PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 03/29/24 10:38 AM
Hi, all
This song has been co-written with David Cuny.
There would be so much things to say about D-Day.
Because I'm french, I only will say "Thank you, Boys!"

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/on-june-6-forty-four-with-david-cuny

On june 6, forty four
You landed on this sand
Stormed the beach at Omaha
With a grease gun in your hand
Under heavy german fire
Fought to make it up the shore
Up into the breach
And to the killing floor

Bodies lying on the ground
Drowned soldiers in cold water
Though death was all around
You survived the slaughter
So many friends have fallen
So many lives were lost
Still, you had a job to do
No matter what the cost

Today in Normandy
You weep for the losses
Of your brothers resting deep
Under these white stone crosses
And though eighty years have passed
Since they have paid the price
We always will remember
And thank them for their sacrifice

RD Americana Brushes and Shaker (Multi)
RD BluesRockFunky16ths^6
RT 3119 Acoustic Bass
RT 3703 Acoustic Guitar
RT 3700 Solo Acoustic Guitar
RT 1765 Fingerpicking Guitar
RT 3245 Electric Guitar
RT 3247 Solo Electric Guitar
Synthesizer v: Natalie
Bonjour Christian
Ta chanson me rappelle un jour ou je suis allé au cimetière d'Omaha. Il devait y avoir la relève de la garde de l'armée américaine et un Gi jouez de la trompette, il y avait toutes ses tombes blanches avec l'âge des gars dessus et la plage en contrebas. Ca te prend aux tripes et tu pense à tout ces jeunes, mort sur la plage. Comme les vieux de 14 tu te dis: plus jamais ça mais il y a toujours un gros con pour remettre le couvert. Ca fait pitié. Merci pour eux , merci pour nous.
Amicalement
Laurent
Posted By: dcuny Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 03/29/24 04:30 PM
Hi, Christian.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work on this with you - and your patience!

This came out great. smile
Pretty cool song about an important historical event in your country, nicely narrated by Natalie.
I think you guys did a really good job. The song says "I am French" without being too "Chanson".
Love it!
Christian and David,
I love this, the lyrics are a wonderful tribute to those that fell in that operation.
And to me, your "singer" has that small French Cafe sound.

Well done and great job.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 03/29/24 11:39 PM
Very cool composition. Natalie does a nice job, and the band sounds just right. The electric guitar solo was a brave choice, but sounds perfect to me. The sanctity of Normandy is still understood by many over here. Nice to hear this tune!
Posted By: MarioD Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 03/30/24 02:14 PM
Christian and David,
An outstanding tribute to those whom perished on that most important day of the war.
Everything is perfect.
Posted By: Chris37 Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 03/30/24 02:21 PM
Thank you all,
It was important to me to create a song about this so special day.
David's linguistic help was very valuable to me.
LOVE IT! Very good song, Chris and David. Well-written and the lyrics are so good. Natalie is becoming one of my favorite singers ---surely the top choice of synths. My wife and I were in Normandy for the 70th anniversary.
Posted By: firesong Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 04/02/24 06:39 PM
Christian...what a wonderful tribute to those brave men who charged into the fray that day and days to come...you and David have an exquisite job here...the track is super...great band...and Natalie has never sounded better!
Fantastic song you two. "Since they have paid the price We always will remember And thank them for their sacrifice" That ought to be on a bumper sticker to help more folks remember.

Brad
Posted By: Chris37 Re: On june 6, forty four (with David Cuny) - 04/05/24 04:30 PM
Thanks Brad,
This song is my way of paying tribute to all those young Americans who risked their lives to free us. Many lost their lives there! We are so indebted to them...
© PG Music Forums