PG Music Home
Posted By: Powderman Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/07/10 01:16 PM
I work with a gentleman on my day job occasional – who has always impressed me because of his positive attitude. One evening as we traveled – he disappeared for a couple of hours. I asked him the next day about it. He explained that he had been pretty wild and headed down the wrong road when younger – but he has been sober for 23 yrs. He still seeks out support groups as he travels – not so much to keep him straight, but as a effort to help others. His brother is a priest and after many years had convinced him that helping others was sometimes the road to helping oneself. I commented on what an amazing story that was – and his response was – maybe there's a song it that for you – so.

I love playing waltzes – no matter what instrument I am playing at the time, but have never been satisfied with the results any time I have tried to compose one. I am not totally satisfied with this one – but it is the path I choose.

A combination of Nu_country waltz and Nora crossover – various tracks rendered in BIAB - then mixed in Sonar. A little guitar strumming myself and attempted to blow a little harp in the bridge ( I am not very good at that).

Jose and Jack is the title – anyone who is familiar with adult beverages should figure out who they are.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/bfRxYgvN/R_Weaver_Jose_and_Jack.html
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/07/10 01:49 PM
I liked the tune (having worked for Jack for nearly 30 years made it more interesting to me I guess) Only nit pick would be, unless it was my system, the vocal was lost in the mix as I had trouble understanding the lyric from time to time.

Nice work!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/07/10 09:23 PM
Hi Powderman,

A great listen. Seems there was a pretty good song in the story after all

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/08/10 02:52 AM
Powderman,
I envy your deep voice... Enjoyed the song, liked the chord progression... and I thought your harmonica playing sounded quite good in the mix! I'd have to agree that the vocals are a little hard to understand.

I always enjoy your songs.. you have a real down-to-earth style that resonates with me.
Posted By: Powderman Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/08/10 12:47 PM
Danny - thanks for the comment - I thought I had the vox too far to the front and pushed them back a little - maybe pushed too far. I have never been a big fan of Jack - but I sure spend some time with Jose from time to time.

Noel - thanks for listening

Pat - thanks for the thoughts. I truly enjoy listening to music with harmonica in it - I carry one with me when I travel to past the time when driving - but have never really learned all the proper techniques in playing one.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/08/10 12:59 PM
Hi Powderman,

I like how you mixed and matched RealTracks for this song.
Isn't it great we can do that with these wonderful programs.
I think your version on SoundClick is better than on 4shared, clearer, well on my system anyway.

Just my opinion.

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: Powderman Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/09/10 02:15 PM
Hey Michee,

Thanks for listening.

Thats odd about the difference you hear between the two files. The one on Soundclick of course is kbps 128 while the one stored on 4shared is kbps 320. I used the same wav file to render both - used Studio One to convert to the mp3
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/14/10 08:27 AM
Nice waltzy groove Powderman. Good music! truly beautiful harmonica...love it! . Thanks for share up it.

3/4 of regards,

Carlos
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/14/10 03:22 PM
Good tune Powderman and production. Good job on the harp.
Interesting where stories and inspiration come from sometimes.
Because I'm hard of hearing I leave the TV captioning on - I see some great lines go by - great hook lines. Course a live story is always better.

The way different forum members "hear" a song . . . I'm wondering, maybe its time for hearing tests all 'round.

Good to see you back - it's been awhile.

Cheers - Ian
Posted By: MarioD Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/15/10 12:29 AM
Hey Powderman, great song and super lyrics.

Very nice guitar chops and super blues harp!
Posted By: Powderman Re: Orignial - Jose and Jack - 08/15/10 08:42 PM
Carlos - Ian - Mario

Thanks for the comments.

I still have a lot to learn on the harmonica. My wife is always coming home with something - She thinks I can learn to play. I have a banjo hanging on the wall I have barely touched and she came home with a fiddle a few weeks ago. Heck I didn't start playing the guitar until I was past 50 - I'm going to have to live a few more years if I'm ever going to learn all this stuff.

Take Care - thanks for listening
© PG Music Forums