PG Music Home
Posted By: ve2cjw With a little imagination... - 08/10/10 06:00 PM
I have been doing some experimenting with Realband and find it very interesting. Compared to most of you, I'm not a pro musician, just an old geezer having fun. What I like to do best is to compose complete tunes using only Band in a Box and Realband. I find that there seems to be no limit to what you can do if you put some work in it. Here is a nice example of a complete jazz tune that you could hear in a smoky night club. If you like it, I could post other examples that are completely different. I have some nice blues to show off. I also have some tunes that use a combination of Realtracks and MIDI on my Sonic Cell. Thanks for any comment. Here is the tune: http://pages.videotron.com/ve2cjw/jazz%20sextet.mp3 Enjoy.
Mike.
Posted By: retake Re: With a little imagination... - 08/10/10 09:23 PM
Mike, I enjoyed it. You may want to try a couple of things. You might want to get rid of the lead in clicks unless you intended to keep them in there. Also try lowering the volume on the sax just a little bit and add more reverb to it to move it back in the mix a little.

Steve
Posted By: RickeG Re: With a little imagination... - 08/14/10 09:06 PM
HI Mike, Had trouble accessing the URL.
Posted By: MarioD Re: With a little imagination... - 08/15/10 12:40 AM
Quote:

HI Mike, Had trouble accessing the URL.

Me too
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: With a little imagination... - 08/20/10 12:42 AM
Hi guys. The URL works fine here. Don't know what's wrong. Sorry. I'll try to find another place to post my songs. Thanks.
Mike.
Posted By: John Conley Re: With a little imagination... - 08/20/10 03:11 PM
Well done. Are you playing the sax? (es)?
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: With a little imagination... - 08/21/10 03:08 AM
Hi John. To answer simply, the last time I ever played something was 46 years ago when I played the trumpet in a marching band. In this song, everything was played with Realtracks but it did necessitate some work on my part. I'm going to post some songs that are quite different to show what Realtracks can really do. I get my fun in trying to build bands out of the offered Realtracks. Sometimes it clicks fine but other times, it's horrible. Thanks for your interest.
Mike.
© PG Music Forums