PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/15/24 09:37 AM
Original tune - I play ac/el/slide guitars, piano/bass/strings/hammond on the keys, drum from BB 2022.

https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/jenny-americana-instrumental

Carl
Posted By: PeterF Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/15/24 08:52 PM
Pretty song, well played.
Nice work.

Peter
Posted By: dcuny Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/16/24 04:55 AM
Hi, Carl.

Peter took my words! What a pleasant listen. smile
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/16/24 05:42 AM
Thank you Peter, glad you liked my tune - cheers, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/16/24 05:43 AM
Thanks David - glad you approved, best Carl
Posted By: DC Ron Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/16/24 12:10 PM
Carl, gorgeous tune, and well played! Love the tone on your lead guitar. Also like your arrangement and the subtle way the rest of your instruments weave in and out without ever losing the narrative. Really enjoyed this!
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/16/24 02:49 PM
Thanks so much Ron for your very nice comment - chuffed you thought it was ok, cheers from the UK.

Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/26/24 07:33 PM
I had a go at improving this mix - don't know whether anyone agrees it's a better balance etc?

Carl
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/26/24 08:50 PM
Really sweet sounds, your guitar work is fantastic sounding, like the strings, and the overall vibe.
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/26/24 09:00 PM
Hi carl,

What a lovely and engaging song. Sublime, yet with a strong vibe. very nicely created and performed. It was a real joy to listen. Superb arrangement!

Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/26/24 11:48 PM
Sure like your style Carl. Very well written, played and mixed. Since no one else has asked yet, who's Jenny? She has sure inspired a great piece of music. I sure liked those slides.

Brad
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 12:18 AM
Carl, this is a outstanding masterpiece.
Just plain beautiful.
You are a fantastic musician.
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 05:42 AM
Thanks a lot Elliott - glad you approve, thanks for listening!!

Best wishes, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 05:45 AM
Many thanks Alan, glad the remix met with your approval - thanks for taking a listen!!

Cheers, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 05:55 AM
Hi Brad, Jenny was someone I met out of the blue down the vale from here (Dedham Vale) on a small bridge over the river Stour (East Anglia UK) - we fell into a 2 hour conversation on a warm summers day and had a really wonderful chemistry going (ended up hugging repeatedly). It turned out Jenny had retired early from the Police due to health issues - she suffered badly with M.E. and back pain (like me) and we parted reluctantly but on the best of terms, sadly I never heard back from her and my tune was a reflexion on the magical meeting on the bridge.
Thanks a lot for listening Brad and for your nice comment!!

Best, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 06:02 AM
Hi Mario, really chuffed you like my 'Jenny' tune - I have just replied to Brad above with a bit of background info, it's a mix of happiness with the memory of beautiful Jenny and sadness that I didn't hear back from her (I have no doubt due to her ongoing health issues).
Thanks again for listening Mario and for your very nice comment!!

Cheers from the UK, Carl
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 03:06 PM
Beautiful playing, reminds me a bit of the quieter instrumentals Knopfler wrote after Dire Straits.
Nice transparent mix that leaves plenty of room for a potential singer.
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/27/24 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot BDT for your very nice (and surprising) comment - love Mark Knopfler's music and playing, glad you heard some influence of his - he's a giant in our world of music and guitar playing!
Chuffed you like my tune - thanks for listening, best Carl
Posted By: David Snyder Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/28/24 02:58 PM
Sounds cool!
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 02/28/24 04:32 PM
Thank you David - glad you thought it was ok!

Cheers, Carl
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 03/02/24 11:17 PM
Very pretty song. Excellent playing. Lovely melody. Well done
Posted By: camog Re: "Jenny" - (Americana Instrumental) - 03/03/24 07:05 AM
Thanks a lot Scott - very pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers from the UK, Carl
© PG Music Forums