neutron 4, Nectar 4, Neoverb, Ozone 11)

Lyrics:

High school was over
I followed my friends
I had my own wishes
but went with the trends
I tried to keep raving
but I could just whine
getting rich was their thesis
reason was mine.
Back to the crossroads
saw a timely sign
and passed many milestones
on cloud nine.

Life is a plan
like it or not
it is just like you wrote it.
Stick to the plan
or else you'll regret
even angels will laugh
when you crawl in a pit
(stick to the plan
you should stick to your plan)

Dreamed of a cool girl
and one day she came
enchanted and blinded
I strayed from my aim.
Her path was big parties,
botox and tan
I was her mastercard
presentable man.
Back to the sketchbook
analyzed my plan
and noticed I'd missed one
tranquil Anne.

Life is a plan...

You set up the tragedies and comedies
all the acts before you were born
there was time for joy
there was time to mourn
You set up the challenges
the choices to be made
intersections, every winding way out
so blame yourself for the twisted humor
if that's what your life's all about.

Life is a plan...
---------------------
Janne
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Stick To The Plan - 12/30/23 06:34 PM
Hi Janne
Really cool song that is a lot of fun
Excellent synth vocals
Great song structure with a lot of variety
The organ fits perfectly
Plus the beautiful guitar solo - wonderful
Well done all round !!!
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: vicarn Re: Stick To The Plan - 12/30/23 09:25 PM
I'm always amazed by these synth vocals.
They're almost there, and for some genres they already are. I wonder what they'll sound like in another 5 years.

Vic
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Stick To The Plan - 12/31/23 12:27 PM
Hi Janne,

Man, the vocals sound really good! What you, B.D. Thomas, and David Cuny are accomplishing with the synth vocals is amazing.

Love the "Stick to the Plan" part with all the vocalists in there, very effective. Lead vocal sounds good too overall, just a couple of spots where it didn't sound totally natural.

I really like that organ! Guitar sounds good too.

I like the concept of the lyrics, how everything in life is pre-planned and everything happens for a reason. It certainly seems that way sometimes!

BTW It sounds like you might have been a bit too aggressive trimming the beginning of the audio file, the 'S' from 'Stick' is clipped at this end.

Good one, and a nice way to end out the year!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Stick To The Plan - 12/31/23 02:15 PM
WWhat a cool song, Janne. (The only thing I ever plan for is spontaneity.) Man, you are really good at those synths. Excellent choice there and the musicians. Strong solo. What a terrific driver this one. Such clever lyrics. I'm with ya on this plan, man. Love it!!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/01/24 03:34 AM
Wow. That's something else.

I like Asterian and Solaria on the "angel" parts. They were a touch robotic on "Stick your plan", which I think really worked here.

I like the "false" ending at 2:10. The song is a firehose of lyrics - upbeat and poppy. It doesn't sound like anyone else's music, which is great.

Fun listen! laugh
Posted By: rsdean Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/01/24 11:35 AM
Janne,

Truly outstanding work. Great composition and excellent use of the synth voices. Love the mix also.

You are and a few others here are doing some ground-breaking work with this technology.

Bob
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/01/24 12:06 PM
Janne, this is a WILD ride for sure! Cool lyrics and arrangement. Love the harmonic development throughout. Those vocals are really nice and suit the song well. Two thumbs up from me!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/02/24 01:04 AM
Janne, you are an expert in using those synth voices.
Loved that intro!
Great mix and backing band.
One of your best IMHO.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/02/24 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by PROJECT M
Hi Janne
Really cool song that is a lot of fun
Excellent synth vocals
Great song structure with a lot of variety
The organ fits perfectly
Plus the beautiful guitar solo - wonderful
Well done all round !!!
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Andi, I'm really glad to read so many positive lines in your review smile Glad you liked the organ and the guitar solo.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/02/24 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by vicarn
I'm always amazed by these synth vocals.
They're almost there, and for some genres they already are. I wonder what they'll sound like in another 5 years.

Vic

Thanks Vic for your comment smile Well, I hope that in 5 years I can sing the song myself and AI makes me sound like the best vocalist ever, correcting all faults in pitch, timing and lyrics, automatically laugh

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/03/24 09:16 AM
Hi Janne,

Holy Smoke - that's one energetic and fun song! What great sounds - you have those synth voices eating out of your hand!

Great lyric - great band - great arrangement - etc. - etc. But more importantly, more great fun!

Totally loved this! Great song.

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/05/24 02:30 AM
Wow the intro really grabs you. Incredible work with the vocals. Excellent backtrack. Very cool groove. Well done
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/05/24 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Man, the vocals sound really good! What you, B.D. Thomas, and David Cuny are accomplishing with the synth vocals is amazing.

Love the "Stick to the Plan" part with all the vocalists in there, very effective. Lead vocal sounds good too overall, just a couple of spots where it didn't sound totally natural.

I really like that organ! Guitar sounds good too.

I like the concept of the lyrics, how everything in life is pre-planned and everything happens for a reason. It certainly seems that way sometimes!

BTW It sounds like you might have been a bit too aggressive trimming the beginning of the audio file, the 'S' from 'Stick' is clipped at this end.

Good one, and a nice way to end out the year!

Thanks Dave for your heartwarming comment smile Glad you liked the vocalists, Saros was totally new to me so no wonder there are still some imperfections, Saros should fit quite many styles so I hope to get to work on its voice on more songs in the near future.

You are right about the beginning of the audio file, SoundCloud also clips the beginning a little so it is a double problem. I usually add 1 second silence in front of the file to overcome the problem, but this time I forgot it. I have fixed it now, though.

I hope you have pre-planned to release many masterpieces with Blue Attitude during this year laugh

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/05/24 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
WWhat a cool song, Janne. (The only thing I ever plan for is spontaneity.) Man, you are really good at those synths. Excellent choice there and the musicians. Strong solo. What a terrific driver this one. Such clever lyrics. I'm with ya on this plan, man. Love it!!

Thanks Marty, always pleasure to read your kind comments smile Yep, don't slip from this plan laugh

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/08/24 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by dcuny
Wow. That's something else.

I like Asterian and Solaria on the "angel" parts. They were a touch robotic on "Stick your plan", which I think really worked here.

I like the "false" ending at 2:10. The song is a firehose of lyrics - upbeat and poppy. It doesn't sound like anyone else's music, which is great.

Fun listen! laugh

Thanks David for your kind feedback smile Yep, upbeat and poppy is my main genre, wish I would stick more to that type of music wink

Difficult to understand "It doesn't sound like anyone else's music" because everytime I write something, it feels like it has been done thousand times, but of course I really appreciate your words laugh

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/08/24 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janne,

Truly outstanding work. Great composition and excellent use of the synth voices. Love the mix also.

You are and a few others here are doing some ground-breaking work with this technology.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your positive comment smile

Janne
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/08/24 07:03 PM
What a great job, you are a master of those synth voices.
Uplifting, intelligent and very unique.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/09/24 09:06 PM
Janne, that's a wild song with wild lyrics. I don't quite agree with the theory of the prenatal plan, but the lyrics are pretty cool.
It's a damn catchy song, very entertaining, and the idea with the fake ending before the solo works very well.
Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/09/24 09:18 PM
We agree that the BiaB band is perfect for this and the singers are in fine form too!

The angels laughing and the twisted humor references seem spot on for much of life.
Janice was reminded of her mother’s advice to her children that it’s better to laugh than cry about some of what life throws at you.

That guitar does work really well, as does the organ.
Your singers sound great together and had us both smiling. 😊

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/09/24 09:45 PM
Janne, good stuff! The sound has such a great groove and feel throughout, and like everyone I really like that guitar and organ.

Brad
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/10/24 03:01 AM
Janne,

Really catchy in a lot of ways . . . a toe tapping head nodder. Great use of vocaloids. Really like those harmonies in the chorus. And boy, that Stick to the Plan refrain . . . magnetic. Nice touches on the production throughout. Perfect ending as well—sharp arrangement.

Very slick tune!

Deej
Posted By: PeterF Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/10/24 06:25 AM
Janne

Very impressive. Some great vocal programming and excellent songwriting.
It really rips.

Peter
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/11/24 06:40 AM
Janne,

Synth V's vocals are really good.
It's easy to see why everyone uses Synth V instead of Vocaloid.
The basics are rock, but the chord progression has your own flavor, making it a work of high originality and quality.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/11/24 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Janne, this is a WILD ride for sure! Cool lyrics and arrangement. Love the harmonic development throughout. Those vocals are really nice and suit the song well. Two thumbs up from me!

Thanks DC for your really positive feedback and thumbs smile 'Wild ride' is really neat description smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/11/24 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
Janne, you are an expert in using those synth voices.
Loved that intro!
Great mix and backing band.
One of your best IMHO.

Thanks Mario for your kind words smile I'm no expert in anything, but I am pleased to make you believe so wink

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/11/24 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Al-David
Holy Smoke - that's one energetic and fun song! What great sounds - you have those synth voices eating out of your hand!

Great lyric - great band - great arrangement - etc. - etc. But more importantly, more great fun!

Totally loved this! Great song.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I enjoy reading your positive comment smile "energetic and fun", glad you found those key elements of the song I tried to achieve.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/14/24 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Scott C
Wow the intro really grabs you. Incredible work with the vocals. Excellent backtrack. Very cool groove. Well done

Thanks Scott for your kind and positive review smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/14/24 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
What a great job, you are a master of those synth voices.
Uplifting, intelligent and very unique.

Thanks BT for your heartwarming words smile Uplifting, intelligent and very unique make me blush blush

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/17/24 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Janne, that's a wild song with wild lyrics. I don't quite agree with the theory of the prenatal plan, but the lyrics are pretty cool.
It's a damn catchy song, very entertaining, and the idea with the fake ending before the solo works very well.
Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!

Thanks B.D. for your pleasant comment smile Well, there are many wild theories trying to explain life, probably none are true, but I like to read about them, especially if they are creative and have ideas that seem to "click". And of course I like to make songs about these theories wink

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/17/24 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We agree that the BiaB band is perfect for this and the singers are in fine form too!

The angels laughing and the twisted humor references seem spot on for much of life.
Janice was reminded of her mother’s advice to her children that it’s better to laugh than cry about some of what life throws at you.

That guitar does work really well, as does the organ.
Your singers sound great together and had us both smiling. 😊

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for your kind and supportive comment smile Glad you understood the twisted humor part also. Janice's mother has given a very good advice, and worth following, although I have to admit, it is not easy to laugh when you are waist-deep in a muddy ditch laugh

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/17/24 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Janne, good stuff! The sound has such a great groove and feel throughout, and like everyone I really like that guitar and organ.

Brad

Thanks Brad, it is big pleasure to read such a positive feedback smile

Janne
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/17/24 11:57 PM
Janne,
Wow, you really got a hang of those robo singers. Do you beat them to comply? Very cool & energetic arrangement. Seems you invested a lot of time in producing this hit. Mix is A+. Fun listen and thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/18/24 09:21 AM
Incredible song and arrangement ~ and very true too, particularly the finals verse.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/20/24 04:40 PM
Hi Janne,

I posted a reaction on your song, youst some minutes ago but I can't find it anymore. That's a pitty, because I did my best...
But I gave a comment on your song on SoundCloud and liked it.
I want to tell you are really good with those AI voices, just like Brain and David C.
I had 2 AI voices from Emvoice to practise, but I fear I'm not even close to your achievements!
I realize it must have been a lot of work to get the AI vocal sounds so realistic. Also because it's a fast song.
I liked the song and the atmosphere it has. Schoolboys drama (in a way).

I don't agree with your statement we have a plan and have to stick on that. I think it is pure luck or the lack of that, what decides who we become (and a huge discussion about all that too)

But I stick to my feelings loving the song, Janne!
Hans
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/20/24 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Deej56
Really catchy in a lot of ways . . . a toe tapping head nodder. Great use of vocaloids. Really like those harmonies in the chorus. And boy, that Stick to the Plan refrain . . . magnetic. Nice touches on the production throughout. Perfect ending as well—sharp arrangement.

Very slick tune!

Deej

Thanks Deej, I really appreciate your positive comment smile Glad you found the song catchy, "a toe tapping head nodder" that was really rewarding description smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/20/24 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by PeterF
Janne

Very impressive. Some great vocal programming and excellent songwriting.
It really rips.

Peter

Thanks Peter for your kind feedback smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/20/24 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by animarorecords
Synth V's vocals are really good.
It's easy to see why everyone uses Synth V instead of Vocaloid.
The basics are rock, but the chord progression has your own flavor, making it a work of high originality and quality.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki Adachi for your nice review smile Always pleasure to read your kind feedback on the chord progression.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/24/24 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Janne,
Wow, you really got a hang of those robo singers. Do you beat them to comply? Very cool & energetic arrangement. Seems you invested a lot of time in producing this hit. Mix is A+. Fun listen and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha for your positive feedback smile No, I don't need to beat them to comply, they sing whatever I want and whenever I want, without hiccups smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/24/24 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Incredible song and arrangement ~ and very true too, particularly the finals verse.

Thanks for your kind feedback smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Stick To The Plan - 01/24/24 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Birchwood
I posted a reaction on your song, youst some minutes ago but I can't find it anymore. That's a pitty, because I did my best...
But I gave a comment on your song on SoundCloud and liked it.
I want to tell you are really good with those AI voices, just like Brain and David C.
I had 2 AI voices from Emvoice to practise, but I fear I'm not even close to your achievements!
I realize it must have been a lot of work to get the AI vocal sounds so realistic. Also because it's a fast song.
I liked the song and the atmosphere it has. Schoolboys drama (in a way).

I don't agree with your statement we have a plan and have to stick on that. I think it is pure luck or the lack of that, what decides who we become (and a huge discussion about all that too)

But I stick to my feelings loving the song, Janne!
Hans

Thanks Hans for your thoughtful and thorough comment smile Glad you liked my use of these voices, although they don't really require much work, writing the lyrics is much harder work.

I cannot prove you wrong about what you say about luck, it seems that some guys have all the luck and some nothing at all regardless of the amount of work... or maybe that's your plan, before you were born, you just said let the dice decide what's going to happen in your life laugh actually, you could write a song called 'Let the dice decide' about your view on luck laugh

Janne
© PG Music Forums