PG Music Home
Posted By: deltagolf To all the awesome soloists of PG Music - 08/14/10 11:37 AM
I'd like to showcase the fabulous quality of some of the soloists who recorded for PG Music. Well, they're all fantastic, but obviously one can only use a couple of soloist in each tune. This one goes full power with piano, hammond, guitars, banjo, mandolin, bass and drums.

Daniel

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewprivtrack.php?trackid=56655

Key=A , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=4:09
Style is CELT_JIG.STY (Celtic Jig style - World Styles)

RealTracks in song: ~592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in song: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 887:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment FolkPopPrairie Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 605:Guitar, Electric, Chet Pickin' Ev 100
RealTracks in song: ~598:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in song: ~597:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in song: ~589:Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: ~599:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 821:Mandolin Soloist Bluegrass Ev 100 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in Song: Nashville2Beat^04-Brushes,SdeStk
Hey Delta
Very well done - it was great to have a user showcase some of these instrumentalists.

As a fingerpicker, and one who doesn't record his own guitar (not for lack of trying but lack of hearing)), I find that PG is still missing an RT fingerpicker to fit this rhythm style. Sure there is midi but we need an RT to fit what you've done here - preferably steel string - to fit such tunes like Don't Think Twice, Last Thing on My Mind, the Boxer -
Would you have by chance found a current RT fingerpicking instrumentalist to fit? I haven't, am I missing it?

Cheers - Ian
Hello Ian
Thanks for your feedback, but I'm not quite sure how to read your post. No, I haven't found any "picker" besides the one featured in this compilation (Chet pickin'). BTW: one of my all time favourites is Check Atkins/Mark Knopfler's "Just One Time". Still get goosepimples listening to it.
Daniel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4KNF_bK0Y

edit: come to think of it - I just did a quick re-mix
Posted By: RickeG Re: To all the awesome soloists of PG Music - 08/14/10 08:38 PM
HI Delta,

I definitely agree with you on that. I started learning the art of arrangement. And having the many soloists here on BiaB has been a great resource in my learning. For years I had many ideas cross my mind and did not have the availability of musicians to record them. BiaB has definitely gotten me to express myself beyond the 6 strings I have learned to play and jump into the role of an arranger/producer where I can set up a series of chords, choose a style or two, and then tweak some of the soloists and voila!

I really liked what you did here. it was a nice blend of instruments tasteful use of banjo and a happy feel.
keep the coming!

Cheers,
RickeG
Thank you RickeG

I fell like being in heaven having all this great sounds and possibilities at my fingertips (or moustail). I remember when I was a kid, my biggest wish would have been to own a mellotron. Then at the time I would not dare to imagine what it must be to have an orchestra on a keyboard. Since I "only" played horn, trombone and a little bit of clarinette (parents pressure - ehm - wish) in my youth, I couldn't arrange songs on a keyboard. Well, at least until the 1990's with MIDI and an AWE32 (but that's another story). I always had a desire to arrange sounds to my liking. Now with BIAB and RealTracks it's just magic and - a piece of heaven for me. Funny thing is, the more I get into it, the more I realise I'm far away from where I would like to be. Steep learning curve on arranging, mixing etc.
Goooood fun though - as you know.

Daniel

BTW - I did listen to your tunes. "Somethin' Good" I like a lot, but I didn't want to comment on it since I don't feel "qualified" enough to comment. But I like the sound of it. Awesome into there (be careful not to compress jazz to death ). It has some heavy bass me thinks, but this could be just my setup.
Posted By: MarioD Re: To all the awesome soloists of PG Music - 08/15/10 12:48 AM
Another song that should be a showcase for what RT’s can do.

Great job and super production.
Thanks for posting that Daniel, it sounds great!
Thank you all for your nice comments. And thank YOU, Dr. Gannon, for this superb piece of software.
Daniel

edit: Since there are so many fabulous soloists, I shall post another one, done in a slightly different manner.
© PG Music Forums